Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anybody else with OVH/Kimusfi network issues today?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anybody else with OVH/Kimusfi network issues today?

myhkenmyhken Member

My uptime monitors on all my OVH/Kimusfi servers in Europe has gone crazy today. Offline for a minute or two, then online again. Got 50-60 mails in a short time.
It do not apply to my two Kimusfi servers in Canada, or any other server from Hetzner or anything else.

Anyone else with issue also?

Comments

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

No issues. My servers in RBX and SBG are fine. Maybe it's an issue with your monitoring solution?

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@FHR said:
    No issues. My servers in RBX and SBG are fine. Maybe it's an issue with your monitoring solution?

I believe he's referring to OVH's own monitoring. They also send you an e-mail when they can't ping the server for x amount of time.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@CConner said:

@FHR said:

I believe he's referring to OVH's own monitoring. They also send you an e-mail when they can't ping the server for x amount of time.

Ah, the "SLA monitor". I got no emails from OVH, so no here

• myhkenmyhken Member

Actually I'm using HetrixTools as a uptime monitor - so could have been some issues there, but strange that it only was on my OVH/Kimsufi servers.
    All servers was up all the time, and I did not loose any RDP connection when HetrixTool told me that the servers was offline.

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited May 2018

@myhken if you open a support ticket on our website, containing the uptime monitor name in question, we can look into it for you.

Alternatively, you have some tools of your own that you can use in order to debug what the issues might have been:
    https://docs.hetrixtools.com/location-fail-log/
    https://docs.hetrixtools.com/downtime-diagnostics/

Cheers.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • Do you check it? is it really down or just false positve?

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited May 2018

I believe I've found the issue. @myhken you seem to have whitelisted our monitoring nodes in your firewall, but haven't done so with any of our newly deployed nodes, which we emailed all clients about.

Today we've deployed a new node in Frankfurt which appears to have been the tipping point in your case. Looking at your Location Fail Log, only the recently deployed nodes are failing to ping your server(s) repeatedly (Frankfurt 3 and London 4).

If you need any assistance, you can always just reach out by opening a support ticket.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • williewillie Member

BHS Kimsufi working fine for me all day, I've been using it on and off. RBX working fine now, wasn't trying to use it earlier so don't know if there were issues.

• graphicgraphic Member

OVH is always online and 100% reliable...

..except there is a water leak, fiber cut or power issue.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • use multiple monitoring providers. Zilore is free now.

Helps eliminate these false positives with a quick glance at inbox.

• WebGuruWebGuru Member
    edited September 2018

Anyone else facing issues in OVH BHS1 today? My server over there is going down after every 1 or 2 hours for 15-20 minutes and it happened 5 times today. My other server in BHS2 is working fine so i guess the issue is just in BHS1.

BHS1

BHS2