Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Reliable cost per month/year VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Reliable cost per month/year VPS

Hello,
I have an eCommerce website and currently it is hosted on shared server. so the speed of the website is quite slow, 7 sec page load time. thats why i need to change from sharing to vps.
I dont have much knowledge about VPS companies because i am fairly new to this.
Thats why i am looking for help from you guys.

I am looking for reliable good uptime and fast server (not more then 20 to 30 dollars per month).
any help would be highly appreciated.
Thank you

Comments

• Hello, I have an eCommerce website and currently it is hosted on shared server. so the speed of the website is quite slow, 7 sec page load time. thats why i need to change from sharing to vps. I dont have much knowledge about VPS companies because i am fairly new to this. Thats why i am looking for help from you guys.

I am looking for reliable good uptime and fast server (not more then 20 to 30 dollars per month). any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you

• Hey!
    Have you consulted with your hosting provider? Did they confirm you need to upgrade?
    The first step is usually website optimization, have you looked into that? Anyway, if they confirmed that you need to upgrade, what was their recommendation for future tech specs?

• yes, I have consulted with them and they have told me that i need to upgrade to vps because each time I publish a product the website show me an error saying OUT OF RESOURCES.
    and about the optimization, my website is fully optimized, at google page speed test, my website score is 98/100. currently my website is hosted on hostinger and i believe that their server response time is also slow, they told me to upgrade to their vps but i did some research about vps providers, so i havent seen any review about hostinger vps and alos i think its not cloud vps.
    thanks for the comment

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited April 2018

A few things that might be worth telling us are:

1. How much disk space are you utilizing currently?
    2. How much bandwidth per month?
    3. Any preferred location?
    4. Do you have the expertise to manage the VPS yourself?
    5. Do you use WordPress for this? If so, how many plugins do you have currently?

Any other info like concurrent visitors/visitors per day/month would be helpful to make recommendations too.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

If it is a big shop yeah you should probably host your website on a VPS or a dedicated server, if you have no knowledge in sysadmin you should take a managed one.

• Thnx for comment,
    Currently my website is still in development and its fairly new like 2 months old. so currently i dont have that much traffic because i am still adding products to it.

1. currently i have around 250 product and aiming to have more then 2 thousands. I think the current disk space occupied by the images and plugins and wordpress is about 1.5GB (all images are optimized)

2. currently i dont have that much traffic so i think 1 to 3 TB would be more then enough.

3. well we deliver worldwide products and focusing on Europe and US, but its global.

4. yes i have little bit of knowledge about Linux, I used it several time using VMWARE and i think there would be a lot of tutorials on how to manage server with putty. (my thoughts)

5. Yes my website is based on wordpress and currently i think i have 25 plugins, I bought Flatsome theme which has its own page builder and slider so i dont use those 3d party plugins but i use plugins SEO, Security and different other stuff.

• @ahmadtalal0786 said:
    Thnx for comment,
    4. yes i have little bit of knowledge about Linux, I used it several time using VMWARE and i think there would be a lot of tutorials on how to manage server with putty. (my thoughts)

A little bit of knowledge isn't good enough, if the shop is your business mate...

• @drivex said:

@ahmadtalal0786 said:
    Thnx for comment,

A little bit of knowledge isn't good enough, if the shop is your business mate...

yes the shop is mine, so do you prefer that i should go for managed server?

• @ahmadtalal0786 said:

@drivex said:

@ahmadtalal0786 said:
    Thnx for comment,

If you only have minor knowledge of Linux then I would highly suggest a managed VPS but I'm not really seeing exactly why you're needing a VPS as I believe you would be fine on some higher end shared hosting but this is hard to judge.

If you have any other stats for your site then I'd be happy to look at them for a better idea of the situation.

• @IThinkUFailed said:

@ahmadtalal0786 said:

@drivex said:

@ahmadtalal0786 said:
    Thnx for comment,

If you only have minor knowledge of Linux then I would highly suggest a managed VPS but I'm not really seeing exactly why you're needing a VPS as I believe you would be fine on some higher end shared hosting but this is hard to judge.

