Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

[Domain auction] 2 chars + novelty - Let's entertain the lab edition!

[Domain auction] 2 chars + novelty - Let's entertain the lab edition!

SaragoldfarbSaragoldfarb Member
edited April 28 in Domains

I have the following domains for sale. Don't be shy as summer is comming and I need to get some new toys for the labrador to keep him occupied while I'm chilling at the beach.

Some short domains (renews at 12,99):

1 i5 (.nu) - versio.eu (16.10.2018)

2 i8 (.nu) - versio.eu (08.10.2018)

3 L3 (.nu) - versio.eu (13.10.2018)

And some novelty domains:

4 emailsnatcher (.com) - godaddy.com (20.10.2018)

5 websecurer (.com) - godaddy.com (16.09.2018)

6 storagedomain (.com) - godaddy.com (16.08.2018)

7 sharedhosting (.nu) - versio.eu (21.10.2018)

Offers start at $7 with a $1 increment.

Additional info:

• Auction ends May 4, 24:00 CEST (Amsterdam).
  • Payment by Paypal
  • Free push to your account at current registrar if you like.
  • Please bid on numbers and refrain from posting the domainname.
Tagged:

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Member, Provider

7 - $7

MXroute.io - SMTP Relay Service, powered by MailChannels, fully automated, LET plans

MXroute.com - Email Hosting, powered by MailChannels

• Thanks for drawing first blood at @MikePT :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • TomTom Member, Host Rep

3 $7

I recommend Clouvider, Ramnode, HostUS

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • AuroraZAuroraZ Member

Number 4 @ 7 dollars U.S.

Dont'TalkAboutLetClub @WSS is an underwear thief!

upto32.com Retro at it's best

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb

@Saragoldfarb said: Thanks for drawing first blood at @MikePT :)

More than happy to. Btw the extension means naked in portuguese. Damn hilarious.

MXroute.io - SMTP Relay Service, powered by MailChannels, fully automated, LET plans

• ZenZen Member

3 $8

curl -L range.website

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • deankdeank Member

@MikePT, are you planning to open nude sharedhosting if you do win the domain?

The customer is usually wrong, 666% of time.

Thanked by 2Saragoldfarb MikePT
  • @MikePT said:

@Saragoldfarb said: Thanks for drawing first blood at @MikePT :)

More than happy to. Btw the extension means naked in portuguese. Damn hilarious.

Lol, possibilities are endless then :). Should have added an adult tag!

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Saragoldfarb said: Please bid on numbers and refrain from posting the domainname

You've already posted them in text

• @jetchirag said:

Saragoldfarb said: Please bid on numbers and refrain from posting the domainname

yeah, missed the .coms as I posted but edited it right away. Not really an issue on these anyway as lets face it, no-one's gonna build a million dollar buisiness on these domains but it's just good practise in general.

Thanked by 1jetchirag
  • EveNekoEveNeko Member
    1. $7
    Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • AuroraZAuroraZ Member

@Saragoldfarb said:

@jetchirag said:

Saragoldfarb said: Please bid on numbers and refrain from posting the domainname

yeah, missed the .coms as I posted but edited it right away. Not really an issue on these anyway as lets face it, no-one's gonna build a million dollar buisiness on these domains but it's just good practise in general.

I am going to build a 10 Million Dollar business on the one I bid on. Why wouldn't I?

• donlidonli Member
    edited April 28

6 would be a great name for a cloud store business.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • FHRFHR Member, Provider

3 - $10

Affordable Semi-Dedicated VPS - Enjoy the performance to the fullest extent. | 40% OFF promo

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Provider

I bid $11 on all domains.

India VPS with IPv6 | Taiwan VPS | Japan VPS (SoftBank DC) | South Korea VPS | Hong Kong VPS | Lithuania VPS | Serbia VPS with IPv6 | Poland VPS with IPv6

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member

2 and 6 - $12

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • AuroraZAuroraZ Member

Number 4 @ 15 dollars U.S.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb

3 - $12

Affordable Semi-Dedicated VPS - Enjoy the performance to the fullest extent. | 40% OFF promo

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • EveNekoEveNeko Member

1 - $12

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • @AuroraZ said:

@Saragoldfarb said:

@jetchirag said:

I am going to build a 10 Million Dollar business on the one I bid on. Why wouldn't I?

Yeah but you're special :) On a serious note, come to think of it it doesn't really matter. There's lot of decent companies using really shitty domains.

