Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflare or MaxCDN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudflare or MaxCDN

Hello,
I have an eCommerce website and to improve my website speed performance, I need to either subscribe to cloudflare or MaxCDN service.

Cloudflare pro package comes at 20$/month

MaxCDN basic package comes at 9$/month.

I m confused for which service i should go now for performance.
As i have seen at other blogs that Clouflare present the cached version of static objects while MaxCDN present the site as it is (live version), but i m not sure if its correct.

If any of you guys have any experience with these in the past can please suggest me for which one i should go or which one perform well?

Thanks a lot

Comments

• donlidonli Member

Have you looked at BunnyCDN as well?

https://bunnycdn.com/

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @donli said:
    Have you looked at BunnyCDN as well?

https://bunnycdn.com/

no i havent looked at it, as i have heard a lot from other people about Cloudflare and MaxCDN.
    but i will look into it now to see how it sounds.
    thnx

• donlidonli Member
    edited April 2018

@ahmadtalal0786 said:

no i havent looked at it, as i have heard a lot from other people about Cloudflare and MaxCDN.
    thnx

@BunnySpeed is active here on LET and there are several users of their service here.

Thanked by 1BunnySpeed
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@donli said:

@ahmadtalal0786 said:

thnx

@BunnySpeed is active here on LET and there are several users of their service here.

Aye! Bunny is very responsive!

• i'll choose go with cloudflare, but have you checked bunnycdn it work great for me.

• donlidonli Member

@warrior said:
    i'll choose go with cloudflare, but have you checked bunnycdn it work great for me.

Cloudflare (free) DNS is awesome.

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

Cloudflare +1

• Yes i have used cloudflare free version for about a month but didnt find any difference. my website page loading speed is about 7 seconds and when i added my website to cloudflare then it went to around 8.5 seconds.

Note: my website is fully optimized and at google page speed test its scored 98/100

• niknik Member, Host Rep

@ahmadtalal0786 said:
    Yes i have used cloudflare free version for about a month but didnt find any difference. my website page loading speed is about 7 seconds and when i added my website to cloudflare then it went to around 8.5 seconds.

Note: my website is fully optimized and at google page speed test its scored 98/100

Google Pagespeed is useless for real world testing. 7 seconds is way too much and simply adding Cloudflare without knowing what is wrong won't help at all. What takes so long to load? I doubt it's the assets, which Cloudflare or any CDN will help you with.

• @ahmadtalal0786 said:
    Yes i have used cloudflare free version for about a month but didnt find any difference. my website page loading speed is about 7 seconds and when i added my website to cloudflare then it went to around 8.5 seconds.

7 second page load time is ridiculous.

• @ahmadtalal0786 said:

I've noticed that too because simply sticking cloudflare to a buggy site never worked for me. Issues are number of requests and size etc are more important.

• @jetchirag
    @CyberneticTitan
    @nik

I m using wordpress and using flatsome theme which is highly optimized for eCommerce and also i m using WpRocket cache plugin which is one of the best plugin to optimize the website, I have minified HTML, CSS, and JS, also i have Asynced and Defere the scripts to footer.

I m also using image optimization plugin and all the images are optimized.

I dont use browser cache bcoz i constantly update my website.

I dont have much knowldege of Apache and Advance PHP to further optimize the website.

any help would be highly appreciated.
    thnx guys

• How many requests are there? If JS, can you combine?

Run the site through GTMetrix or Webpagetest - if you haven’t already and see what’s blocking the load

• @ahmadtalal0786 said:
    @jetchirag
    @CyberneticTitan
    @nik

I m using wordpress and using flatsome theme which is highly optimized for eCommerce and also i m using WpRocket cache plugin which is one of the best plugin to optimize the website, I have minified HTML, CSS, and JS, also i have Asynced and Defere the scripts to footer.

I dont have much knowldege of Apache and Advance PHP to further optimize the website.

thnx guys

A good place to start is to identify the issue. Where in the page load is it taking the most to load?

If you have Google Chrome, press F12 to open up DevTools and navigate to the Network tab. Once there, it will begin recording request/receive times and whatnot. Use SHIFT + F5 to perform a hard refresh and see what's up. You can also do this in Pingdom's web page test.

