Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is NodeServ.com still in business?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is NodeServ.com still in business?

wowowwowow Member

Hi

I ordered one VPS from nodeserv.com on May 07,2018.

However, it is still displayed as 'pending'.

I opened a ticket two days ago, but no replies so far.

Ticket ID: 492723

Subject: When will my VPS be activated?

Is NodeServ.com still in business? How can I contact its owner?

Comments

• @Jade_G seems to be gone since ages. However, I found a Facebook post which says they haven't replied to a ticket for 3 weeks. Pretty much dead to me.

• wowowwowow Member
    edited May 2018

@somewhatwindy said:
    @Jade_G seems to be gone since ages. However, I found a Facebook post which says they haven't replied to a ticket for 3 weeks. Pretty much dead to me.

Thank you for your reply.

If this is the case, then I think the owner of LowEndBox should take down these posts https://lowendbox.com/tag/nodeserv/ , or at least add some warnings saying NodeServ.com is now out of business.

I will wait for a few days before asking for a refund.

• Their last tweet was in 2014, so I'd say...

• wowowwowow Member

@dedotatedwam said:
    Their last tweet was in 2014, so I'd say...

I noticed that, however, the last discussion titled "Nodeserv Jacksonville Outage" on this forum was in March 2017. So at least in 2017 it was still in business.

See for yourself: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussions/tagged/nodeserv

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

I have 2 vps with them since 2014, they are still full operated and rock solid. My last ticket, though, was opened in 2016 (and replied), since then, never had to open a ticket for something. Even after the acquisition, things are running smoothly and never got a price increase, even thought my plans are dirty cheap yearly.

• I have had a small yearly VPS with them in Florida location for about a year now. I checked and my server is still up and running fine. I did however notice that there in no longer any valid SSL certificate for manage.nodeserv.com, so logging into my VPS control panel is now sketchy. Not sure what to make of this. There is nothing mission critical on the server I have, so if they do deadpool I'm not going to lose any sleep. I do kinda want to keep it though due to it having a decent amount of hdd space for the price I'm paying.

• I had very commendable/reliable service with NodeServ when Jade was involved. After the buyout (or acquisition or whatever) and Jade's exit, things went to the dogs literally and very quickly. From what I vaguely remember, ticket response times were awful and my VPS was moved from Jacksonville, FL to Seattle, WA without any warning or flexibility. There was a fairly long (weeks) period of IP's not being routed at all and the VPS being completely unreachable network wise. I just pretty much used whatever remaining time I had with the VPS as best as I could (i.e. mostly idled) and gave up thereafter.

Based on your own experience (so far since signing up), I'd say stay away from them for sanity's sake.

P.S: See my comment from an old thread where again things weren't very positive.