Looking for Cheap E5-2670v2 server.
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Looking for Cheap E5-2670v2 server.

Hi im looking for a cheap e5-2670v2 server with this kind of specs.

e5-2670v2
64gb RAM
480gb SSD
13 IP's

at $100/month each. I will buy 2 now if someone can do this and will buy more in the future.Hoping that someone can help me to buy this kind of server.Thanks!

«1

Comments

  • hzrhzr Member

    Is this joke ?

    Thanked by 2Aidan Riz
  • e52670v2e52670v2 Member

    No dedispec is selling much lower on this.They are out of stock right now thats why im asking.

  • NodePingNodePing Member

    You can get proc v1 and everything else but the 13 ips for $94 at dedispec - https://www.dedispec.com/prebuiltservers.php#xeon

    That's the closest I've seen.

    Uptime monitoring for the masses. NodePing

  • e52670v2e52670v2 Member

    @NodePing said:
    You can get proc v1 and everything else but the 13 ips for $94 at dedispec - https://www.dedispec.com/prebuiltservers.php#xeon

    That's the closest I've seen.

    It's only v1 i need v2 and its out of stock right now btw thanks bro

  • GTHostGTHost Member, Provider
    edited May 11

    Your budget is too low. Should be around $150/mo.

    GTHost.com - Instant Dedicated Servers 24/7 - Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Toronto, Frankfurt.
    Xeon E3 v3 from $49/mo. Ready in 10 mins. No setup fees. No Long Contracts. Looking Glass

  • DedispecDedispec Member, Provider

    2670v2 won't be in stock for another week or two, working on finishing two larger bulk orders before inventory is back.

    Dedispec, LLC - Affordable Dedicated Servers, Colocation and Web Hosting in West Virginia, Missouri and Nevada

    Skype: Dedispec || [email protected]

  • e52670v2e52670v2 Member

    Up!

  • JackHadrillJackHadrill Moderator

    No, down!

    Someone talk some sense into him. The only time you’d find a deal like this would be BF/CM - and that’s probably without the IPs.
    Increase your budget by $50-$100 and you might find something.

    Thanked by 1idras

    NVMe KVM VPS in Amsterdam, Stockholm, Oslo, Vienna and LA ($2.50/1GB RAM/10GB NVMe/month) (AFF LINK)

  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

    How about an E5-2660v2?

  • e52670v2e52670v2 Member

    @jackhadrill said:
    No, down!

    Someone talk some sense into him. The only time you’d find a deal like this would be BF/CM - and that’s probably without the IPs.
    Increase your budget by $50-$100 and you might find something.

    Hi,

    Can't you read my budget??My budget is $100 please read it carefully next time before you comment!

  • e52670v2e52670v2 Member

    @randvegeta said:
    How about an E5-2660v2?

    Sorry e52670v2 is my only option right now btw thanks for the offer.

  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

    @e52670v2 said:

    @jackhadrill said:
    No, down!

    Someone talk some sense into him. The only time you’d find a deal like this would be BF/CM - and that’s probably without the IPs.
    Increase your budget by $50-$100 and you might find something.

    Hi,

    Can't you read my budget??My budget is $100 please read it carefully next time before you comment!

    You should read carefully before you respond. He said increase BY not increase TO.

    Thanked by 1FlamesRunner

    Clouvider Leading UK Cloud Hosting solution provider || UK Dedicated Servers Sale || Tasty KVM Slices || Latest LET Offer

    Web hosting in Cloud | SSD & SAS True Cloud VPS on OnApp | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

  • e52670v2e52670v2 Member

    @Clouvider said:

    @e52670v2 said:

    @jackhadrill said:
    No, down!

    Someone talk some sense into him. The only time you’d find a deal like this would be BF/CM - and that’s probably without the IPs.
    Increase your budget by $50-$100 and you might find something.

    Hi,

    Can't you read my budget??My budget is $100 please read it carefully next time before you comment!

