Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maximum_VPS || KVM Starting at 2.74/m || IPv6 || Los Angeles || 1 Gbps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Maximum_VPS || KVM Starting at 2.74/m || IPv6 || Los Angeles || 1 Gbps

Maximum_VPSMaximum_VPS Member
edited October 2013 in Offers

Maximum Virtual Private Servers LLC is a Washington State registered LLC. We have been in business since February 2013.

Quick AUP: We do not allow camfrog, virtual currency mining, TOR exit nodes. Full AUP here.

KVM128, $2.74/month (order)

• 1 Core
  • 128 MB RAM
  • 10 GB HDD
  • 128 GB Traffic
  • 1 Gbps Port
  • 1 IPv4 address
  • IPv6 on request

KVM256, $4.11/month (order)

• 2 Cores
  • 256 MB RAM
  • 15 GB HDD
  • 256 GB Traffic
  • 1 Gbps Port
  • 1 IPv4 address
  • IPv6 on request

KVM512, $7.00/month (order)

• 4 Cores
  • 512 MB RAM
  • 25 GB HDD
  • 512 GB Traffic
  • 1 Gbps Port
  • 2 IPv4 addresses
  • IPv6 on request

Need more IPv4 addresses, traffic, HDD space or CPU cores? Contact us!

Operating systems

Our KVM128 and KVM256 plans are low-RAM and only support a few operating systems, such as:

• Debian 6 (manually upgradeable to Debian 7)
  • DSL
  • Tiny Core
  • Alpine
  • Austrumi

Others are available as well, but install and test at your own risk.

Test files and IPs: These can be found at our looking glass page, along with other networking testing utilities.

Location: Our colocated owned nodes are located at Quadranet (not via ColoCrossing) at their Los Angeles, California datacenter. Their network provides native IPv6 connectivity (no tunnelling), and great connectivity to Asia and Australia. Providers include nLayer, Tiscali/Inteliquent, PCCW/BTN, Equinix LAIIX Any2Exchange, Host.net, HiNet Taiwan, and ChinaUnicom Direct.

Our current node specifications: Dual L5420, 16GB RAM, 4 x 1TB WD RE drives, Adaptec 4305 RAID with BBU

Questions? E-mail us at support[at]maximumvps.net

Thanked by 1chipyzs

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Great offer. I appreciate seeing someone not trying to scrape the bottom of the barrel. Charge what you think it's worth. Clients appreciate when you value your own product. Best of luck!

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • Thank you for the kind words @jarland :)

Thanked by 1chipyzs
  • @jarland said:
    Great offer. I appreciate seeing someone not trying to scrape the bottom of the barrel. Charge what you think it's worth. Clients appreciate when you value your own product. Best of luck!

^ This - Far too often providers water down their service with low prices, in the end its the customer that hurts. Keeping up with the overall 10GB Ram for 50 cents mentality in this environment is a recipe for failure long down the line, it does not allow for fast paced growth or the ability to pay yourself or staff.

Glad to see your trying to break out of that segment while still providing a decent service in this niche market of low resources.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • What @jarland said. You pay for the service, not the location and cheaper oversold alternatives. You also pay for the support and quality of the product.

Good luck to @Maximum_VPS, I've heard good things about his dedication towards his business and customers.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • Hey MaximumVPS, just a quick suggestion. I love your services, but the only thing I would recommend you do is get live chat on your site.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • @CastleServers thank you for the suggestion, will revisit that option again sometime in the future :)

Thanked by 1chipyzs
  • I removed all the HardCloud stuff as it was obviously a troll (and probably another person than the current HC owner). As an apology to the OP I've unsunk this offer for now (normally offer sink after 24 hours) and will set it to sink again tomorrow.

Also, @jarland: nicely said! I've got a Maximum_VPS as well and have yet to try it, but I've heard nothing but good things about it!

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • Highly recommended!

Thanked by 1chipyzs
  • @serverian said:
    Highly recommended!

What's the old saying? You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours? One need to use service of other to recommned it.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@GuanYu said:
    What's the old saying? You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours? One need to use service of other to recommned it.

@serverian has more integrity than that.

Thanked by 1serverian
  • @trewq said:
    serverian has more integrity than that.

Everyone from IRC have it as long they support each other and stick together. It's good for business.

• serverianserverian Member
    edited October 2013

@GuanYu said:

I know his node setup, I know his knowledge level, I colo at the same network so I can recommend his services. What else I should know to recommend it?

There are 20 other providers in the IRC who I'm friends with. Who else I've recommended other than Iniz and Maximum VPS?

• I knew it! Just like I said. You're not even his client.

What else I should know to recommend it?

First hand experience with service to HIGHLY recommend it? That's what recommendations usually base on.

• @GuanYu said:
    I knew it! Just like I said. You're not even his client.

First hand experience with service to HIGHLY recommend it? That's what recommendations usually base on.

Why would I need first hand experience to recommend something? I can recommend a service based on my observations. You are just being silly.

• Because I pointed out favour among friends? Fine.

• @GuanYu said:
    Because I pointed out favour among friends? Fine.

I recommended him on his other threads as well. Have you ever seen a recommendation from him for my services? Stop trying to create drama. What you are saying is we are out of ethics. That's not acceptable.

• That's not acceptable.

But true.

• @GuanYu said:
    But true.

Fucking asshole.

• @Serverian is completely right to recommend him. MaximumVPS is awesome, and you, @GuanYu, should take your arguments and useless comments elsewhere.

Thanked by 2serverian chipyzs
  • @serverian said:
    Fucking asshole.

Their AUP says adult material is allowed so it would be OK to host that type of thing on your MaximumVPS KVM box. :P

• GuanYuGuanYu Member
    edited October 2013

@CastleServers I never said that MaximumVPS isn't awesome. What I said is that @serverian's who have no experience with his service recommendations base on IRC friendship relations. And he confirmed it. He's not the first nor the last one who do this. It's just unfair how some hosting providers use their influence for recommendations "among friends" without actually experience service they highly recommend.

• I didn't say you didn't think they weren't. I'm saying that if you have an issue with @Serverian, take it elsewhere. Don't derail this thread more than it already is.

@DomainBop said:

That made me laugh so much! xD

• @GuanYu said:
    CastleServers I never said that MaximumVPS isn't awesome. What I said is that serverian's who have no experience with his service recommendations base on IRC friendship relations. And he confirmed it. He's not the first nor the last one who do this. It's just unfair how some hosting providers use their influence for recommendations "among friends" without actually experience service they highly recommend.

What's wrong with friends supporting friends?

Btw, i have 64mb kvm from MaximumVPS and it's awesome because it's the only uleb kvm around here.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • yeah, I have a VPS with him as well, and it's pretty nice. +1

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • @mpkossen thank you, very kind :)

Thanked by 1chipyzs
  • @chauffer thanks :)

Thanked by 1chipyzs
  • @Maximum_VPS your main site appears to be down?

• terafireterafire Member
    edited October 2013

The rack both @maximum_vps, and terafire colo at, was under network maintenance.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • Maximum_VPSMaximum_VPS Member
    edited October 2013

@terafire @CastleServers and a PDU replacement :)

Thanked by 1chipyzs
  • @Maximum_VPS Ah, all cool :)