Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soyoustart EU Billing takes days to mark the payments
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Soyoustart EU Billing takes days to mark the payments

YakoozaYakooza Member
edited May 2018 in Providers

SoYouStart EU seems only be working during business hours France time however the support is very poor and slow as you know but we have issue with the payments right now (The servers and the network is good, I have to mention that). Every time we make a payment it takes hours or days for them to manually confirm the payment and during these time the servers getting suspended!!

For example we got a notification that some of our servers getting expired on Friday. Right away i made a payment but unfortunately it was Friday afternoon France time. So I knew probably they would not confirm the payment till Monday so I did open 3 tickets in 3 different departments and asked them to either confirm the payment or either not suspending the servers till Monday but no response. So first few servers suspended on Friday late night, Then few others suspended yesterday and few more suspended today. I am very pissed off because of this and they don't even care.. I have opened tickets multiple times in the past and asked them to make my account confirmed so my payments goes through automatically like the other account we are having with SoYouStart CA website but they said we do not have that option in our EU website!! That is weird!!
Just to give you some idea in SoYouStart CA all payments getting confirmed right away and we don't have any such issues renewing our servers.

So I have few questions if anyone can help me

1. Just to confirm as I want to be sure they were honest with me. If anyone of you having servers with https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/ EU location. Do they have to confirm your payments each time manually?! Or does it gets confirmed Automatically?

2. Is there anything you can think of which can help me to unsuspend the servers before Monday? I hope Monday is not a public holiday in France as last week Monday was public holiday it seems and servers got unsuspended on the Tuesday.

Sorry for the long story and thank you

Comments

• citrixcitrix Member

Can’t say I’ve ever had a problem, I think historically I’ve always left a couple days as I’m worried about things like this.

What method you using, PayPal , bank xfer?

• YakoozaYakooza Member

@citrix said:
    Can’t say I’ve ever had a problem, I think historically I’ve always left a couple days as I’m worried about things like this.

What method you using, PayPal , bank xfer?

I do not think it does matters what payment method I am paying with. I usually pay with PayPal.
    I am a customer of them for more than 2 years.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

You get what you pay for...
    They never said this is production targeted and price rightly says so as well.

• dynamodynamo Member

@Clouvider said: You get what you pay for...

And you got what you wanted? Like another opportunity to bash.

Clouvider said: They never said this is production targeted and price rightly says so as well.

OP clearly said he is happy with the server, network etc and his issues seems to be stemming out of the fact that a last day payment didn't get updated on his account (they might be verifying every payment manually) and unavailability of billing staff on weekends which is typical with not just the budget providers but the "premium" ones too.

@Yakooza you seem to be in a fix. I hope someone takes care of your tickets and brings your servers back online. Though the numbers displayed on:

https://www.soyoustart.com/en/support/

are not meant for billing but may be you still try to call them and ask for a solution.

Thanked by 2Hannan Zare
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@TheXO said:
    i just don't get why the OP didn't pay earlier (knowing they state it might need manual verification in some cases)

+1. Never have experienced this with my SYS boxes, though I always pay the renewal at least a week in advance to avoid any billing issues should they arise

edited May 2018

Clearly a service with automated suspension right after payment date and inability to get it restored even upon an advance payment until the next working day cannot be ever classified even close to being production ready, but perhaps I Expect much higher standard for my Customers ;-).

How you can deliver 99.9% uptime if your provider can keep you offline for in excess of 48 hours worst case ? It’s a joke frankly.

What are you even talking about ? Did you read the OP? OP paid and they stil suspended as the payment is in manual verification.

I’m not comparing them with us, we target different markets, burnt you insist, no, if the Customer contacted us that they need to push payment to Monday we wouldn’t have suspended. If we had suspended and the active Customer had paid we would have re-instated immediately even if this was 4am Saturday.

Get down of your high horse mate.

• @Clouvider said:
    Clearly a service with automated suspension right after payment date and inability to get it blind even upon a payment until the next working day cannot be ever classified even close to being production ready, but perhaps I Expect much higher standard for my Customers ;-).

And yet you are the provider who's help desk told me 2 years ago that my VPS was being suspended because of abuse - yet that VPS was proven not to be mine after I pressed the issue. I expect a much higher standard from my providers...and which is why I dropped your service.

Your constant berating and pitchforks at other providers (and not just OVH /SYS ) is way past old and you sound like the proverbial broken record. For a provider that purports to be a "leading UK Cloud Hosting solution provider" - it sure isn't in the PR department. For someone who clams this - but has plenty of time to bash competitors in a low end market just proves that perhaps maybe you are not a real leading provider after all and have too much free time on your hands.

