Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NixDot has gone!!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NixDot has gone!!!

hcllovehhclloveh Member
edited February 2012 in Providers

Wow, I purchased two vps with NixDot.com and it seems one of vps has gone. Also, their homepage show 503 error. How to got refund from PayPal? Any suggest?

Comments

• Hi hclloveh,

I would recommend you just open the dispute and provide a good argument of how your VPS term that you paid for was not ended, yet the service is no longer available. Be assertive and express your dissatisfaction; in the end, PayPal would most likely decide in your favor.

• You can tell Paypal that the voices in your head told you to demand!!! that they refund your money, and they'll do it.

• @WhiteLabelHosting said: Unless they have a policy to protect them.

PayPal wouldn't even be able to confirm/view the policy... the main site is totally down.

• @AsuraHosting Exactly. I (was) a customer who signed up in January and was, on the whole, quite pleased with the service. That was, of course, until the whole website capsized making it impossible to open a support ticket or do much of anything, really.

Four days ago I sent an email to support@nixdot asking what was going on and have gotten no reply. Exerox (Dan) on WebHostingTalk, who was Chris' "right hand man" at ico7 (according to the posting on LEB) said Chris sold nixdot to a third party who has neglected the current customers. He even suggested that customers initiate chargebacks through PayPal given the situation. Here is that post on WHT: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=7949603&postcount=24

Through the wonders of cheap international calling and public WHOIS information, I have tried calling both the numbers listed for NixDot on PayPal and on their WHOIS to no avail. For posterity's sake, that information is below should it aid anyone in getting their money back from NixDot. If a mod/admin disagrees with my posting this information please feel free to edit it out. Heretofore this information was available to anyone visiting NixDot.com, or to their clients via PayPal.

Here is the message (in an unmistakeably British accent) I got on the 4859 number, basically it was a voicemail/answerphone greeting: "Hello, and thank you for calling. Unfortunately we are unable to answer your call at this time. If you could leave a message, we will return you call as soon as we can. Please leave your name and a contact telephone number after the tone. Thank you for calling. "

The 1373 number was a bit difficult to call. Either I got an error in a British accent saying: "There has been a unknown error connecting your call, Please try again later" or an error message generated by my PBX as a consequence of the multiple VoIP providers I tried returning a FAILED or NO ANSWER status to my call request. The aforementioned error message easily could have been an intercept from my VoIP provider, or one of their upstream carriers. There's no way for me to know what exactly would happen if you called the 1373 number from the British PSTN, since I'm in the US. ;) Therefore, my best guess is that the number has been disconnected or is otherwise no longer active. Since the call flat out failed on the majority of the VoIP providers I tried to complete the call with this is probably the case.

I don't have the resources to research British phone numbers any further like I can with US/Canadian numbers, so I'm at a bit of an impasse right now about getting any further information. Hopefully PayPal will come through on the dispute so any further research will be wholly unnecessary.

I wish the best of luck to any former clients who are trying to get their money back. Knowing PayPal, we'll sure need it.

All the best,
    Zach

Here's that info...

WHOIS Administrative Contact:
    This site is managed by the ico7 network.
    Part of the ico7 network, Powered by NixDot Web Solutions ([email protected])
    +44.8432894859
    Fax: +1.
    St John's House
    St John's Square
    City of London, London EC1V 4JJ
    GB

PayPal Merchant Information

Merchant Name: NixDot Ltd
    Merchant Email: [email protected]

Customer Service URL: http://www.NixDot.com
    Customer Service Email: [email protected]
    Customer Service Phone: +44 8432891373

• Hello, sorry to hear about your issue, contact paypal and explain what's going on and do a dispute hope it all works out for you.