Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BF4 Anyone??
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BF4 Anyone??

jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

So has anyone downloaded and tried the open beta yet? I haven't had a chance yet, but I really enjoyed BF3 and I'm hoping that once some of the bugs are worked out BF4 will be even better.

For those who have played it what do you think?

Comments

• Working well so far, never really played bf3 or the earlier games but runs well and looks nice.

• I have not played much but what I have played, the experience has been a bit "buggy": screen going black, punkbuster crashing, taking way too long on "Loading...", etc. However, once in game, it has pretty been good. I really enjoyed BF3 so I'm hoping BF4 is not a big let down.

• NickNick Member, Patron Provider

Don't think the ultrabook would play nice with BF4 :P

• I'm playing it on the Xbox 360, but i liked the BF3 BETA more though

• Yeah, tried it.

Runs like crap for me, unless I run Windows 8.

• I'm a big-time BF-fan here (even play it with a clan). Due to my honeymoon, haven't been able to try BF4. Will do so today! I'm really looking forward to it. I've got everything pre-ordered already so I'm good to go for the next year or two :-D

• Bf4 is nice, but you cant pla the beta on win7. It is veeeerry laggy, even on low. With win8 I can play high/ultra. Hope they will fix that till release. Btw i have a gtx 570^^

• Loving bf4. Now only if my ps4 arrives in time.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran
    edited October 2013

@Zen said:
    Playing it now :)
    Upgrade your PC. My Beta BF4 is running better than BF3 current version. I'm steady at 60+ FPS and 40 under heavy utilization (buildings collapsing + explosives + multiple infantry)

though i understand that these games are supposed to be laggy at this stage

What are your PC specs?

My computer here at the office is an AMD FX-6300 6 core and GTX650. A little overkill for AOE when we play at the office but maybe just good enough for BF4?

@jbiloh said:
    My computer here at the office is an AMD FX-6300 6 core and GTX650. A little overkill for AOE when we play at the office but maybe just good enough for BF4?

Quite the work computer! :P

• I seem to be lagging a lot in BF4 despite being able to run BF3 smoothly at relatively high settings (FX6300, HD7770)

• @Bogdacutuu said:
    I seem to be lagging a lot in BF4 despite being able to run BF3 smoothly at relatively high settings (FX6300, HD7770)

Same here on my laptop, i can run BF3 @ Medium-High (custom graphic settings)
    But when i play BF4 @ even the lowest graphics possible i will still lag like shit

But i still have an Xbox 360, so i'm playing BF4 on that xD

@zen I think your CPU is probably good for a long while. Those i7-2600K's are killer.

• I get anywhere between 90-128 fps at Ultra settings. Been a Battlefield player since Battlefield 2, and am loving it!

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited October 2013

@jbiloh said:

You should be good. I have an AMD FX-8320 8-core and a GTX650 Ti Boost and it runs extremely smoothly here (except for some BETA-related lag which will either be sorted in the game or new drivers from nvidia).

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Mine crashes :(

3rd gen i7, 16gb ram, gtx 660

Seems like a lot of people are playing the game. We've actually noticed and increase in our traffic patterns since the open beta began. We host a number of the large providers of BF4 servers.

• Yeah for some reason even with a 3570k and a GTX680 i get some insane stuttering lag. W7 to blame?

I'm installing it now. Hope its good!!

Fresh install of the game and I have Punk Buster problems. Seems it's probably not running, so I'm heading to bed. I'll have to try and fix it tomorrow, grr.

• @jbiloh said:
    Fresh install of the game and I have Punk Buster problems. Seems it's probably not running, so I'm heading to bed. I'll have to try and fix it tomorrow, grr.

Did you update PB manually? I had to do that to get past the loading screen...

@Sweet said:
    Yeah for some reason even with a 3570k and a GTX680 i get some insane stuttering lag. W7 to blame?

Try the beta drivers from nVidia. I would personally recommend Win8, but it should work on Win7 as well.

I really love BF4 already. Levolution is awesome! I don't know how long the beta will last? I'll probably be back to BF3 for the next three weeks.

• @mpkossen

I have been on beta drivers. I am going to say its probably an issue with the new DirectX updates and windows 7. Specifically because W8 users have almost no issues.

• @jbiloh said:
    We host a number of the large providers of BF4 servers.

Don't suppose you have a contact at EA? Would love to get our hands on a license for EA servers, lol.

@Jono20201 said:
    Don't suppose you have a contact at EA? Would love to get our hands on a license for EA servers, lol.

Talk to Dice, not EA. The people in Sweden are the ones who control the ranked license pool.

@Jono20201 said:

Good luck, they hit their cut off and won't take anyone else from the looks/sounds of it they are playing hardball.

• DorkfilesDorkfiles Member
    edited October 2013

Ref; http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/faq/beta#pc

HOW TO ACCESS THE BETA (PC)
    https://www.origin.com/store/shop/demos-trials

The Open Battlefield 4™ Beta for PC is available through Origin for everyone to download. Download the Open Beta on Origin.

HOW TO ACCESS THE BETA (PS3)

The Open Battlefield 4™ Beta for PlayStation 3 can now be accessed through the Playstation Store. Navigate to the PlayStation Store, select "Search" and enter "Battlefield 4". Select the Beta (may be listed as "Demo") and follow the download instructions.

You can also download the Open Beta through PlayStation Store website.

HOW TO ACCESS THE BETA (XBOX 360)

The Open Battlefield 4™ Beta is now available in the Xbox 360 Demos Section for Xbox Live Gold subscribers and is highlighted on the Xbox 360 Home and Games Home menu. After October 11, the highlight will disappear but the Open Beta can still be found in the Demos section.

Decent game on pc