Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

where is Virtual Memory Usage in cPanel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

where is Virtual Memory Usage in cPanel?

ChuckChuck Member
edited May 2018 in General

Only Physical Memory Usage shows in cPanel:
0 bytes / 1 GB ( 0% )

I have looked everywhere. I don't see the "Virtual memory usage" .
This is Paper Lantern theme.

Comments

• ZerpyZerpy Member

If virtual memory usage is disabled (set to 0) in lve then it won't show in the cPanel interface - at same time, it's recommended to actually only use the PMEM setting and keep VMEM set to 0.

Last time I talked with CloudLinux, they said they'll eventually deprecate setting VMEM since it brings no actual benefit.

• ChuckChuck Member

Does this mean that the 1 GB PMEM shows in cPanel is dedicated to me? since they disabled the VMEM.

• ZerpyZerpy Member

https://docs.cloudlinux.com/index.html?memory_limits.html

Read what the limits does :-) 1 gigabyte PMEM means your account can consume 1 gigabyte - if it's dedicated? Probably not, but you can most likely use it all majority of the time, since a provider would next to never end up with all memory from all customers being consumed at same time :-)

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • ChuckChuck Member

I just double check their (TOS) and (AUP). They don't say "memory usage cannot exceed X% of the server’s total memory in a given space of time."