    You should read carefully before you respond. He said increase BY not increase TO.

    Ow okay my bad, but hopefully he read also the title that stated clearly "Looking for CHEAP e5-2670v2 server"

  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

    Then keep looking, we all wish you luck.

    Clouvider Leading UK Cloud Hosting solution provider || UK Dedicated Servers Sale || Tasty KVM Slices || Latest LET Offer

    Web hosting in Cloud | SSD & SAS True Cloud VPS on OnApp | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

  • deankdeank Member

    Me excluded. I won't wish him good luck.

    Thanked by 2idras hanoi

    The first thing a new host lies about: "We" when it's "Me".

  • e52670v2e52670v2 Member

    @deank said:
    Me excluded. I won't wish him good luck.

    Ok.

  • JackHadrillJackHadrill Moderator

    e52670v2 said: "Looking for CHEAP e5-2670v2 server"

    There's cheap, and then there's your unrealistic expectation. I could try and find a CHEAP flight from the UK to Australia for $100. Oh, wait. No one sells flights at that price...

    Thanked by 1idras

    NVMe KVM VPS in Amsterdam, Stockholm, Oslo, Vienna and LA ($2.50/1GB RAM/10GB NVMe/month) (AFF LINK)

  • e52670v2e52670v2 Member

    @jackhadrill said:

    e52670v2 said: "Looking for CHEAP e5-2670v2 server"


    There's cheap, and then there's your unrealistic expectation. I could try and find a CHEAP flight from the UK to Australia for $100. Oh, wait. No one sells flights at that price...

    So why Dedispec,nocix and WSI selling this kind of server cheaper than $100??hmmmmm i think you miss something.

  • JackHadrillJackHadrill Moderator

    @e52670v2 said:

    @jackhadrill said:

    e52670v2 said: "Looking for CHEAP e5-2670v2 server"


    There's cheap, and then there's your unrealistic expectation. I could try and find a CHEAP flight from the UK to Australia for $100. Oh, wait. No one sells flights at that price...

    So why Dedispec,nocix and WSI selling this kind of server cheaper than $100??hmmmmm i think you miss something.

    Because they're either unsustainable or crap.hmmmmm i think you miss braincells.

    Thanked by 2joeri FoxelVox

    NVMe KVM VPS in Amsterdam, Stockholm, Oslo, Vienna and LA ($2.50/1GB RAM/10GB NVMe/month) (AFF LINK)

  • DedispecDedispec Member, Provider
    edited May 14

    @jackhadrill said:

    @e52670v2 said:

    @jackhadrill said:

    e52670v2 said: "Looking for CHEAP e5-2670v2 server"


    There's cheap, and then there's your unrealistic expectation. I could try and find a CHEAP flight from the UK to Australia for $100. Oh, wait. No one sells flights at that price...

    So why Dedispec,nocix and WSI selling this kind of server cheaper than $100??hmmmmm i think you miss something.


    Because they're either unsustainable or crap.hmmmmm i think you miss braincells.

    ¯_(ツ)_/¯

    OP - If you can be patient, I recommend waiting until late May...

    Dedispec, LLC - Affordable Dedicated Servers, Colocation and Web Hosting in West Virginia, Missouri and Nevada

    Skype: Dedispec || [email protected]

  • e52670v2e52670v2 Member

    @jackhadrill said:

    @e52670v2 said:

    @jackhadrill said:

    e52670v2 said: "Looking for CHEAP e5-2670v2 server"


    There's cheap, and then there's your unrealistic expectation. I could try and find a CHEAP flight from the UK to Australia for $100. Oh, wait. No one sells flights at that price...

    So why Dedispec,nocix and WSI selling this kind of server cheaper than $100??hmmmmm i think you miss something.


    Because they're either unsustainable or crap.hmmmmm i think you miss braincells.

    Why there is people don't accept that there is much better services and much CHEAPER than they offer.hmmmmm I think they are stupid. :D

  • williewillie Member

    Can I ask what the application is, that specifically needs a E5-2670v2?

