Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We want LEB and LET stats!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

We want LEB and LET stats!!

OneTwoOneTwo Member
edited February 2012 in General

What about a munin page or a page with status like "free -m - ps aux - df -h - ..." for LEB and LET?
That would be cool!

@LowEndAdmin @Chief

Comments

• You probably could have asked them in a PM...

• s/We/I/

• why do we need to have status of LEB/LET?
    who will be benefit from having or not having it.
    For me, it is ok without it.

• s/I/We, wouldn't it be Interesting?

• LEB/LET is hosted at Linode. Folks that work consistently with php can make an accurate guess as to how much memory is used; anyone with webhosting experience knows about how much HDD space Vanilla and Wordpress need.

I don't see where the 'interesting' part comes in.

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • nvrtrustnvrtrust Member
    edited February 2012

@Aldryic said: I don't see where the 'interesting' part comes in.

For those who do not work consistently with php?

Also, isn't ironic that the very site where we search for a low end box is hosted at linode which is definitely not low end

• Considering LEB Advertisements are $50 - $80 a Pop, LEB Generating over $500 alone per month. I am not surprised that it is hosted with Linode.

• @nvrtrust said: Also, isn't ironic that the very site where we search for a low end box is hosted at linode which is definitely not low end

It's hosted at Linode because they're not lowend. It keeps the site fair and unbiased, as opposed to Chief choosing one of the companies here to host on.

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • innyainnya Member
    edited February 2012

@jacob you got the point. LEB uses to be on Lowendbox of quickweb.
    ad customers do not mind that is on leb or linode and they aware of that lEb on leb.
    The main reason LEA move to linode in order to avoid affiliation with any of LEB providers.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Generated in 0.218 seconds

That's all I care about. :)

• @KuJoe said: That's all I care about. :)

Generated in 0.186 seconds.
  • Generated in 0.082 seconds. B1tches!

• I have a 128mb OVZ running mysqld (default yum config) and httpd (30 MaxClients) with a Vanilla Forums on it. I'm going to guess that LET is on a 256mb.

• Generated in fast enough

• @Naruto said: httpd (30 MaxClients)

LEB uses nginx btw.

• I also use CentOS 5 on mine. I still guess it's at least on a 256.

• If they are hosted at Linode, then its 512 is their lowest account. Just thought I would chime in on that.

• @BoGs said: If they are hosted at Linode, then its 512 is their lowest account

Exactly

• It would be interesting to see the live stats, that's for sure. It is already quite interesting how both LEB and LET are hosted on such a lowend VPS setup :).

Regards, Ethan

• They are prob not very interesting at all really. Ram usage would prob stay pretty steady according to the hours of the day.

I'd imagine it's only just a couple hits/second, you'd see more memory/cpu usage with MySQL then anything else.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@FTNEthan said: It is already quite interesting how both LEB and LET are hosted on such a lowend VPS setup

They used to be, not they are hosted on Linode for both fairness and ease of operation.

• At least the could be on a low-end 256mb vps. that could handle it.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2012

@DotVPS said: I think its wrong that its on linode..

They should be on a LEB what they advertise..

yea but then it becomes a big chicken pecking fit when any of those LEB's break. Happened to 2HOST, quickweb & enetsouth. LEA also felt inclined to have to keep people informed of when a service was hosted with an LEB in his posts.

Francisco

• @BoGs said: If they are hosted at Linode, then its 512 is their lowest account.

But there's an option in Linode's control panel to limit available RAM, so maybe it's turned down to 64mb to give that low end feel :)

• @DotVPS said: I think its wrong that its on linode..

It does impart impartiality though.

• @Francisco said: yea but then it becomes a big chicken pecking fit when any of those LEB's break.

I for one would not want the honor of hosting LEB/LET as it is an abuse magnet for DDoS