If you have any other stats for your site then I'd be happy to look at them for a better idea of the situation.

I dont know, thats what hostinger support told that i need to upgrade for better performance and resources.
    Now I m stuck what to do so thats why i have posted here to get some help and idea that what to do next.

• NdhaNdha Member
    edited April 2018

Ahhhh Hostinger lol, they restrict resource a lot..

Currently, what is your shared hosting specs, Entry Processes, Physical Memory Usage, IOPS and I/O Usage ??

Something like this screenshoot : http://prntscr.com/j9fn2z (from BuyShared).

My Suggestions if this site still new and had Max 5-10K UV/PV /month then you choose good Shared Hosting in here:

1. BuyShared in US/EU @Francisco

2. ExtraVM @MikeA

3. Ramnode

Or Choose Hosting that use Litespeed and Enable Litespeed Cache.

If you're not familiar with self manage vps then choose good Shared Hosting.

• also my purpose to have vps is to have more resources and also fast loading website. at hostinger they have defined their shared server so one cant run more then 20 scripts at the same time otherwise the website goes OUT OF RESOURCES.

• edited April 2018

@Ndha said:
    Ahhhh Hostinger lol, they restrict resource a lot..

Currently, what is your shared hosting specs, Entry Processes, Physical Memory Usage, IOPS and I/O Usage ??

Something like this screenshoot : http://prntscr.com/j9fn2z (from BuyShared).

My Suggestions if this site still new and had Max 5-10K UV/PV /month then you choose good Shared Hosting in here:

1. BuyShared in US/EU @Francisco

2. ExtraVM @MikeA

3. Ramnode

Or Choose Hosting that use Litespeed and Enable Litespeed Cache.

If you're not familiar with self manage vps then choose good Shared Hosting.

ya hostinger. hahah. I dont know any of these specs because they are not specified at CPanel. It not the actual Cpanel rather they made their own Cpanel so on that nothing has declared about the specs. #doomed hahaha

• NdhaNdha Member

@ahmadtalal0786 said:

ya hostinger. hahah. I dont know any of these specs because they are not specified at CPanel. It not the actual Cpanel rather they made their own Cpanel so on that nothing has declared about the specs. #doomed hahaha

So, you can't see any stat when it OUT OF RESOURCES ??

have you try Plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/p3-profiler/ to see which plugin had slow load ??

Also 25 plugins is a lot for WP especially eCommerce..

• @Ndha said:

@ahmadtalal0786 said:

have you try Plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/p3-profiler/ to see which plugin had slow load ??

no, i havent used that plugin. let me try and see the result. I will update it here

• @ahmadtalal0786 said:

@Ndha said:

@ahmadtalal0786 said:

no, i havent used that plugin. let me try and see the result. I will update it here

I tried and test the site with that plugin but the result didnt come out as expected.
    result: https://prnt.sc/j9g8rh

as you can see in the picture above that the plugin is not showing all the details rather its showing as a whole.

• NdhaNdha Member

@ahmadtalal0786 said:
    I tried and test the site with that plugin but the result didnt come out as expected.

as you can see in the picture above that the plugin is not showing all the details rather its showing as a whole.

Check other Tabs..also follow plugin instructions..

• @Ndha said:

@ahmadtalal0786 said:

Check other Tabs..also follow plugin instructions..

I have checked all the tabs but nothing has to be found which shows about the different plugins taking different time. its only saying that the plugins are taking time and slowing your website, which plugins? didnt mention.

I have check out the above mentioned hosting providers. it sounds good but still i m confused whether to go for vps or shared.