Thanked by 3michaels ikkizenho Zare
  • @Clouvider said:
    Clearly a service with automated suspension right after payment date and inability to get it restored even upon an advance payment until the next working day cannot be ever classified even close to being production ready, but perhaps I Expect much higher standard for my Customers ;-).

How you can deliver 99.9% uptime if your provider can keep you offline for in excess of 48 hours worst case ? It’s a joke frankly.

It's harder to operate with their size, all departments has their own jobs and SOP

edited May 2018

@TheXO said:
    i'm pretty sure they are production targeted more than anything you ever provide,

Lol, made my day. The biggest paying Customers we have are with us due to complete and utter lack of competence at OVH main brand, so good luck with that.

Thanked by 1mattwservices
    edited May 2018

No point in wasting time here. They could go and wipe everyone drives and you’d blindly follow them if the price tag was right ;-).

edited May 2018

@Weblogics said:
    And yet you are the provider who's help desk told me 2 years ago that my VPS was being suspended because of abuse - yet that VPS was proven not to be mine after I pressed the issue. I expect a much higher standard from my providers...and which is why I dropped your service.

We don’t do any automated suspensions for abuse and the description of the issue given is very vague. I don’t see how your VPS could allegedly be suspended while proven not to be yours and yet you had been affected by the suspension somehow (?). Furthermore no Customer with any name similar to yours has ever been on the books.

• @Clouvider said:

We don’t do any automated suspensions for abuse and the description of the issue given is very vague. I don’t see how your VPS could allegedly be suspended while proven not to be yours and yet you had been affected by the suspension somehow (?). Furthermore no Customer with any name similar to yours has ever been on the books.

You can spin doctor it any way you want - which is exactly what your company did at the time. I had my VPS suspended by your company and so I ultimately suspended / terminated my business with your company.

Your holier then thou attitude is also way past old...

edited May 2018

@TheXO said:
    It's okay boys, moral of the story is clouvider is better than ovh, and everyone, he doesn't suspend, he has more (insert here good stuff).
    So move out to him before ovh wipes your drivers and you get to run naked down the street.

exactly proves my point ;-)

Here is the 10% of posts you’ve ever made on LET all being in this one thread.

Have fun with your boys :-)

@Weblogics said:

@Clouvider said:

You can spin doctor it any way you want - which is exactly what your company did at the time. I had my VPS suspended by your company and so I ultimately suspended / terminated my business with your company.

Your holier then thou attitude is also way past old...

Ok I guess Mr Anonymous.
    So it didn’t happen.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2018

Just to confirm as I want to be sure they were honest with me. If anyone of you having servers with https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/ EU location. Do they have to confirm your payments each time manually?! Or does it gets confirmed Automatically?

The first few dozen payments are sometimes checked manually, then it does it automatically. You need to pay many times and even pay in advance to avoid such problems.

This is a massive data center, they have a lot of fees and for this reason, such hard checks on payments.

If these servers are for personal projects, pay immediately much ahead of time and then there will be no problems:

Is there anything you can think of which can help me to unsuspend the servers before Monday? I hope Monday is not a public holiday in France as last week Monday was public holiday it seems and servers got unsuspended on the Tuesday.

With SUSPENSION, the server is disconnected only from the network, the server itself is running. Reactivation of the server works automatically after changing the order status from "checking" to "delivering".

The order status can be viewed through the API:
    https://eu.api.soyoustart.com/console/#/me/order/{orderId}/status#GET

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Few kittens died here in this thread.

RIP.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2018

Well, I had a few points on Kimsufi, where the renew was completely broken for a time or where they had a huge delay in payments.

They just cut off network, first, if you do not pay until they day ends.

No guarantee how many days they keep it that, usually 1-7days.

I had times, where the box was already gone next day, or where the box stayed available for like 7 days.
    I think it depends on the demand, if the box is in stock, you be fine for a few days.

Always pay at least 1 week ahead.

Call them up, to resolve the case.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • abbyp88abbyp88 Member

I'm late to the party and have nothing really productive to add.. except I just renewed a Kimsufi FR account that had been switched off two days (one of the 4C specials idling) and it reinstated it right away. I also had a soyoustart fr account when the 4x2tb ones were only available on the EU side. It always went through right away. Then again, I've had a server with them for a while and pay with a verified US paypal. idk

No problem with my regular CA accounts.

I agree with the others though. If it really is a production server, don't wait until the last day to pay it. Nothing you can do to get them reinstated. Just have to wait it out now.

• Why not pay early? With SYS / KS. I normally renew when I get the 60 day reminder. At the 30 day reminder I pay the remaining few.

• ndmndm Member

I just renewed a server on SYS, took about 2 minutes (expiry date updated in manager)