Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a reliable cloud provider offering a RESTful API with Cloud-init support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a reliable cloud provider offering a RESTful API with Cloud-init support

mendonzamendonza Member
edited May 2018 in Help

Hello everyone,

I'm in the market for a reliable and scalable provider which allows me to provision hundreds of VPSs per week in an automated fashion (using an API). The platform must support Cloud-init (user data) and 1 IP per VPS alongside, at least, 10 GB of space and 512 MB of RAM.

I'm looking at Scaleway and Digital Ocean, but I need cheaper ones or at least as cheap as Scaleway. The scalability is key here: I need to make sure I'll always be able to provision hundreds per week in an automated fashion, meaning that aI can't wait for the supplier to manually raise my quota by the dozens.

I can always go with AWS, Azure, GCE, etc...but I want a sub 4$ / month service.

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers!

Comments

• ehabehab Member

not going to happen for $4/m, up your budget or forget about this market.

• I can do it with Scaleway, so it is possible.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@mendonza said:
    I can do it with Scaleway, so it is possible.

Sounds like the answer then :)

Thanked by 3Aidan jetchirag Wolveix
  • FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Scaleway is Atom CPUs and non-RAIDed storage. If that's enough for you, use them?

• Think about it from the provider's perspective, when you are asking to provisioning 100 VMs without notice there are a number of issues:

• reserved capacity (for smaller providers)
    • possibility for abuse

That's why they require you to contact them, even AWS won't let you provision 100 EC2 instances in the same region without contacting support. Other than that, I can recommend Hetzner Cloud or LunaNode.

Thanked by 1subhojitdutta
  • You can try Aruba cloud as well.

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

@VMHaus anything you have on the radar?

• teamaccteamacc Member

iirc hetzner cloud supports cloud-init.

• Care to share what the use of the vm's are going to be ?

You might provision 100 a week but what about your drop off rates?

• Hello everyone!

Thank you all for your feedback.
    The VMs would a have a lifespan of 1, 3 or 12 months, on average. They would be mostly idle from a CPU perspective and 512 Mb RAM would be enough. The would just be part of a p2p network with very little computation and some regular IO (20GB is enough though)

Any other alternatives to OVH and Scaleway? Vultr, Linode and Upcloud are also strong competitors, but the initial quota is rather low...

• @subhojitdutta said:
    You can try Aruba cloud as well.

Thanks, but their API is terrible