Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows 2008 r2 with virtio direct link!!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows 2008 r2 with virtio direct link!!!

DraftDraft Member
edited April 2018 in Providers

Please give me some feedback so that if there is a problem I can fix it.

Direct Download Here!!!

[UPDATE]
Working fine ill delete this after 12 hours..

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I mean... it literally states, please mount an ISO, you are not booting from ISO, or probably not catching the press any key to boot from cd/DVD prompt fast enough.

What the hell is with all these zero effort threads for people that don't know how to install windows.. this is the 3rd in 24 hours.

• DraftDraft Member

@AnthonySmith I'm using it on VULTR how can I mount it?

• @Draft said:
    @AnthonySmith I'm using it on VULTR how can I mount it?

search at vultr knowledge base, if you can't find any ... then open ticket for their customer support.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

How are you going to license Windows Server 2008?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Draft said: Please give me some feedback so that if there is a problem I can fix it.

Direct Download Here!!!

Why are you offering us a download link?

• DraftDraft Member

@kassle ok ill try...

edited April 2018

Draft said: @AnthonySmith I'm using it on VULTR how can I mount it?

Are you kidding me, I am not sure how you even managed to buy a VPS, this is so incredibly basic.

login, select VPS, go to settings, select Custom ISO, upload/manage to upload your ISO, select your ISO from the drop down, click 'Attach ISO and Reboot'

Then, you need to be ready as you have maybe 3 useable seconds as the windows installer will bring up a message that says 'Press any key to boot from CD/DVD' if you dont press any key it will just try and boot from the hard disk instead which will say no bootable disk found or something like that.

This is often a big issue for people with high latency from vultr's html5 vnc as they miss the prompt to press any key before they even get the vnc console loaded.

• DraftDraft Member
    edited April 2018

AnthonySmith said: Are you kidding me, I am not sure how you even managed to buy a VPS, this is so incredibly basic.

login, select VPS, go to settings, select Custom ISO, upload/manage to upload your ISO, select your ISO from the drop down, click 'Attach ISO and Reboot'

Then, you need to be ready as you have maybe 3 useable seconds as the windows installer will bring up a message that says 'Press any key to boot from CD/DVD' if you dont press any ky it will just try and boot from the hard disk instead which will say no bootable disk found or something like that.

This is often a big issue for people with high latency from vultr's html5 vnc as they miss the prompt to press any key before they even get the vnc console loaded.

It worked thanks admin LET is the best...

Draft said: I tried it but still doesn't work

Please, try and put some effort in to your troubleshooting.

"doesn't work" is incredibly unhelpful.

What part of the 10 or so steps I mentioned "doesn't work"?

Does any ISO boot? if so which ones have you tried?

What is your latency to your VPS IP?

What specifically does not work, do you see any prompt to press any key?

Does it work with the windows server trial media?

Have you opened a ticket with vultr to say the server is not booting from ISO and what did they say?

Have you tried the ISO locally on say vmware player of virtualbox, does it work on that?

You know... regular basic troubleshooting.

• DraftDraft Member

AnthonySmith said: Please, try and put some effort in to your troubleshooting.

"doesn't work" is incredibly unhelpful.

What part of the 10 or so steps I mentioned "doesn't work"?

Does any ISO boot? if so which ones have you tried?

What is your latency to your VPS IP?

What specifically does not work, do you see any prompt to press any key?

Does it work with the windows server trial media?

Have you opened a ticket with vultr to say the server is not booting from ISO and what did they say?

Have you tried the ISO locally on say vmware player of virtualbox, does it work on that?

You know... regular basic troubleshooting.

It's working fine now admin thanks for your help...

Draft said: It's working fine now admin thanks for your help...

please describe what fixed it or what you were doing wrong so other searching like you can get the solution?

• DraftDraft Member

AnthonySmith said: please describe what fixed it or what you were doing wrong so other searching like you can get the solution?

I followed this select VPS, go to settings, select Custom ISO, upload/manage to upload your ISO, select your ISO from the drop down, click 'Attach ISO and Reboot'

• @AnthonySmith I have been wondering the same thing for over a week now. It is not just Windows it is all the basic things, that can be easily googled.

I don't mind helping people out, but I won't hand answers to people. I will point them in the right direction so they can learn themselves.

Handing them an easy answer does nothing esoecially if they run a business.

Thanked by 1deank

so essentially the only possible way to do it works fine you just did not try and help yourself or even ask your host for assistance first... I cant even get my head around that.... its insane.

Thanked by 1Clouvider