Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low Latency VPS for the Middle East that can also be a Seedbox
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low Latency VPS for the Middle East that can also be a Seedbox

AG7AG7 Member

I’m currenly running a seedbox on UltraSeedbox and it has been doing the job so far but I’d like to have a VPS for other things too such as hosting a basic website, running cron jobs, etc.

I’m located in the middle easy and have noticed that servers hosted in Eastern Europe and Singapore usually have the lowest latency which would be great. Also, I’d love to be able to run the VPS as a seedbox to both seed torrents and run Plex on it.

So, my wish list is as follows:

• Low Latency in the Middle East
  • Ability to run VPS as Seedbox
  • 1TB minimum storage
  • Around $16/monthly

Comments

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

You should look at Amsterdam... when I was in Dubai for holiday I used a VPN from Amsterdam with decent latency.

• zevuszevus Member
    edited May 2018

What bandwidth requirements does 'seedbox' require? Are you looking for 1Gbps port or is 100Mbps fine? Presumably you'd want at least 10TB/mo transfer?

I have seen affordable offerings in Israel, but likely not if this 1Gbit port or 5TB+ transfer/mo is needed.

• WilliamWilliam Member

Middle east is not enough data, where exactly?

OVH peers with anyone anywhere and usually is good to ME overall, some things like Qatar can be done from SG/India but your BW (like TB+ at least) and Storage needs are unrealistic for Asia entirely at 19$.