Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone with spare BuyVM VPS to sell??
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

anyone with spare BuyVM VPS to sell??

netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran
edited February 2012 in General

As title, I'm looking for the cheapest one... I need it for VPN. Thanks!

Comments

• when do you need it? might have a spare 128mb openvz in a few weeks

• I have a spare 128MB OpenVZ :)

• The way Fran has been talking, in a couple of weeks everyone might have a spare. If you're buying one from someone I'd go ahead and want immediate delivery. ;)

• @Soylent said: The way Fran has been talking, in a couple of weeks everyone might have a spare. If you're buying one from someone I'd go ahead and want immediate delivery. ;)

• I lolled, but I take him at his word when he says soon. Of course, he's been saying 1 week for about 3 weeks. I got an informal "a few weeks" when I put in a ticket around Christmas. Maybe I'll just IRC stalk Aldryic.

• When they do restock it's only going to last a few hours before it's all gone. If you want one you had better sign up for the email notification or you might miss it.

• Well, part of what's taking us so long is we're setting a good bit of hardware... we're actually going to be doing stock in controlled bursts, with another node being added to the pool each week, instead of just a single massive sale like last time. Current estimates are that it'll take about a month and a half to sell out fully :3

• it's all a ruse to keep us interested. THEY'RE ACTUALLY SPENDING ALL THAT SEED MONEY ON COCAINE AND PROSTITUES

• @kbar said: it's all a ruse to keep us interested. THEY'RE ACTUALLY SPENDING ALL THAT SEED MONEY ON COCAINE AND PROSTITUES

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

• @kbar said: THEY'RE ACTUALLY SPENDING ALL THAT SEED MONEY ON COCAINE AND PROSTITUES

Only noobs do that.

• Just curious but why does it take BuyVM so long to get stock?

• KairusKairus Member
    edited February 2012

@Naruto said: Just curious but why does it take BuyVM so long to get stock?

They probably don't know how to install an OpenVZ kernel.

Thanked by 1Christian
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Well I'm not that desperate.. I can wait a few weeks... And OpenVZ is just fine, I just need VPN (PPTP/PPP/TUN) modules. If anyone wants to sell a spare or will not need it, I can buy it... thanks!

• @Naruto said: Just curious but why does it take BuyVM so long to get stock?

Because we choose to grow at our own pace. We have requirements that absolutely must be met before more provisioning is allowed.

• @Aldryic said: Because we choose to grow at our own pace. We have requirements that absolutely must be met before more provisioning is allowed.

What kind of requirements? If you can't say that's fine, just say what you can to sate our curiosity.

• Anything we deploy must undergo rigorous testing until we feel comfortable releasing to the general market. We're not just going to slap together some hardware, throw virtualization on it, and hope for the best.

• @Naruto said: What kind of requirements?

BuyVM's VPSes were provisioned by Jesus himself, and if you stand too close to the servers you are blinded by the heavenly light and deafened by the singing of 1000 angels

Thanked by 2Infinity Asim
  • So let it be written, so let it be done.

• @netomx: I have a spare one to sell.

• edited February 2012

@miTgiB LOL

• @miTgiB said: BuyVM's VPSes were provisioned by Jesus himself,

So, we need to wait for his resurrection

• I am waiting for one of these myself would love a us vpn for streaming :) canada is not so lucky :(

• vldvld Member
    edited February 2012

I have a 256mb KVM if anyone is interested, I really have no use for it anymore. PM.

• @yomero said: So, we need to wait for his resurrection

I think that is the true definition of soon to Fran.

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • Sick of the BuyVM memes with less humor than a Chuck Norris joke. If the company cannot be mentioned without an acceptable level of seriousness then maybe nobody should even mention it anymore. Flame on, fanboys.

• @Naruto said: Flame on, fanboys.

Troll better, not bigger

• C'mon, someone post the overused butthurt pic and further prove his point.

• Yes, and when I reply throw up the lookoutwegotabadassoverhere.jpg while you're at it.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Naruto said: ick of the BuyVM memes with less humor than a Chuck Norris joke. If the company cannot be mentioned without an acceptable level of seriousness then maybe nobody should even mention it anymore. Flame on, fanboys.

The guy with a Naruto avatar has speaked.