OVH Asia-Pacific Network, latest latency optimizations
Over a year ago, OVH opened up shop in the Asia-Pacific region with 2 datacenters: Singapore (SG) and Sydney (AU).
We are continuously working on improving our network by adding providers, capacity and new rules to reduce the latency.
Below are some of the latest improvements done in the Asia-Pacific region:
- Singapore <> Sydney: is now on SeaMeWe-3 cable -> We have much more direct path (before 144ms now down to 88ms)
- Sydney <> Europe is now routed through Singapore (before via US) -> Better latency (around 35ms less)
- Transit Singapore : we now have TATA and NTT connected to 2 differents POPs (GSS1 & SG1) -> This ensures a better redundancy
We have also improved the routing to several locations (latest improvements below):
- China – China Telecom: http://sgp.smokeping.ovh.net/smokeping?target=APAC.AS4809 (before 220ms down to 36ms)
- Vietnam: http://sgp.smokeping.ovh.net/smokeping?target=APAC.AS7602
- Indonesia: http://sgp.smokeping.ovh.net/smokeping?target=APAC.AS4761
- Philippines: http://sgp.smokeping.ovh.net/smokeping?target=APAC.AS9658
- India – Amazon: http://sgp.smokeping.ovh.net/smokeping?target=APAC.AS16509-ap-south-1
- Thailand: http://sgp.smokeping.ovh.net/smokeping?target=APAC.AS4765
Would like to see some improvements on the OVH Network?
Please feel free to send us your traceroute results to our public mailing list for further investigations:
- To run a traceroute on Linux, enter the following terminal command: traceroute sgp.smokeping.ovh.net (or your OVH server IP)
- To run a traceroute on Windows, enter the following command line: tracert sgp.smokeping.ovh.net (or your OVH server IP)
- Save the traceroute results
- Send a blank email to [email protected]
- Follow the instructions in the automated reply to sign up to the mailing list
- Send your traceroute results to [email protected] and the team will investigate
(use "sgp.smokeping.ovh.net" for Singapore Datacenter or “syd.smokeping.ovh.net" for the Sydney Datacenter)
- Looking Glass: https://lg.ovh.net
- Singapore smokeping: http://sgp.smokeping.ovh.net/smokeping?target=APAC
- Sydney smokeping: http://syd.smokeping.ovh.net/smokeping?target=APAC
- Network status: http://weathermap.ovh.net/#apac
WHO ARE WE?
OVH (https://www.ovh.com) is a global hyper-scale cloud provider that offers innovative products and services focusing on private, public and hybrid cloud, and bare metal (dedicated servers).
It offers businesses a benchmark for value and performance in the sector.
Founded in 1999, the group manages and maintains 28 datacentres across 4 continents, deploys its own global fibre optic network, and has a full control over the supply chain
(from server manufacturing and in-house maintenance of its infrastructure right down to customer support).
OVH provides simple, powerful tools for businesses, revolutionising the way that more than 1 million customers work across the globe.
Respect for individuals' right to privacy and equal access to new technologies are central to the company's values.
For OVH, "Innovation is Freedom".