    Yeah the cpu itself is not that expensive these days (v2 is pretty old). They are easy to find under $200 each on ebay. Or if you just want comparable raw compute power, there are other alternatives around in the sub-$100 range. The 13 ip addresses may be a more significant factor than the cpu.

  • vishvish Member

    @Dedispec said:

    ¯_(ツ)_/¯

    OP - If you can be patient, I recommend waiting until late May...

    Not sure about the sustainable part, but I’ve had servers with both nocix and Dedispec. Both were trouble free and reliable for the duration I was using them.

  • deankdeank Member

    E5-2670v2 is required for the_end_is_nigh.sh.

    The first thing a new host lies about: "We" when it's "Me".

  • Thomas50Thomas50 Member

    @e52670v2 said:
    Hi im looking for a cheap e5-2670v2 server with this kind of specs.

    e5-2670v2
    64gb RAM
    480gb SSD
    13 IP's

    at $100/month each. I will buy 2 now if someone can do this and will buy more in the future.Hoping that someone can help me to buy this kind of server.Thanks!

    >
    >
    100$ is ok.But if you need more 13 ips,it is uncreditable.

    Dedicated server |Cloud server| VPS |Dedicated server with /19,/20,/21,/22,/24,/26 ASN: CPU:i3 Ram:8g server with /24 ips starting at 119$

    Data Center:US,Europe,Asia

  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

    @e52670v2 said:

    @jackhadrill said:

    e52670v2 said: "Looking for CHEAP e5-2670v2 server"


    There's cheap, and then there's your unrealistic expectation. I could try and find a CHEAP flight from the UK to Australia for $100. Oh, wait. No one sells flights at that price...

    So why Dedispec,nocix and WSI selling this kind of server cheaper than $100??hmmmmm i think you miss something.

    Go and buy it from them already if they do ?

    Clouvider Leading UK Cloud Hosting solution provider || UK Dedicated Servers Sale || Tasty KVM Slices || Latest LET Offer

    Web hosting in Cloud | SSD & SAS True Cloud VPS on OnApp | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

  • @randvegeta said:
    How about an E5-2660v2?

    If you have something interesting with 2660v2 please drop me PM, thanks.

  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

    @Clouvider said:

    @e52670v2 said:

    @jackhadrill said:

    e52670v2 said: "Looking for CHEAP e5-2670v2 server"


    There's cheap, and then there's your unrealistic expectation. I could try and find a CHEAP flight from the UK to Australia for $100. Oh, wait. No one sells flights at that price...

    So why Dedispec,nocix and WSI selling this kind of server cheaper than $100??hmmmmm i think you miss something.

    Go and buy it from them already if they do ?

    Because he can't :D.

    Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • williewillie Member
    edited May 15

    randvegeta said:

    Because he can't :D.

    Come on you guys. Assuming the request is for a single cpu (yes that is a thing) it's not an unrealistic request, using WSI's regular product list and other past offers as a reference. For dual cpu it's more of a stretch but more like "optimistic" than "outlandish" (WSI lists a 2x E5-2670v2 system with higher specs but fewer IP's at $119). Yes some providers around here offer a premium product and charge more for it, while others are bargain basement and minimal. We get that, we get that, and both are valuable. Freedom of choice you know.

    The low budget DIY crowd is if anything the singular focus of LET, so as long as unrealistic expectations aren't being created and people know what they're getting, pursuing this type of product is completely fine.

    @Dedispec do you plan to have something in late May that fulfills the request (e5-2670v2 64gb RAM 480gb SSD 13 IP's) at the stated budget ($100)? Would it be single or dual cpu?

    Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • DedispecDedispec Member, Provider

    @willie Yes...and it will be dual CPU.

