Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10up.org review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

10up.org review

xhuliano21xhuliano21 Member
edited May 2018 in Reviews

Hello, i want to buy a VPS-game, i was watching at 10up.org , https://99percentSPAM.hosting/, what do you think for this host ? Is this good ?

Comments

• pikepike Veteran
    edited May 2018

Looks like a summerhost that has his mothers details in the imprint.
    This isn't even a registered company.

Go sell your shit on epvp lol.

Thanked by 1TriJetScud
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

Scam

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Sure, go ahead.

• graphicgraphic Member

Maybe a new Treudler project.

• teamaccteamacc Member

Whoever is hosting that, also hosts ts-thebeast.net

Which has a nice sub-site: ddos.ts-thebeast.net

With a nice banner:

However, in the footer of the site it says:

Would avoid regardless. Apparently this website attracts people who claim they got ddossed.

Thanked by 2FHR that_guy

DDoS is like women. When you aren't popular at all, you want it. When you have it though, you want it to go away.

Thanked by 2MrH ma2t
  • FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@graphic said:
    Maybe a new Treudler project.

Treudler-scheme

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@xhuliano21 said:
    Hello, i want to buy a VPS-game, i was watching at 10up.org , https://100percentuptime.hosting/, what do you think for this host ? Is this good ?

How is this a review of 10up.org?

• The CPU model being offered is a red flag for this one.

Who in the right mind would use a desktop class CPU for a presumably a production class system for 24/7 Operation at load?

TriJetScud said: Who in the right mind would use a desktop class CPU for a presumably a production class system for 24/7 Operation at load?

Game servers. You need single thread performance, and i7 will provide you much better performance than your ordinary E3. Also, the actual difference in features/reliability (apart from ECC memory support) is minuscule.

Thanked by 1MrPsycho
  • caracalcaracal Member

100 uptime being shortened to 10up.. Red flag.

• FoulFoul Member

Sounds like a shill.... @teamacc for LET Investigation?

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited May 2018

@Foul said:

Minimally, it's not a review, and it looks suspiciously like a shill as well.

Thanked by 1willie
  • teamaccteamacc Member

@caracal said:
    100 uptime being shortened to 10up.. Red flag.

Especially with the domain being changed from .hosting to .org wtf?

• @FHR said:
    Game servers. You need single thread performance, and i7 will provide you much better performance than your ordinary E3. Also, the actual difference in features/reliability (apart from ECC memory support) is minuscule.

Ah, I was more or less thinking of electrical noise and reliability issues related to consumer electronics in General.

• So guys, what do you recommand me ? To buy VPS-game from this host or not ? I want VPS to sell Gameservers

Summer is coming!

• Summer is comming and .. ?

• williewillie Member

xhuliano21 said: Summer is comming and .. ?

"Summer hosts, make me feel fine..."

And it means -

The end is nigh.

• pikepike Veteran

Summerhostception

• mkshmksh Member

@xhuliano21 said:
    So guys, what do you recommand me ? To buy VPS-game from this host or not ? I want VPS to sell Gameservers

Why would you even consider buying from them? They have awful written everywhere in huge red letters.

• williewillie Member

Foul said:

I edited the url in original post to reflect the apparent situation.

Thanked by 2mksh Foul

@pike said:
    Summerhostception

SummerTalk

• Right. Thanks for help guys. So what host do you suggest me for vps-game ? Not omgserv

• mkshmksh Member

VPS resellers of OVH game seem to be rare and often garbage. IIRC @MikeA could provide something reliable. Beyond that i don't know. Since you have actual clients wouldn't it be a better idea to just take the hit and get a server directly from OVH? Or even open a thread to see if someone knows a viable OVH alternative for gameservers?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@mksh said:
    VPS resellers of OVH game seem to be rare and often garbage. IIRC @MikeA could provide something reliable.

It's usually because I'm a little more expensive, I've asked some people in the past.

edited May 2018

@MikeA said:

@mksh said:
    VPS resellers of OVH game seem to be rare and often garbage. IIRC @MikeA could provide something reliable.

It's usually because I'm a little more expensive, I've asked some people in the past.

Even then your margins seem pretty thin, looking at steadily increasing OVH prices. It seems to me like lots of OVH-based providers operate at almost zero margin - that explains why most of them fail.

Zero margin? They operate on negative margin.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@FHR said:

@MikeA said:

@mksh said:

Even then your margins seem pretty thin, looking at steadily increasing OVH prices. It seems to me like lots of OVH-based providers operate at almost zero margin - that explains why most of them fail.

Game servers are a whole other half of EVM anyways, and I've only dealt with one $10 price increase for the game VPS line so it's not a big deal. I could write a book about why others fail though, not just people using OVH.