Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS under $2/month outside US/UK/NL
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS under $2/month outside US/UK/NL

JohnRoeJohnRoe Member
edited October 2013 in Requests

is there anybody know any vps plan below $2/m that located outside US/NL/UK? the cheaper, the better..

128MB RAM..
300-500GB bandwidth..
small diskspace since I will use it just for private openvpn..
tun/tap enabled..
contain centos 6 template..
openvz..

I got enough vps from US/NL/UK, so I want to find other location than that..

Comments

• torqhost, EDIS

• JohnRoeJohnRoe Member
    edited October 2013

edis??? <$2 openvz and 128MB??? I cant find it
    and torqhost?? there is no monthly plan for requrement I need... only annual

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

Canada or France acceptable?

• @BrianHarrison said:
    Canada or France acceptable?

yah.... absolutely...
    but I prefer monthly.

• Frankfurt with an old WeLoveServers special still going on - $9/qtr (not quite monthly, but better than annual, and only slightly over your $2) and Zurich from SSHVM for the same.

You could also see if anyone with the BlueVM $1 special in Zurich wants to transfer it to you..

• @ihatetonyy said:
    Frankfurt with an old WeLoveServers special still going on - $9/qtr (not quite monthly, but better than annual, and only slightly over your $2) and Zurich from SSHVM for the same.

You could also see if anyone with the BlueVM $1 special in Zurich wants to transfer it to you..

nice will buy them if no option available...but I will wait for @BrianHarrison reply 1st. want to see if he can get me france vps :)

• wiffelwiffel Member
    edited October 2013

Maybe the vStarter256 from comstownit for 1€/month ?
    comstownit.de/servers
    or
    lowendtalk ... 2euro-kvm-in-germany

I'm not sure if they allow VPN, but I didn't find anything saying you can't.
    I think they still have to add some centOS ISO's, but CentOS 6.4 seems to be available.

• their english version does not work on vps product page..
    btw, I need openvz

• How about https://mc-gameserver.de/index.php?page=server&kat=19? 1€/month and is in Germany. I believe you have to contact support about getting TUN/TAP enabled though.

• @psycholyzern said:
    their english version does not work on vps product page..
    btw, I need openvz

Yes. it helps if you can read German :-)

Just curious ... Why would you prefer OpenVZ over KVM ?

• @wiffel said:
    Just curious ... Why would you prefer OpenVZ over KVM ?

I only understand english :)
    I never use kvm before.I worried that I would messed with them.. and, I want to use the server for private openvpn, I only know how to setup them on ovz..

• @skybucks100 said:
    How about https://mc-gameserver.de/index.php?page=server&kat=19? 1€/month and is in Germany. I believe you have to contact support about getting TUN/TAP enabled though.

I cant understand a thing..

• OK, I understand. With KVM you will have to go through the setup of the OS yourself (which is not that hard to do).

Setting up OpenVPN in KVM or in OpenVZ is about the same.

• setup the OS on my own?? easy?? sound fun..
    what about tun/tap module?

• @psycholyzern said:
    setup the OS on my own?? easy?? sound fun..
    what about tun/tap module?

It's not that hard. It's mainly following a setup program and fill in the right things it asks: username, ip number, time-zone, ... After that part, it's almost the same as an openVZ VPS.

tun/tap should work out-of-the-box with KVM.

• there is plenty of tutorial on the net right?? Im interested to try with kwm.. btw, what you mean with work out-of-the-box with KVM ????
    Im sorry, but my best language is not english :)

• wiffelwiffel Member
    edited October 2013

Yes, YouTube has plenty of examples on how to install CentOS. Maybe you can have a look at one of them first.

With OpenVZ, tun/tap needs to be enabled by the provider. It's - most of the time - not enabled by default.

With KVM that is not the case. You kind of control the whole system including tun/tap devices. I'm using Ubuntu on my KVM instances, which has tun/tap devices setup by default. I'm not sure about CentOS, but I would guess it's about the same.

• I tried to google those things.. and suddenly my head saying "stay away from those things"
    there are too much setting to be tweaked.. will take too much time for newbie like me

• @psycholyzern said:
    I tried to google those things.. and suddenly my head saying "stay away from those things"
    there are too much setting to be tweaked.. will take too much time for newbie like me

I understand. It can be quite an overload of new things to learn when setting up servers ...

Good luck with your VPS.

• @wiffel said:

yah... btw, thanks

• @ihatetonyy said:
    Frankfurt with an old WeLoveServers special still going on - $9/qtr (not quite monthly, but better than annual, and only slightly over your $2) and Zurich from SSHVM for the same.

Was that a limited offer on Frankfurt? I went to the page and DE/ Frankfurt isn't listed.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

You can use KVM with templates, solus allows them now and can even scale :)
    Also Xen uses templates, so, no problem. TUN/TAP do not need any special module on xen/kvm, the vm has own kernel, therefore no special tweaks are needed.
    As for the monthly payment, you get a lot less if you insist on that because the paypal fees take a large chunk of the money. The only valid reason I can think of for monthly payments is that the VM will probably be suspended for abuse and you need to "lose" as little money on that.