    Dedispec, LLC - Affordable Dedicated Servers, Colocation and Web Hosting in West Virginia, Missouri and Nevada

    Skype: Dedispec || [email protected]

  • How about this guy? I have no affiliation with them... just seemed like a good sale price at $49 a month for dual xeon: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/144374/us-az-dedicated-server-dual-intel-xeon-l5630-8-cores-32-gb-ram-20-tb-bandwidth-48-99-month#latest

  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider
    edited May 15

    @HowLowCanYouGo said:
    How about this guy? I have no affiliation with them... just seemed like a good sale price at $49 a month for dual xeon: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/144374/us-az-dedicated-server-dual-intel-xeon-l5630-8-cores-32-gb-ram-20-tb-bandwidth-48-99-month#latest

    Obsolete CPU.

    Clouvider Leading UK Cloud Hosting solution provider || UK Dedicated Servers Sale || Tasty KVM Slices || Latest LET Offer

    Web hosting in Cloud | SSD & SAS True Cloud VPS on OnApp | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

    @willie said:

    randvegeta said:

    Because he can't :D.

    Come on you guys. Assuming the request is for a single cpu (yes that is a thing) it's not an unrealistic request, using WSI's regular product list and other past offers as a reference. For dual cpu it's more of a stretch but more like "optimistic" than "outlandish" (WSI lists a 2x E5-2670v2 system with higher specs but fewer IP's at $119). Yes some providers around here offer a premium product and charge more for it, while others are bargain basement and minimal. We get that, we get that, and both are valuable. Freedom of choice you know.

    The low budget DIY crowd is if anything the singular focus of LET, so as long as unrealistic expectations aren't being created and people know what they're getting, pursuing this type of product is completely fine.

    @Dedispec do you plan to have something in late May that fulfills the request (e5-2670v2 64gb RAM 480gb SSD 13 IP's) at the stated budget ($100)? Would it be single or dual cpu?

    I think we are all getting tired of people coming and saying that someone else is cheaper, and yet they are still looking because they are actually unable to get any at that price. They say it's being done, and yet.... It's not available. And then he calls everyone stupid simply because other providers arnt offering unsustainably cheap prices to him.

  • williewillie Member

    randvegeta said: They say it's being done, and yet.... It's not available.

    It's out of stock. That happens.

  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

    @willie said:

    randvegeta said: They say it's being done, and yet.... It's not available.

    It's out of stock. That happens.
    @willie said:

    randvegeta said: They say it's being done, and yet.... It's not available.

    It's out of stock. That happens

    Its like asking people for free VPS, and saying providera who don't offer a free VPS are stupid simply because there are some providers who do offer free VPS.

    If it's out of stock, it's not available. So it can't be done in my book.

  • williewillie Member
    edited May 16

    randvegeta said:

    If it's out of stock, it's not available. So it can't be done in my book.

    Oh give a break, stuff is out of stock all the time. BuyVM slice anyone? Very popular product around here. Usually out of stock. But if you really want one, all it takes is a bit of patience, then buy at the right time. Or if you don't want to wait, you can get something similar by paying a premium. You get to choose. This is similar.

    Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • DedispecDedispec Member, Provider

    Well, this thread sure turned fun. I'll drop back in when the E5-2670v2/E5-2680v2 special begins and let the debate continue here in the meantime. And don't worry @randvegeta, they'll be "unsustainably cheap"

    Dedispec, LLC - Affordable Dedicated Servers, Colocation and Web Hosting in West Virginia, Missouri and Nevada

    Skype: Dedispec || [email protected]

  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

    @Dedispec said:
    Well, this thread sure turned fun. I'll drop back in when the E5-2670v2/E5-2680v2 special begins and let the debate continue here in the meantime. And don't worry @randvegeta, they'll be "unsustainably cheap"

    This was not a specific comment about you, but in general. What's technically possible and practically profitable are separate things.

  • DedispecDedispec Member, Provider

    @randvegeta I'm aware, was just having some fun, too serious in here. But just for clarification, these are very far from a loss leader so they are very sustainable on our end, so not concerned there. Whatever we have in stock tends to sell out rather quickly when we've put them on promo (and lately we've had a massive spike in miners taking them all without promotions).

