Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does BuyVM ever have availability in Luxembourg?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does BuyVM ever have availability in Luxembourg?

edited May 2018 in General

I want to use Anycast and to use Anycast you need servers in all 3 locations. When availability showed up for the other 2 locations the other day there was no availability in Luxembourg (on any plan) according to the website so there was no reason for me to sign up.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

They do. It's just that it's taken as soon as they become available.

Thanked by 1Aluminat
  • FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Are you sure you need anycast? In almost all cases geo-DNS will work as well, or even better.

• edited May 2018

@FHR said:
    Are you sure you need anycast?

Yes.

Thanked by 1chrisp
  • The thing is to check on the 1st and 10th when services terminate due to cancellation requests and non-payment, respectively.

But I don't think @Francisco really wants to sell those slices, otherwise he'd be rushing to install more racks of E3s to meet demand. I imagine ROI isn't as attractive as other things he's doing, like @Aldryic

Can't blame him for not expanding the rack.

• I thought it was the 1st and the 19th? Regardless, they did show up on the 1st. Just not in Luxembourg.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Let's ask @Francisco

edited May 2018

@Francisco

Tag the shit out of him, everyone.

• @Francisco , hire @MikePT to get on a train to LU and setup more racks.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Let's pull a tagging train on @Francisco !

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Hint: OVZ is in stock, 19$ for 6 months, Anycast with 3 POPS.

I wanted to go KVM but yea, never in stock.

• FoulFoul Member

Restocks usually happen on the 1st and 10th of each month.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@jiggawattz said: I imagine ROI isn't as attractive as other things he's doing, like @Aldryic

I thought that @Aldryic was no longer involved with buyvm.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

angstrom said: I thought that @Aldryic was no longer involved with buyvm.

He isn't and hasn't been for a good while. Valentin was let go back in February and I brought back an old legend, Anthony, to help out. It's always pretty hard to find people I trust. He does very well and is pretty close outpacing me rating wise in tickets.

Slices do very well, I have 40 pending installation in LV right now, just have to reorganize the current rack space we have before I can put them up.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I want to continue growing with the LUX DC people. Its been a hard relationship and its only been in the past few months that i've been able to get around their burpy network with my own bandwidth.

When we originally started there we bought a half cab since it was our first push overseas. What was advertised as personal locking half cabinets, was really just "we throw your boxes into a rack and just keep a running tally of your U usage". When we sent in the slices we asked them to fix this and get us into a full rack and all that. They did, but they for instance didn't give us 0U PDU's, so we have 5U wasted in PDU's alone.

The plan for LU right now is i'll be personally going over there in the spring for a workcation where i'll put in block storage and do a complete overhaul of how things are, and get another half dozen (or more) slice nodes installed. If I can pack down some of the OVZ gear I put in there I can likely get even more.

Francisco

Thanked by 3Foul lurch pullangcubo
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco Maybe consider NL for future EU location? I'm sure people would like that, and not too far from LUX.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • vovlervovler Member

@FHR said:
    Are you sure you need anycast? In almost all cases geo-DNS will work as well, or even better.

Can you recommend a good Geo-DNS? I've been looking for one for some time

MikeA said: @Francisco Maybe consider NL for future EU location? I'm sure people would like that, and not too far from LUX.

Meh, there's enough NL hosts out there, don't need another.

I would likely go to somewhere like Switzerland. I'm a fan of privacy focused hosting for over there. We'll be making changes to our TOS very soon to be a lot more TOR friendly even.

Anyway, I did a long winded reply to get back to a point others made. Stock comes up on the 1st and the 10th. It's rare that LU stock lasts past those days, so if you're wanting something either touch base with me and I'll try to ear mark you something, or keep an eye out :)

Francisco

Thanked by 4Foul jammy Aidan Aluminat

Ever considered the Moon?

Thanked by 1jammy
  • jammyjammy Member

What I did when waiting for a LU KVM is installed Page Monitor for Chrome (There's probably something similar for Firefox) and set it to check the order page every ~10 minutes. Probably not the best option but it worked.

@jammy said:
    What I did when waiting for a LU KVM is installed Page Monitor for Chrome (There's probably something similar for Firefox) and set it to check the order page every ~10 minutes. Probably not the best option but it worked.

Well, lets hope I can add some more nodes easily :) I'm likely going to do something like get one of those 4 E5's inside of a 2U chassis and back our OVZ nodes with the block storage. That'll save a good few U's alone.

We'll see :D

Francisco

@vovler said:

@FHR said:

Route53 works fine

@FHR said:

@vovler said:

@FHR said:

Route53 works fine

Until it gets highjacked.

Francisco

Thanked by 2FHR Aidan
  • IshaqIshaq Member

@Francisco said: Until it gets highjacked.

Ouch.

• aglodekaglodek Member

@FHR said:

Huh? Isn't geo-DNS based on anycast?

edited May 2018

@aglodek said:

@FHR said:

Huh? Isn't geo-DNS based on anycast?

It doesn't have to be, although the DNS provider will generally do anycast to increase availability and performance.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • @Neoon said:

When I went on the site it said they don't do OVZ anymore when you click on the plans.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@LosPollosHermanos said:

@Neoon said:

When I went on the site it said they don't do OVZ anymore when you click on the plans.

Bullshit.

https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?a=add&pid=67

https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?a=add&pid=101

https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?a=add&pid=1352

• edited May 2018

@Neoon said:

@LosPollosHermanos said:

@Neoon said:

Bullshit.

https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?a=add&pid=67

https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?a=add&pid=101

https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?a=add&pid=1352

What's with the harsh language? I am just the messenger here. It doesn't have anything to do with me. It must have changed. If you are not happy about all the confusion being created complain to them. I see it showing up now but a week or two ago it said they don't do OVZ anymore.