Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 dedicated core, 2gig ram or more, more details inside
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1 dedicated core, 2gig ram or more, more details inside

VZ Type:
KVM or OpenVZ (which ever doesnt mind a lot of cpu usage, might be
max 60% of a core for peak hours)

Number of Cores: 1 if entirely dedicated
RAM: 1.5 - 2GB
Disk Space: 25GB
Disk Type: SSD and HDD ok

Bandwidth: 1TB
Port Speed: 100MBPS or better

DDoS Protection:
yes if free.

Number of IPs:
1 ip4(clean and not blacklisted or dirty or from an infected data center, looking at you virmach LA). Bunch of ipv6 if free
I plan to move my websites and mail servers, not a spam house,
but I will need the necessary available.
rDNS

Budget:
Around 50 freedom dollars a year.

Billing period:
yearly. paypal.

i can wait for black friday offers if that is suggested. currently i have moved most of my stuff on a vultr box with tons of free credit. so no hurry
Also when is black Friday/cyber Monday/ what ever holiday gives good deals?

Best regards

Comments

• williewillie Member
    1. Black friday / Cyber monday is in November. There are a few other deal threads in other parts of the year but BF/CM has historically been the best.

2. Dedicated core and 1.5GB from a decent host at that price level will be hard to find. You can get a 1GB BuyVM slice at $3.5/m or 2GB at $7 and burst the cpu to 100% and you won't get suspended for long computations, but you might eventually get throttled to 1/4th vcpu (1gb) or 1/2 vcpu (2gb) if you overdo it.

3. If you can use Vultr on free credit instead, you might as well do that while it lasts. Maybe you could even cook up a scheme where you spin up an extra VM temporarily when you need more CPU.

Thanked by 2Francisco greenhat
  • freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

I could do something in our Winnipeg datacenter for $4/mo. It wouldn't be a dedicated core, however, but you won't be penalized for high usage.

vCPU: 1 RAM: 2GB HDD: 30GB IPv4: 1 IPv6: /64 Transfer: 3TB@100mbps Virtualization: KVM Location: Winnipeg (Central Canada)

Thanked by 1greenhat
  • @freerangecloud said:
    I could do something in our Winnipeg datacenter for $4/mo. It wouldn't be a dedicated core, however, but you won't be penalized for high usage.

vCPU: 1 RAM: 2GB HDD: 30GB IPv4: 1 IPv6: /64 Transfer: 3TB@100mbps Virtualization: KVM Location: Winnipeg (Central Canada)

That looks like a good deal, did some tests against your lg from my location, quite a reasonable speed. Do you offer add-on resources if I decide to upgrade later on?

• freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

@greenhat said:

@freerangecloud said:

That looks like a good deal, did some tests against your lg from my location, quite a reasonable speed. Do you offer add-on resources if I decide to upgrade later on?

I can do upgrades in future if required. Obviously would necessitate some downtime of your VPS to assign the new resources, but it would be an in-place upgrade (i.e. not requiring a new server)

Thanked by 1greenhat
  • UltraVPSUltraVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2018

Hi @greenhat,

we can offer the following in Los Angeles:

Cloud Special-2

• KVM virtualization
    • 2 GB RAM
    • 2 CPU cores (shared, but you should be able to burst to the full core performance anytime)
    • 50 GB redundant SSD storage (ZFS based)
    • 1 TB Monthly Transfer (in+out)
    • 1 IPv4 address
    • 10 IPv6 addresses (from your own /64 IPv6 subnet)
    • Contract term: 12 months
    • Available in Amsterdam (Netherlands), Duesseldorf (Germany), Dallas (USA), Los Angeles (USA)

40 EUR per year incl. VAT (~ 40 USD excl. VAT)

[ORDER]

Looking glass

Do you have any questions? Please do not hesitate to drop us a mail at [email protected].