    But anyways, enough of this. The OP wants a $100 E5-2670v2 with 13 IPs and the OP will get one later this month :) I'll check back in later on.

    Dedispec, LLC - Affordable Dedicated Servers, Colocation and Web Hosting in West Virginia, Missouri and Nevada

    Skype: Dedispec || [email protected]

  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

    A dual E5-2670v2 with 64GB RAM and 480GB SSD probably cost around $1,000 or so.

    Server uses about 200 watts, which is roughly $15 - $30 depending on electricity prices. And upto double that if you require a lot of cooling. So I'll say for most people will still cost around $30 /month for power.

    13 IPs.. well.. maybe it has little or no monthly cost because you have plenty of your own, but normal price is around $1 /IP. Let's assume $0.50 for arguments sake.

    Then let's say you can get bandwidth at around $0.20/Mbit (which is seriously cheap)

    Power (including cooling) = $30 /month
    IPs = $6.50 /month
    33TB Bandwidth = $20 /month
    Rack Space? = $10 /month ?

    I think all those figures given above are on the cheaper end of the price scale. That comes to around $66.50 /month in operating costs.

    So I suppose you could theoretically make around $33 /month in profit, which puts the ROI on the server at 3 years.

    Now maybe your profit margins are higher because your bandwidth may be oversold 10x. But even if the customer uses NO bandwidth, that's still only $53 /month in 'profit', which puts the ROI at around 19 months.

    This is all ignoring other overhead costs, such as equipment depreciation (switches and such), staff salaries etc. And assuming you have pretty cheap hardware, power, bandwidth, IPs and rack space.

    Is it possible to be profitable and sustainable? Yes.. technically.. but it's not a great business given the long ROI and the limited life of the equipment.

    In Lithuania, we have a LARGE space, and below average electricity costs. If we had a large enough commit, we could probably get bandwidth as cheap as $0.20 /Mbit. But even if we assume space is free, don't use a UPS, have unlimited IPs, oversell the bandwidth 100x over, have no staff salary, had no cooling, the absolute maximum you would get would be what? $70-$80 /server 'profit'? That still puts the ROI at 13-14 months?

    Possible yeah, but not very attractive. They may not technically be loss leaders, but I don't imagine you actually make any meaningful profit out of it. Maybe I'm wrong?

  • HarambeHarambe Member

    @randvegeta This is a pointless argument. A provider who has been around for awhile said they can give the OP what they want within the price range, and now you're trying to explain to them how they can't sell something so cheap...

    No one cares if you can't make the numbers work, someone else supposedly can so leave it alone. And it's not like this sort of pricing is unheard of in KC, see: Dual E5s for $49-69 at nocix.

    Professional Shoeminer

  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member

    @randvegeta said:

    >
    >

    Maybe I'm wrong?

    The last sentence summarizes your post.

  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

    @Harambe said:
    @randvegeta This is a pointless argument. A provider who has been around for awhile said they can give the OP what they want within the price range, and now you're trying to explain to them how they can't sell something so cheap...

    No one cares if you can't make the numbers work, someone else supposedly can so leave it alone. And it's not like this sort of pricing is unheard of in KC, see: Dual E5s for $49-69 at nocix.

    Huh? I didn't say it doesn't work. I said it's hardly worth while. I already said it's possible, and technically profitable. But no matter what, it's hardly worth doing, at least if the motivation is profit.

    My goodness. Some people get so uppity. I'm explaining why most providers aren't interested in this sort of thing, not why it can't be done.

  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

    dev_vps said: The last sentence summarizes your post.

    Which part is wrong?

  • williewillie Member
    edited May 16

    randvegeta said:

    I think all those figures given above are on the cheaper end of the price scale. That comes to around $66.50 /month in operating costs.

