Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Shared hosting

Shared hosting

I haven't been looking for hosting for quite some time, however, I figured I would look into possibly getting some shared hosting. I would prefer a somewhat inexpensive host with cpanel. I am looking to create a couple of sites with wordpress, nothing too fancy, its just been a long time since ive messed with anything. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I would consider a VPS, if its not overly pricey, and included cpanel.

Comments

• deankdeank Member

If it's just a small site, go with shared hosting. A reasonably priced shared hosting is better than dirt cheap VPS.

Also do remember that server side security becomes your responsibility with VPS. If you don't want all that headache, just go with shared hosting in which case your only responsibility will be script(WP) security.

A proud member of LET apocalypse cult.

The customer is usually wrong.

• elliotcelliotc Member

Check buyshared.

Looking for cheap vps to monitor the uptime of idle vps.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Administrator, Top Provider

There is a deal running here for €7.00 p/year

https://inceptionhosting.com/limited-offers.html

Should work a treat for you.

London - UK.

Cheers.

Ant.

• Any US based shared?

• launchvpslaunchvps Member, Provider
    edited May 9

@tomahawkeer said: Any US based shared?

We offer USA shared hosting based in Philadelphia.

You can see prices here:

https://cp.launchvps.com/cart.php?gid=17

The base plan is as follows:

5 GB SSD Disk
    500 GB Bandwidth
    SSH Access
    Unlimited Add-on Domains
    Unlimited Databases
    Unlimited Email Accounts
    Unlimited FTP Accounts

Price is $3.29 per quarter.

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

LAUNCH VPS - High-End, Performance Optimized Virtual Servers - Starting at $3.29
    ZFS-Backed SSDs | KVM | LXC | cPanel Web | Carrier Blended Network | Any OS | PHL & LAX DC USA | 45-Day Money Back Guarantee

• mikhomikho Member, Provider

Phoenix -US.
    $3/year - https://clients.mrvm.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=2

3 GB Disk 150 GB bandwidth / month

If you need more disk there are bigger plans available.

ask me about Storage offers
    Get a LES NAT VPS! and some Shared Hosting offers
    Locations: Phoenix (US) | Amsterdam (NL) | Lenoir (US) | Kansas City (US) | Falkenstein (DE), | Sofia (BG) | Reins (FR) | Sandefjord (NO) | Sydney (AU) | Perth (AU)
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

https://buyshared.net/

:D

Francisco

BuyVM - Dedicated KVM Slices / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • austeniteaustenite Member, Provider

We'd also fit within your needs, feel free to check the link in my sig and don't hesitate to reach out to me with any questions.

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited May 9

https://vpshared.com/

+1 for @Francisco's buyshared, if the west coast is good for ya!

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • deankdeank Member
    edited May 9

@Francisco

I like tagging him for no apparent reason.

A proud member of LET apocalypse cult.

The customer is usually wrong.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

@deank said: @Francisco

I like tagging him for no apparent reason.

I'm a huge fan of my name as well, if you couldn't tell.

Francisco

BuyVM - Dedicated KVM Slices / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • elmin0relmin0r Member

@AnthonySmith said: There is a deal running here for €7.00 p/year

https://inceptionhosting.com/limited-offers.html

Should work a treat for you.

London - UK.

Cheers.

Ant.

I've sign with Inception 3 week ago... 1 years plan... fast, efficient.... +1 for inception

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • Any VPS plans that are including CPanel?

• HoostHoost Member, Provider

@tomahawkeer said: Any VPS plans that are including CPanel?

cPanel itself costs up to $15 for a VPS. Is that included in your budget?

Michael From Ho-ost | Twitter | Blog

• I haven't completely ruled it out, however it sounds like i'm going to be leaning towards a shared hosting with cpanel for actual hosting my live stuff, and a VPS (without cpanel) for testing. $15 per month just for cpanel on VPS is kind of ridiculous for stuff im just going to be playing around with.

• HoostHoost Member, Provider

@tomahawkeer said: I haven't completely ruled it out, however it sounds like i'm going to be leaning towards a shared hosting with cpanel for actual hosting my live stuff, and a VPS (without cpanel) for testing. $15 per month just for cpanel on VPS is kind of ridiculous for stuff im just going to be playing around with.

If it's just a couple not-so-intense WordPress websites, I wouldn't over spend on a VPS that isn't going to be used to it's capacity. You can be perfectly fine on shared hosting.

Michael From Ho-ost | Twitter | Blog

• kp93kp93 Member

Hey Guys thanks for this thread got €7.00 p/year deal from @AnthonySmith

and @Francisco have two hosting account with you so far nice :)

• BabynemoBabynemo Member
    edited May 11

I did compare ShareHosting from BuyShared (they have LiteSpeed Cache) vs. Aruba (Equinix DC FRA) 1EUR VPS with CyberPanel (OpenLiteSpeed). CyberPanel is very easy to install. Results: Aruba + Cyberpanel is 15-20% faster.

• @Babynemo

Then again, BuyShared is cheaper. Sure, it's shared hosting but you're covered by Francisco's management team (server maintenance and uptime, etc).

• Thanks for all the feedback guys. I decided to give buyshared a shot.

• dergelbedergelbe Member

@Babynemo said: I did compare ShareHosting from BuyShared (they have LiteSpeed Cache) vs. Aruba (Equinix DC FRA) 1EUR VPS with CyberPanel (OpenLiteSpeed). CyberPanel is very easy to install. Results: Aruba + Cyberpanel is 15-20% faster.

Interesting topic. I have one shared account with hostrush.com ($9.95/year @ 5 domains), they have LiteSpeed and the speed is good. BuyShared.com I will give a try when another contract I have runs out.

I also have EUR1VPS on Aruba. Wordpress runs fast there. I wasn't aware of Cyberpanel and I wonder how that compares to Easyengine.io (I use Debian + Easyengine)

• ts001ts001 Member

@Francisco said:

https://buyshared.net/

:D

Francisco

I just tried to purchase this and it refunded me saying I was not buying from my home ISP. I can't place an order from anywhere but my home address???

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

I don't know if you made your decision but we can offer some good discounts on our enterprise hosting lineup. It will not be 7 usd per year, i have to tell you that right away.

Check it here:

https://portal.drserver.net/?/cart/enterprise-web-hosting/

The Brand New drServer.net ||| 4 Cores - 4GB RAM - 90GB R10 SSD for only 7 USD with promo code LET-it-GO

• HarambeHarambe Member

@ts001 said:

I just tried to purchase this and it refunded me saying I was not buying from my home ISP. I can't place an order from anywhere but my home address???

You can't order from a VPN or IPs that don't match up to your location, it's a fraud prevention measure that most hosts use.

Professional Shoeminer

Thanked by 1Francisco