Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

india datacenter - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

india datacenter

Comments

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@rahulks said:

someshz said: Not for gaming

You can run game servers on digitalocean's BLR location in India.

Yeah and one salty n00b h4x0r gamerboi gets kicked out of the server, the next thing you know, the server starts getting DDoS and thus your journey, hopes & dreams of hosting a game server in India will swim with the fishes...

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • Running a gameserver in India on a tight budget is not a good idea, you will face a lot of issues with it as Blaze said, only reason you want to get an Indian server is due to a local website to get good load speeds, but most don't really care. Singapore gives a fairly good ping to India now just in case if anyone don't like the pings to US or EU servers.

• @Diamondz said:
    Running a gameserver in India on a tight budget is not a good idea, you will face a lot of issues with it as Blaze said, only reason you want to get an Indian server is due to a local website to get good load speeds, but most don't really care. Singapore gives a fairly good ping to India now just in case if anyone don't like the pings to US or EU servers.

germany ping is good as i test which is better than singapore

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@mhosting_in said:

@Diamondz said:
    Running a gameserver in India on a tight budget is not a good idea, you will face a lot of issues with it as Blaze said, only reason you want to get an Indian server is due to a local website to get good load speeds, but most don't really care. Singapore gives a fairly good ping to India now just in case if anyone don't like the pings to US or EU servers.

Its depend upon service provider routing , otherwise singapore will be much better then germany

• @ManishPant said:

@mhosting_in said:

@Diamondz said:

Its depend upon service provider routing , otherwise singapore will be much better then germany

yes, most of the experts recommend Singapore Server for India Based visitors.

• @rahulks said:

mhosting_in said: datacenter in chennai,banglore,mumbai

Pune @leapswitch

they updated there website they are providing in three locations Delhi, Pune Mumbai.
    but they are costly. because most provider in India is costly in compares the USA, Europe servers.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@mhosting_in said:

@rahulks said:

Pune @leapswitch

they updated there website they are providing in three locations Delhi, Pune Mumbai.
    but they are costly. because most provider in India is costly in compares the USA, Europe servers.

We have awesome volume and partner discounts. PM me and we will work something out.

• @leapswitch said:

@mhosting_in said:

@rahulks said:

Pune @leapswitch

We have awesome volume and partner discounts. PM me and we will work something out.

thank you

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited January 2020

HostDime has an Indian location, they might be an option. I've used their Orlando, FL location in the past and they're pretty good. https://hostdime.in/

• @HM-Michael said:
    HostDime has an Indian location, they might be an option. I've used their Orlando, FL location in the past and they're pretty good. https://hostdime.in/

Do they also provide partner programs?

• @mhosting_in said:

@HM-Michael said:

Not sure, but never hurts to ask.

• @HM-Michael said:

@mhosting_in said:

@HM-Michael said:

Not sure, but never hurts to ask.

I ask on chat 3 times but they did not reply on chat their sales look, newbie.
    they told they email me but I have not received any email yet

• someshzsomeshz Member, Host Rep

@BlaZe said:

@rahulks said:

Yeah and one salty n00b h4x0r gamerboi gets kicked out of the server, the next thing you know, the server starts getting DDoS and thus your journey, hopes & dreams of hosting a game server in India will swim with the fishes...

Hahhaha... true!

• @someshz said:

@BlaZe said:

@rahulks said:

Hahhaha... true!

Okay then, How about Linode in Mumbai ?

https://www.linode.com/press_release/linode-launches-free-advanced-ddos-protection-across-its-global-network/

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited January 2020

Pain in the rear end to create an account @ Linode.

First time around- account rejected when I used $20 credit code to sign Up.
    Next- code invalid

Third time: different link (with the $50 credit) account created, credit not applied.

I am deleting the account, done with these guys.

Getting better speeds for Linode Singapore than Linode Mumbai, in that case OVH makes more sense

• someshzsomeshz Member, Host Rep

@rahulks said:

@someshz said:

@BlaZe said:

@rahulks said:

Hahhaha... true!

