Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just got this from OVH..
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Just got this from OVH..

manacitmanacit Member
edited October 2013 in Providers

I ordered a KS2G when they were first released, and there was NO indication that you had to be within the EU to order them. I got it provisioned same-day, and all seemed to be well. I just went to renew for another 3 months, got this:

I am just emailing you in regards to your order #######. Unfortunately this can not be accepted as you are a resident outside of the EU and the 2013 Kimsufi servers were limited to within the EU only upon their release.

However in the first few weeks of orders our system was not updated to include this new rule so unfortunately some orders slipped through the cracks. Now that the system has been updated to include this rule, it will not accept renewals of these KS servers for customers outside the EU even if they were allowed to receive them in the beginning.

Therefore this means that you will be unable to renew your Kimsufi with us and your order has been rejected on this occasion so your money should still be with your Bank.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

REALLY?!

It didn't slip through shit, I ordered it it before any limits.

Thanked by 2rm_ Asim

Comments

• udkudk Member

You'd think they'd allow the ones that slipped through (their mistake) to continue...

• And then they complain about "churn rate"...

Thanked by 1DomainBop
  • As soon as I make sure I have all my data off, I'll be opening a paypal dispute for the first three months, purely out of spite. I expected to be able to use the server when I bought it (there were no restrictions), to be told I can't only after I try to renew, not after they started with the restrictions, is annoying.

Even if I don't win, whatever, they can handle it.

• You can't open a paypal dispute after such long time. Paypal's limit is 60 days.

• manacitmanacit Member
    edited October 2013

Seems to be letting me?

I'm not actually going to (yet), I just wanted to threaten to see if it'd change their minds. It's cute that they're so worried about churn but won't take my money!

• Seems reasonable. The agreed contract term is 3 months and either party has the right to not renew the contract after that period.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2013

Therefore this means that you will be unable to renew your Kimsufi with us and your order has been rejected on this occasion so your money should still be with your Bank.

I dooooon't get it, do they tell you you can use it till your paid term runs out but then unable to renew, OR (as the second part implies) they are cancelling and refunding you in full right now?

• @rm_ said:
    I dooooon't get it, do they tell you you can use it till your paid term runs out but then unable to renew, OR (as the second part implies) they are cancelling and refunding you in full right now?

It was probably going to auto-renew or something? So they are saying the next three months have not been billed I imagine.

• flyfly Member

mad?

• It's kinda funny to do stuff like this when they're freaking out over churn... maybe if they didn't take giant shits on their customers they might actually keep some customer loyalty.

Thanked by 2rds100 dnwk
  • @manacit said:
    Some company is refusing me service because they changed their terms since I signed up with them. I'd better chargeback :(

Stop crying.

• manacitmanacit Member
    edited October 2013

@awson said:
    I'm a dumb loser

stop being a dumb loser

That was easy!

I'm not crying, I'm just frustrated that I signed on when there were no restrictions, and they didn't feel fit to inform me I wouldn't be able to renew until I tried to. I'm (threatening) to charge back because I hope they'll change their mind! I haven't even done it yet. For what it's worth, I don't think it's fair that they can change the terms of service like that all of a sudden - I know if a LEB host did that and started canceling service people would be upset. It's no way to run a business.

I also wanted to post this to warn anyone else who may have ordered from outside of the EU before they started canceling. It might be something good to know!

Thanked by 1rm_
  • aMunsteraMunster Member
    edited October 2013

Either party can discontinue the contract. This is standard. A business can refuse service for any reason, even if you are not disruptive. As long as you paid for and received X months, a chargeback is invalid.

In lurking on LEB/LET, I've learned paypal disputes used as leverage are inappropriate and often fail.

• Maybe I was heavy-handed in posting I was going to charge back, I haven't even replied to them yet. I guess I'll just let it go! I'm just annoyed ;)

• Hello manacit, Can you please transfer me the server? I am looking for this server from OVH but they have stopped selling them. Please contact me

• @n0my said:
    Hello manacit, Can you please transfer me the server? I am looking for this server from OVH but they have stopped selling them. Please contact me

u out of your mind or just can't read?

• n0myn0my Member
    edited October 2013

Read what? I have read the whole thread.
    That message was for manacit not Mati. Did you read that?

• @manacit I know how you feel.. I ordered a server before they put the restriction, but mine was never approved so after the currency exchange I lost $5 when they eventually refunded my money, dealing with OVH is frustrating to say the least!

• MatiMati Member
    edited October 2013

@n0my said:
    Read what? I have read the whole thread.
    That message was for manacit not Mati. Did you read that?

1. so why don't you send him priv message? you post publicly if you haven't noticed.
    2. it was written 100 times on this forum that KS 2013 are NOT transferable
    3. manicit can't extend the server lease (as he wrote in this tread) so he is also not able pay for the server, take money from you and give you the details of his account. Also IMO such practices should not be encouraged on this forum as they are risky and everyone doing that should know potential consequences.

so in short I don't see a way you can get server from him

• Well, I have transferred one of my OVH servers to someone on here before so idk what you are on about but whatever, I just wait for his reply. Thanks for your input anyway.

• @n0my said:
    Well, I have transferred one of my OVH servers to someone on here before so idk what you are on about but whatever, I just wait for his reply. Thanks for your input anyway.

so answer yourself if it was KS 2013

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2013

@manacit said:
    Maybe I was heavy-handed in posting I was going to charge back, I haven't even replied to them yet. I guess I'll just let it go! I'm just annoyed ;)

They have not treated you in a respectful manner, I say you should use every last chance to hassle them as much as possible, Paypal dispute or whatever else you can. If I am ordering the server with the expectation to use it long-term, and then learn that it's not going to happen, then I'd consider my time wasted, with more effort spent in setting up the server and migrating my services, than any benefit gained from the couple of months I was able to use it. Of course it's unrealistic to ask for any compensation beyond a refund, but a full refund doesn't seem unreasonable.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • Pew, stinky frenchmen.

• @serverian said:
    Pew, stinky frenchmen.

Frog You!

• They should have just let you slip by, but they do have an understandable reason.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited October 2013

"We are ovh, we can just do this, we are in france. We lost all wars, thats why you get revenge by us" haha i never laughed so hard.

Thanked by 1Mati
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Actually, France didnt lose all wars, neither did Germany or any other country, there were so many wars that at least one could have been won.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Anyway, this is expected, they are still having a backlog of undelivered servers and every excuse is good for "freeing" some, since they can no longer buy new ones.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited October 2013

@serverian said:
    Pew, stinky frenchmen.

Mom and dad Klaba and their two sons Oles and Brother of Oles immigrated to France in 1991 from Poland...and now all 4 of them spend their days at OVH thinking of ways to piss off Maounique :P

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Odd...I've had a Kimsufi for ~1 year and just renewed it.> @Maounique said:

Anyway, this is expected, they are still having a backlog of undelivered servers and every excuse is good for "freeing" some, since they can no longer buy new ones.

Why can't they buy new ones?