    You can substitute E5520 for E5-2670 in that paragraph and most of the numbers don't change that much, but dual E5520 is easy to find for $40 or less, sometimes a lot less, and they've been around long enough that any unsustainable supply of those would have collapsed by now. So yeah maybe not everyone can make the numbers work, but some can.

    As for the E5's, I think they arrived a couple years ago when Facebook unloaded humongous amounts of them, like 100,000s of them maybe, so it's mostly a matter of power and IP's to connect up to the dirt cheap hardware.

  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

    willie said: You can substitute E5520 for E5-2670 in that paragraph and most of the numbers don't change that much, but dual E5520 is easy to find for $40 or less

    Actually you can change the hardware for whatever you want, and pretty much the only thing that will change is power cost. Rack space, bandwidth and IPs will remain the same, and they make up the bulk of the operating costs. $20 /bandwidth + $6.50 IPs.

    Well like I said, if you oversell bandwidth and have a massive supply of IPs (or use NAT or IPv6) then it's sustainable indefinitly. But the big difference between the E5520 and E5-2670v2 is that the E5-2670v2 is actually still pretty decent and worth something, whereas the E5520 is practically worthless, and so can largely be treated as having no value.

    If you can generate any revenue from equipment with near enough no value (and you can pick up E5520 boxes for free in some places), then any profit is a win! But no one is buying E5520 machines any more (are they) and E5-2670v2s are not too difficult to sell on ebay for $200 a piece, or $1,000 for the whole server.

    I have quite a few E5-26xxv2 machines, and given the choice between leasing for $100 /month or selling for $1k, I would personally prefer to take the $1k rather than wait 3 years.

    No matter what, the best gross profit you can ever expect is $70-$80 /month if you were to sell at $100 /month. So it means the best case scenario ROI is 13-14 months. This is fine if you already have the hardware, but I'm not sure why anyone would want to buy older E5s for an at best 13 month ROI. If you already have them, that's one thing. If you have to buy them... why? Maybe the hardware is much cheaper where @dedispec is? If it is, then I'd like to know.

  • e52670v2e52670v2 Member

    @randvegeta said:

    @willie said:

    randvegeta said:

    Because he can't :D.

    Come on you guys. Assuming the request is for a single cpu (yes that is a thing) it's not an unrealistic request, using WSI's regular product list and other past offers as a reference. For dual cpu it's more of a stretch but more like "optimistic" than "outlandish" (WSI lists a 2x E5-2670v2 system with higher specs but fewer IP's at $119). Yes some providers around here offer a premium product and charge more for it, while others are bargain basement and minimal. We get that, we get that, and both are valuable. Freedom of choice you know.

    The low budget DIY crowd is if anything the singular focus of LET, so as long as unrealistic expectations aren't being created and people know what they're getting, pursuing this type of product is completely fine.

    @Dedispec do you plan to have something in late May that fulfills the request (e5-2670v2 64gb RAM 480gb SSD 13 IP's) at the stated budget ($100)? Would it be single or dual cpu?

    I think we are all getting tired of people coming and saying that someone else is cheaper, and yet they are still looking because they are actually unable to get any at that price. They say it's being done, and yet.... It's not available. And then he calls everyone stupid simply because other providers arnt offering unsustainably cheap prices to him.

    May i know who calls everyone stupid??As far as i know someone said about "missing brain cell" first hmmmmm.

  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

    e52670v2 said: May i know who calls everyone stupid??As far as i know someone said about "missing brain cell" first hmmmmm.

    e52670v2 said: Why there is people don't accept that there is much better services and much CHEAPER than they offer.hmmmmm I think they are stupid. :D

    Here you go.

  • e52670v2e52670v2 Member

    I can't see the word "everyone" on there. hmmmmm. :D

  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

    e52670v2 said: I can't see the word "everyone" on there. hmmmmm. :D

    Seriously? I was referring to everyone you were referring too. Not every person in the world.

Sign In or Register to comment.