Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS has a new 2GB yearly offer (email)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS has a new 2GB yearly offer (email)

BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
edited October 2013 in General

So i just got this email from ChicagoVPS

We hope that you are having a fantastic weekend, we noticed that your profile with ChicagoVPS has been inactive. Have you noticed our new website design recently released? We welcome your thoughts! http://www.chicagovps.net/

ChicagoVPS has expanded again, now serving 6 different regions: Chicago, Buffalo, Los Angeles, Atlanta, New Jersey, and Dallas!

We want to take the opportunity to invite you back to ChicagoVPS with an exclusive discount with the following VPS special available in any of our 6 locations:

2048MB (2GB) RAM
50GB RAID-10 Protected Diskspace
2000GB Monthly Bandwidth
2x IPv4 Addresses
Instant Setup
OpenVZ Virtualization

Available in 6 locations!

Discounted Price: ONLY $3.33 per month! ($40/Year)

Order Now - https://billing.chicagovps.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=263

... There's more! Sign up within the next 5 days, and use coupon WELCOMEHOME for an additional 20% off recurring, making the VPS just $2.66/month! ($32/year)

ChicagoVPS has also expanded our SSD VPS line up now offering pure SSD VPS in Los Angeles and Atlanta, which are premium VPS hosted on blazing fast SSD drives, which guarantees screaming fast disk I/O performance - perfect for I/O hungry applications. We are extending the following SSD VPS special for you:

1024MB (1GB) Dedicated Ram
1024MB vSwap
20 GB RAID10 PURE SSD Space
1TB Monthly Bandwidth
100Mbps Port
1 IPv4 Address
OpenVZ Virtualization

Available in: Los Angeles & Atlanta

Order Now - $4.50/month - https://billing.chicagovps.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=229

BONUS: We sincerely appreciate the opportunity that you have given us, and would love to see you back at ChicagoVPS! Order ANY VPS plan mentioned above within the next 7 days and open a ticket to billing to receive a FREE month added on top of your next due date!

P.S. We are also updating our bargain bin dedicated server inventory, where we publish special deals on dedicated servers. For those who are possibly interested in upgrading to a dedicated server solution, or looking to deploy a dedicated server, please feel free to check out the bargain bin section at: https://billing.chicagovps.net/cart.php?gid=30

Here are a few hot dedicated servers up for grabs at the moment of writing this email:

Dual Core / 320GB HDD / 4 GB RAM / 5 TB BW - $30/month (1 Available)

Core2Quad / 1TB HDD / 8GB RAM / 10TB BW - $45/month (1 Available)

Xeon X3450 2.66 GHz / 2x 1 TB HDD / RAID 0 or 1 / 12GB RAM / 10TB BW - $59/month (1 Available)

Order: https://billing.chicagovps.net/cart.php?gid=30

2GB for $2.66 /month, incredible...

Who's going to get one?

I might get one, but i already have too many LEBs -.-'

Comments

• Oh,2GB RAM is a LEB?I don't think so.lol.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited October 2013

2GBYR still works - if you can live with LAX/ORD/BUF you can still get the $30/year special they ran ages ago.

• I wish providers would stop advertising yearly offers as monthly offers.

• They can make it as cheap as they like, even free, but people are starting to wise up and not touch them, thankfully.

• Ooer, I really like that new site...

• @r0t3n said:
    They can make it as cheap as they like, even free, but people are starting to wise up and not touch them, thankfully.

I've actually never had a problem with them, the only downtime I had was due to the solusVM exploit.

• Me either uptime currently >100 days+ on my 3Gb $21/quarter box.

Speed pretty good, and tickets answered pretty quickly.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited October 2013

You left out the subject of the email

ChicagoVPS - Crazy Fall Deals -- We want you back!!!

We hope that you are having a fantastic weekend, we noticed that your profile with ChicagoVPS has been inactive...

I wonder how big the mailing list was for the ex-CVPS clients mailing. #LOSING

I moved my 5 canceled CVPS VPS's to Iniz who have a 2GB $41.08 annual plan with more resources than CVPS's plan. The Iniz VPS's have much better uptime/performance/better network than the canceled CVPS VPS's did.

Here are a few hot dedicated servers up for grabs at the moment of writing this email:

The antiquated dedicated servers they are offering in this ad are crap and overpriced compared to what you can get at QPS, Datashack, Wholesale Internet, and other US budget dedicated providers.

really like that new site...

I really like the facts that CVPS recently made their WHOIS private (probably to cover up the fact that their "office" is a residential home), have incompetent support and poor uptime compared to the competition, have repeatedly lost customer data and have horrendous security and have had their customer database breached multiple times, and everyone associated with the company is a pathological liar. Most of all I like the fact that their clownboy joke of a CEO Chris Fabozzi was working as a salesboy at Kohl's as recently as January 2013 while claiming to be a giant of the hosting industry.

• @DomainBop What is salesboy?

• do they have great kvm offer like openvz?

• @DomainBop said:

But, no really, tell us how you really feel.

