Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 or 4TB dedicated Budget: 150-200 usd/annual
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2 or 4TB dedicated Budget: 150-200 usd/annual

ssgenssgen Member

NL /LUX location
file host accepted
dmca flexible
no raid
2TB

150-200 usd/yearly
Is that possible?

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

Everything is possible. except that.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Kimsufi is the only thing that will fit.

• ssgenssgen Member

@FHR said:
    Kimsufi is the only thing that will fit.

But I do not trust them in terms of DMCA.

• emghemgh Member

Luxembourg, just like Sweden, has very well crafted privacy laws, and you shouln't have to worry about DMCA - since it's not required by law. This obviously dosen't mean that you can host whatever you want, there's laws in Europe too.

Let me explain why 150-200 bucks a year won't be possible. Let's look at it from my perspective as a Swede, we don't have any OVH like datacenters, the biggest players you'll see will be Portlane, Cygrids, Inleed & FS Data. Well, there's IP-Only but for your price range, let's pretend that they don't exist..

So let's say I wanted what you're looking for, I'd first buy a server. Let's say we get a random 1U 2TB server for 300 bucks. Now, the colocation price itself for one of the cheapest providers in Sweden is 40 bucks a month, let's add vat to that and we're looking at 50 bucks a month, now, with an investment of 300 bucks, and a fee of 50 bucks a month, you can't provide a 150-200 bucks a year service.

Obviously Amserdam might be a bit cheaper, but I'd guess that Luxembourg and Sweden would be closely pricing-wise.

• I can do this for $150 a month.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

He wants it 150/year.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2018

blah!

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • williewillie Member

https://www.worldstream.nl/en/dedicated/custom/info i3 and i5 are out of stock, but if they come back they look good with the 4.20 euro/m annual payment discount. The i7 looks great if you build it out to 16tb (add 3x 4tb drives at 6 euro each).

Thanked by 2subhojitdutta Netsat
  • Damn that's a great price for those 4TB drives. the 15 euro base with 4x4TB and 1gbps would be an amazing storage server. Have you used them before? Any idea how frequently they restock?

• williewillie Member

I haven't seen them out of stock before, but the 4TB drive is apparently a sale or promo. They normally came with a 500GB drive and the 4TB drives were 15/m each or something like that. I'm tempted by the i7 or E3. Consolidate all my dedis there and call it a day.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Indeed tempting. The E3 can take up to 5 HDDs. 54 EUR with 5x4 TB, in RAIDz/RAID5 means 16 TB or 15 TiB usable. That's less than 4 EUR per TiB incl. redundancy. Not bad.