Thanked by 1Hoost
  • @Saragoldfarb said:

@AuroraZ said:

@Saragoldfarb said:

@jetchirag said:

Yeah but you're special :) On a serious note, come to think of it it doesn't really matter. There's lot of decent companies using really shitty domains.

Okay, seriously, what's the big idea with people hiding the domain name? The domain is bought on an auction, so what? There's no shame in buying a domain. It's not stolen. I don't understand.

@Janevski said:

@Saragoldfarb said:

@AuroraZ said:

@Saragoldfarb said:

@jetchirag said:

Okay, seriously, what's the big idea with people hiding the domain name? The domain is bought on an auction, so what? There's no shame in buying a domain. It's not stolen. I don't understand.

You enter the domain name into Google and the first thing that's going to show up is LET.

• donlidonli Member

@Saragoldfarb said:

Only some yahoo would think a domain name doesn't matter. Don't believe me just google it.

• @donli said:

@Saragoldfarb said:

Only some yahoo would think a domain name doesn't matter. Don't believe me just google it.

Hehe, I agree with you but it's just added value. If you deliver a good product and your marketing is ok you'll be fine without that very multi premium estibot valued $100.000 domain :)

• @Janevski said:

@Saragoldfarb said:

@AuroraZ said:

@Saragoldfarb said:

@jetchirag said:

It's just the way the market is. Most companies don't like if clients know they just 'bought' their 'brand/domain' instead of coming up with it themselve. Also they don't like it when everybody knows how much they spent on it. Be it a couple of k or just some $. It's all part of the big marketing conspiracy :)

• donlidonli Member

@Saragoldfarb said:

Also they don't like it when everybody knows how much they spent on it. Be it a couple of k or just some $. It's all part of the big marketing conspiracy :)

If I don't actually know how much someone spent for a domain I just assume they bought it for $9 from some registrar.

@deank said: @MikePT, are you planning to open nude sharedhosting if you do win the domain?

Most likely.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • 3 - $15

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • AmitXAmitX Member

3-$25

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • Quick recap:

1 @EveNeko $12

2 @Mr_Tom $12

3 @AmitX $25

4 @AuroraZ $15

5 @BlaZe $11

6 @Mr_Tom $12

7 @BlaZe $11

• @donli said:

@Saragoldfarb said:

whats that thing you call google? :)

• donlidonli Member

@Saragoldfarb said:

Some crazy name someone choose. Don't know how people even find the website, who knows how to spell "google"? They should have chosen a good domain name like ask.com or find.com.

• @donli said:

@Saragoldfarb said:

Some crazy name someone choose. Don't know how people even find the website, who knows how to spell "google"? They should have chosen a good domain name like ask.com or find.com.

:) I'm sure they'd actually would love to have those!

• Roughly 2 days to go... @MikePT You gave up on your new nudy brand? :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • 1 day to go. I won't be around tomorrow but feel free to surprise me with more bids when I return!

1 $14

• Thanks for the bid @Tom just in time. Less than an hour to go.

Thanked by 1Tom
  • We're now at:

1 @Tom $14

2 @Mr_Tom $12

3 @AmitX $25

4 @AuroraZ $15

5 @BlaZe $11

6 @Mr_Tom $12

7 @BlaZe $11

• Auction ended and winners are in my post above. I will contact everyone tomorrow to get things sorted. Thanks all! The lab appreciates your bids :)

Thanked by 1Tom

Paid and received - cheers!

Thanked by 1FHR
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Provider

Damm, I really wanted the 4th & 6th domain too.

@AuroraZ & @Mr_Tom, incase you are willing to sell it I am open for offers :D

@Saragoldfarb, Sending you the payment right away.

India VPS with IPv6 | Taiwan VPS | Japan VPS (SoftBank DC) | South Korea VPS | Hong Kong VPS | Lithuania VPS | Serbia VPS with IPv6 | Poland VPS with IPv6

• Cheers people!

• AuroraZAuroraZ Member

I just paid Sara for it. I am not sure if GoDaddy locks them after transfer. I suppose we can work it out that it is transferred right to you instead of me. PM me and let me know.

• GoDaddy will lock for just 10 days after push and owner update if you do it right. I'll send auth or push to whoever/wherever you want ;)

Thanked by 1AuroraZ

@Saragoldfarb said: Roughly 2 days to go... @MikePT You gave up on your new nudy brand? :)

Had to take a few days off. Congratulations to the winners though!!! :)

• cociucociu Member, Provider