• I think they have xen offers from time to time also

• @DomainBop said:

Chris fabozzi is a front, we all know who actually runs the show!

• @DomainBop said:

Most of all I like the fact that their clownboy joke of a CEO Chris Fabozzi was working as a salesboy at Kohl's as recently as January 2013 while claiming to be a giant of the hosting industry.

Interesting. Do you have a source?

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited October 2013

@darknyan said:
    Interesting. Do you have a source?

His LinkedIn profile.

Owner/Director Of Operations

ChicagoVPS
    November 2009 – Present (4 years)

As the Director of Operations, I take care of advertising and marketing, billing, accounting, and strategic planning. I oversee 10 employees daily and communicate goals and expectations.

Sales Associate

Kohl's Department Stores
    May 2007 – January 2013 (5 years 9 months)

• I am sorry, but I don't see a profit margin for them with this offer. Can we say overselling to the max?

• @DomainBop said:
    have incompetent support and poor uptime compared to the competition,

I have over 12 VPSes and most of them with different companies, CVPS is consistent in uptime with all my other VPS providers. Their support has been fine with me, though that's just my personal experience.

have repeatedly lost customer data and have horrendous security and have had their customer database breached multiple times,

I believe the data breach with the customer database happened once. Correct me if I'm wrong. Customer data was lost once due to a 0-day SolusVM exploit. Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

everyone associated with the company is a pathological liar.

That's quite a claim.

• I believe the data breach with the customer database happened once.

Twice. November 2012 and June 2013.

• @DomainBop said:
    Twice. November 2012 and June 2013.

I thought the June 2013 incident was just a repost of what happened on November 2012.

• I have 6 VPSes with ChicagoVPS, most for close to 1 year. No complaints. They have problems just like every other provider, and they resolve them just like every other provider.

• @black said:
    I thought the June 2013 incident was just a repost of what happened on November 2012.

Nope, separate incident. November was a data breach; June had VPSes actually dropping like flies.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@DomainBop said:
    Owner/Director Of Operations ChicagoVPS November 2009 – Present (4 years)

As the Director of Operations, I take care of advertising and marketing, billing, accounting, and strategic planning. I oversee 10 employees daily and communicate goals and expectations. Sales Associate Kohl's Department Stores May 2007 – January 2013 (5 years 9 months)

Congratulations, you know how to read. First off, at least know the full story before you go spewing false facts. Is it really a crime that I worked somewhere while going to College and I retained that job working one day a month just for something to do? I enjoyed working there and had many of friends that I wanted to keep in touch with, not to mention the discounts were nice.

You have posted no relevant information here so I think its time for you to move on.

• @ihatetonyy said:
    Nope, separate incident. November was a data breach; June had VPSes actually dropping like flies.

Wasn't that the 0-day solusVM incident? I'm not sure how you can blame CVPS for that.

• @black said:
    Wasn't that the 0-day solusVM incident? I'm not sure how you can blame CVPS for that.

Not blaming them for it, not jumping on the "CVPS is the root of all evil" bandwagon, especially considering I have active services with them. Just noting that they got hit in June.

• @ihatetonyy said:
    Not blaming them for it, not jumping on the "CVPS is the root of all evil" bandwagon, especially considering I have active services with them. Just noting that they got hit in June.

Ah sorry, I didn't mean you specifically, just people claiming the June 2013 incident was CVPS' fault.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited October 2013

@black because there act like ovh, ohh we got hacked let put the servers offline for a week. RamNode got it back in about 24Hours,ChicagoVPS also don't inform there customers to.

• MauriceMaurice Member
    edited October 2013

I have the $30 plan, same as this but with 1 IP. When the breach happened, I cared much less about losing my data (which included a big RoR project I was working on) and more about the revelation that my node was being 10x oversold. Still on the fence about keeping it, I sincerely hope they got more servers in ATL.

• @Infinity580 said:
    RamNode got it back in about 24Hours,ChicagoVPS also don't inform there customers to.

That's odd. I was, and still am, a customer of both companies. RamNode did not fully recover in 24 hours like you believe, and I did get customer emails from both ChicagoVPS and RamNode during and after the SolusVM hack. Additionally, RamNode had less nodes to restore than ChicagoVPS. Both companies were victims, both companies moved past that incident, apparently some people can't. Just remember, this is LOW END talk/box, it's not like we are paying premium prices for unparalleled service.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited October 2013

@Maurice said:
    I have the $30 plan, same as this but with 1 IP. When the breach happened, I cared much less about losing my data (which included a big RoR project I was working on) and more about the revelation that my node was being 10x oversold. Still on the fence about keeping it, I sincerely hope they got more servers in ATL.

Well, you were paying $30/year for a 2GB RAM VPS. What did you expected?

• I have 4 boxes with ChicagoVPS. I had some issues, but the vps's are generally good in performance (2 monthly, one semi-annually and an annually plans). This is not a such terrible hosting company, as some guys here trying to present. They are not perfect but, remember, they offer lebs in very low prices with some good performance (at least for me) as shown in serverbear's bencharks I did for my vps's.