If you're spending too much time waiting for the server to respond you probably have a heavy install and probably want to lighten it. Identify WP plugins that are slowing down the load time. Also consider if the hosting/VPS package you have currently can handle your website.

• edited April 2018

@LeonDynamic said:
    How many requests are there? If JS, can you combine?

Run the site through GTMetrix or Webpagetest - if you haven’t already and see what’s blocking the load

I have now tested my site both at webpagetest and GTMetrix and the result is as follow

Webpagetest:

first byte: 0.57s

Start Render: 0.7s

Fully Loaded Time: 4.3s

Total Requests: 35

GTMetrix:

Load Time: 3.4s

Page Size: 1.05mb

Requests: 34

What do you think???

• The requests aren’t particularly high nor is the page size.

If you click into waterfall on GT and details on WPT it will show the load time for each element and will help to identify the issue. Is there a high amount wait time for the requests to load?

• @CyberneticTitan said:

@ahmadtalal0786 said:
    @jetchirag
    @CyberneticTitan
    @nik

thnx guys

A good place to start is to identify the issue. Where in the page load is it taking the most to load?

If you have Google Chrome, press F12 to open up DevTools and navigate to the Network tab. Once there, it will begin recording request/receive times and whatnot. Use SHIFT + F5 to perform a hard refresh and see what's up. You can also do this in Pingdom's web page test.

If you're spending too much time waiting for the server to respond you probably have a heavy install and probably want to lighten it. Identify WP plugins that are slowing down the load time. Also consider if the hosting/VPS package you have currently can handle your website.

I did the same using chrome dev tool. when i press F5 to referesh then Jquery.js appear first and waiting when its finish then the rest of the website starts rendering.

so is there any way to optimize jquery or what i can do to minimize this

• donlidonli Member

@ahmadtalal0786 said:

What do you think???

I think that's a lot of requests.

• @LeonDynamic said:
    The requests aren’t particularly high nor is the page size.

If you click into waterfall on GT and details on WPT it will show the load time for each element and will help to identify the issue. Is there a high amount wait time for the requests to load?

yes there are some element which are taking some time. for instance wc-ajax=get woocommerce basket script, its taking around 1.52 seconds.

there are two js scripts at cache folder at wordpress taking 786ms and 477ms.
    there is one my logo which is taking 632ms

the is talking less then 150ms

• This post remind me I have some free credit from bunnycdn.

• @donli said:

@ahmadtalal0786 said:

What do you think???

I think that's a lot of requests.

I have combined all the CSS and there JS but there are several JS script which I didnt, before that all the requests were around 75 but now i have reduced it to 34,

but My website is Ecommerce and i need many plugins to run for different functions.

• I assume you are testing the home page? Does WooCommerce (wc-ajax=get woocommerce) need to load on main page or just on the product pages?

On plugins - can you look at adding the code to the functions.php directly rather than running multiple plugins.

• jetchiragjetchirag Member
    edited April 2018

ahmadtalal0786 said: Requests: 34

Not many to cause much trouble. For ecommerce, I hope you are using VPS with enough resources and settings.

Plus, I have free and paid credits from bunnycdn, if you are interested, I can create a zone for you for testing for a week or month.

Edit: Taken statement back because user registered yesterday.

• niknik Member, Host Rep

If you provide us with the URL we could look into it ourselves.

• donlidonli Member

@nik said:
    If you provide us with the URL we could look into it ourselves.

s/look into/DDOS/

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • LeonDynamicLeonDynamic Member
    edited April 2018

@ahmadtalal0786 - I have just seen your other thread and your current plan is a shared plan from hostinger. That will a big contributing factor to your issue. Find a more reputable host.

• HxxxHxxx Member

For a wordpress full of crap , 3.4 seconds is stellar. Don't get too obsessed with it.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

BunnyCDN is amazing, great support too!

Thanked by 1BunnySpeed
  • what about amazon cloudfront? there is a free tier, so you can estimate further cost.

How amazon look with other providers?
    Anyone have made a tests? Any experience?

• @donli said:
    Cloudflare (free) DNS is awesome.

+1 for at least trying Cloudflare free before paying for a CDN. Looks like you may be having some other issues that need to be sorted out first though.