Okay then, How about Linode in Mumbai ?

https://www.linode.com/press_release/linode-launches-free-advanced-ddos-protection-across-its-global-network/

I am trying to host one CSGO server on Linode, let's see.

• DiamondzDiamondz Member
    edited January 2020

`CPU model : AMD EPYC 7501 32-Core Processor
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 1999.999 MHz
    Total size of Disk : 49.0 GB (3.1 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem : 1993 MB (78 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 511 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime : 0 days, 0 hour 32 min
    Load average : 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)

Kernel : 4.15.0-62-generic

I/O speed(1st run) : 1.1 GB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run) : 776 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run) : 797 MB/s

Average I/O speed : 899.8 MB/s

Node Name IPv4 address Download Speed
    CacheFly 139.59.24.185 22.7MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo2, JP 139.162.65.37 17.9MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG 139.162.23.4 34.1MB/s
    Linode, London, UK 176.58.107.39 19.8MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE 139.162.130.8 18.0MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA 50.116.14.9 9.51MB/s`

Here's a bench for $10 box at linode Mumbai if someone's interested

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8597034555.png
    ^^ Speedtest with Jio gigafiber's server

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited January 2020

@Diamondz said:

^^ Speedtest with Jio gigafiber's server

Thanks. Love those numbers. Esp the speeds you get. Maybe I should set up a DO box in BLR and see what I get compared to Linode in BOM. Been waiting for a couple of reasons..

Thanked by 1someshz
  • @vyas11 I wouldn't be too hopeful, I'm getting better speeds to Linode SG than I'm to DO BLR. Linode MUM is surprisingly good too, all things considered.

• If you're living in North India or have projects there. Choose Linode Mumbai over DO BLR.

Reason : New Delhi -> Mumbai ping is 30-35 ms and to DO BLR is 70ms. Even OVH Singapore gives 70 ms to New Delhi.

• @Diamondz said:
    If you're living in North India or have projects there. Choose Linode Mumbai over DO BLR.

Reason : New Delhi -> Mumbai ping is 30-35 ms and to DO BLR is 70ms. Even OVH Singapore gives 70 ms to New Delhi.

try to ping with any Indore server.

• Sorry I don't have any nodes or clients in Indore to share any ping reports> @mhosting_in said:

@Diamondz said:
    If you're living in North India or have projects there. Choose Linode Mumbai over DO BLR.

• @Diamondz said:
    Sorry I don't have any nodes or clients in Indore to share any ping reports> @mhosting_in said:

@Diamondz said:

any Indore datacenter provide free IP for PING or there are some online tools help to find a ping test.

• @vyas11 So I created a Linode yesterday for some testing, and these were the speedtest results ;D

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited February 2020

@Diamondz said:
    @vyas11 So I created a Linode yesterday for some testing, and these were the speedtest results ;D

No. I mean shit no. :-)

Thanks!

• @Diamondz said:
    @vyas11 So I created a Linode yesterday for some testing, and these were the speedtest results ;D

1ms ping good for Mumbai visitor . is datacenter near your home/office ?.
    Banglore is not far from your location 25ms also good.

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@Diamondz > @mhosting_in said:

@Diamondz said:

He is getting 1ms ping bcaz he lives in Mumbai and also the server is in Mumbai too. Bangalore is approx 500miles from Mumbai so 25ms for it.

@Diamondz can you speedtest this IP 103.98.159.14 too

• @ManishPant said:
    @Diamondz > @mhosting_in said:

@Diamondz said:

He is getting 1ms ping bcaz he lives in Mumbai and also the server is in Mumbai too. Bangalore is approx 500miles from Mumbai so 25ms for it.

@Diamondz can you speedtest this IP 103.98.159.14 too

not true if you are in the same city 1ms getting very rare.
    you can test any server in your own city if you get share screenshot.

• 1ms is the latency from Linode Mumbai to the test server. Not from the client to Linode Mumbai.

• @Luke007 said:
    1ms is the latency from Linode Mumbai to the test server. Not from the client to Linode Mumbai.

This.