Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Post removed]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Post removed]

Shockbyte_JShockbyte_J Member
edited October 2013 in General

Removed post due to objections of several forum members.

Comments

• "This is a public service announcement..."

Not sure why this needs its own thread, just about every decent provider who was awake took their WHMCS down, do I need to make a thread to?

Thanked by 1Spencer
  • Jono20201 said "Not sure why this needs its own thread"

because he wants me to be an asshole and ask this question :P --> shockbyte, did you run a thorough security audit of your installation and server before applying the patching and re-enabling access? I'm only asking because a) there was a short interval in which an attacker could have compromised installations in between the time when the exploit was published and when providers began disabling access, and b) there are some WHMCS users whose knowledge of security is...umm limited.

• irmirm Member

Patiently awaiting an OrbitServers.com thread stating that they are back to 100% functionality.

• I see absolutely nothing wrong with ShockByte posting this. More providers should do the same. All the general bitching and whining comments can go to http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/14347/whmcs-5-2-7-vulnerability

Thanked by 1Shockbyte_J
  • @sleddog said:
    More providers should do the same.

I hope not. There are other ways to inform own clients (and ONLY own clients!) about those matters. If "every" host do this we can dedicate first 5 pages of LET only to those notifications.

• @Spirit said:
    I hope not. There are other ways to inform own clients (and ONLY own clients!) about those matters. If "every" host do this we can dedicate first 5 pages of LET only to those notifications.

Provider notices could go in one thread -- e.g., rename this one -- and delete move the endless cruft that buries informative posts.

• But why do you want to read public board notifications from 100+ random hosts you don't use that they have billing system up? You said that more providers should post it. Solely from readers perspective - why?

Thanked by 2awson DalComp
  • I'd rather read responsive posts from providers that demonstrate they're alive and well and on top of things, rather than endless opinions, what-ifs, shoulda's and coulda's from the masses.

• @Spirit We posted this here because our official thread was deleted after some sort of database malfunction: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/14242/where-did-14-26-september-threads-go

If you would like us to remove or move this thread, go ahead. The only intention was to quickly reach the bulk of our vps users.

• I'd rather read responsive posts from providers that demonstrate they're alive and well and on top of things,

Can we limit the responsive posts to providers who aren't still in high school and don't post 'how to hack Windows' videos? :)

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Shockbyte_J said:
    The only intention was to quickly reach the bulk of our vps users.

How long does emailing them take? Serious question, just confused.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • krokro Member

Email as mentioned would be the best method.

• Wish some other providers were as proactive as you at patching, then again I have had 5 emails today off providers telling me their portals are back on -.-/

Thanked by 1Shockbyte_J