Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please help me understand myLoc billing contract
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Please help me understand myLoc billing contract

levnodelevnode Member

Hi,

I ordered a Ryzen server to test out deployment on AMD CPU on Mar-05. After about 2 weeks, we finished testing. On Apr-04, they sent me invoice for April and I paid it. On Apr-06, I cancelled the server. I know that the cancellation period is 4 weeks and I think that the server will be online until May-05 (which is when the contract ends).

The problem is in the contract overview section, they state that the contract end date is June-04. Moreover, they haven't sent me the invoice for May if I have to pay.

I am quite confused with their term of billing contract. Has anyone here got experiences with them?

Thanks!

Comments

• PandyPandy Member

have you asked them?

Thanked by 1levnode
  • levnodelevnode Member

Pandy said: have you asked them?

Yes, but no response at all. :D

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

If full 4 weeks notice (30 days?) is required, assuming effective at the end of the period, this might have slipped by a day or two - double check the dates.

Or try to call them perhaps ?

Thanked by 1levnode
  • FalzoFalzo Member

technically if the service started at march 05th the last day of each monthly period will be the 04th. so cancellation on april 06th might have been just one day late, depending on the time it reached them? in what way did you cancel after all?
    have you been on a monthly contract? maybe it has been 3-month term from the beginning...

afaik they send the invoice quite early so I agree it's suprprising you haven't got an invoice yet. maybe the date in the panel is just wrong and you probably see if the service is still available after the weekend? on the other you should have gotten some kind of confirmation to your cancellation anyway...

Thanked by 2levnode Clouvider
  • levnodelevnode Member

@Falzo said:
    technically if the service started at march 05th the last day of each monthly period will be the 04th. so cancellation on april 06th might have been just one day late, depending on the time it reached them? in what way did you cancel after all?
    have you been on a monthly contract? maybe it has been 3-month term from the beginning...

afaik they send the invoice quite early so I agree it's suprprising you haven't got an invoice yet. maybe the date in the panel is just wrong and you probably see if the service is still available after the weekend? on the other you should have gotten some kind of confirmation to your cancellation anyway...

Thank you, now I got it. Howerver, the invoice is still missing. Hmm...

• levnode said: The problem is in the contract overview section, they state that the contract end date is June-04. Moreover, they haven't sent me the invoice for May if I have to pay.

It seems that their system just automatically switches dates when another month passes i.e. on the 3rd of May it switches the end date from May 4 to June 4 and they cannot control or change it. Just my assumption. I don't think they will send you an invoice for May, I think they will cancel the server as they should.