• Also when i try to publish a product, it takes upto 3 minutes and then shows an error saying OUT OF RESOURCES. I asked the support team, they said that I cant run more then 20 scripts at a time, they said if you want more resources then you should upgrade to VPS

• BecomeWebHostBecomeWebHost Member
    edited April 2018

@ahmadtalal0786 said:
    Also when i try to publish a product, it takes upto 3 minutes and then shows an error saying OUT OF RESOURCES. I asked the support team, they said that I cant run more then 20 scripts at a time, they said if you want more resources then you should upgrade to VPS

It is free hosting from hostinger. A good shared host will be fine for you.

I recommend http://buyshared.net/

very good support.

• Things to consider when moving to a VPS

• Provider
    • OS & OS Knowledge
    • Panel Options

If you are going to self-manage you should try out some panel demos to see which fits your needs, or if you want cPanel bundled in you will need to look for a provider that does that (Or purchase separately, ofc)

I agree that 25 plugins is excessive. You say you don't use them all though? Maybe cut down to ones you use. I also think it may be beneficial at the early stages of your project to try alternative shared hosting providers with higher restrictions than your current provider, in case there's some leeway before you need to actually upgrade.

You said WordPress is 1.5GB disk space. Is that your entire website contents or are there other files? 1.5GB disk space is easy to get on a VPS at low cost. Do you know if it's SSD or HDD?

• @Hoost
    @BecomeWebHost

thank you guys for commenting. First of all that at hostinger i have business plan not free.

Yes i have 21 active plugins and i use all of them since they are like the core part of my website so i cant disable any of them.
    yes right now my website is at early stage and i m confused to go for VPS or another cloud shared hosting because as i have seen other people videos, they said cloud shared hosting is far more better then normal shared hosting.

about the diskspace, yes it 1.5GB currently along with wordpress, images and plugins. but currently i have around 250 products at my website and i m aiming to have like 2500 products so i think i need around 20 to 30 GB space for the whole website to be completed.

At google web page speed tool, my website score is 98 which mean that its fully optimized but still showing me this suggestion that i need to optimize my server response time which is out of my hand and the page load speed at GTMETRIX and PINGDOM is between 7 to 8.5 seconds which is quite high.

thats why i have posted the original question here whether i should go for VPS or another cloud shared hosting.
    My budget is about 20$ per month and i dont have much know about apache and linux. and i think Cpanel VPS is expensive then my budget or may be there is other out there which is not the much expensive.

any way guys can you please suggest me whether should i go for VPS or another shared server to bring my page speed under 1 to 2 seconds.

or VPS and another shared hosting doesnt make difference and i should go for CDN?

i tried Cloudflare and still has an account at cloudflare but no difference. the page load speed was the same.

Note: my home page size is 1.5mb and loads after 7 to 8.5 seconds

• ahmadtalal0786 said: thank you guys for commenting. First of all that at hostinger i have business plan not free.

I see...

ahmadtalal0786 said: i need around 20 to 30 GB space for the whole website to be completed.

okay then shared hosting will not work. you should find vps :)

• BecomeWebHost said: )

ahmadtalal0786 said: thats why i have posted the original question here whether i should go for VPS or another cloud shared hosting. My budget is about 20$ per month and i dont have much know about apache and linux. and i think Cpanel VPS is expensive then my budget or may be there is other out there which is not the much expensive.

Yeah cPanel alone is ~$12-15/month for vps license.
    there is vestacp free alaternative.

it's fairly simple to install but you can pay someone a onetime fee for installation if you can't install.

• @ahmadtalal0786 said:
    thank you guys for commenting. First of all that at hostinger i have business plan not free.

Yes i have 21 active plugins and i use all of them since they are like the core part of my website so i cant disable any of them.
    yes right now my website is at early stage and i m confused to go for VPS or another cloud shared hosting because as i have seen other people videos, they said cloud shared hosting is far more better then normal shared hosting.

I think shared hosting could fit your needs but probably from specific providers who don't limit your resources like your current one. Find one you can test that has a money back guarantee. In that case, you can play about, and if it doesn't work you'll definitely know you need a vps.

@ahmadtalal0786 said:
    about the diskspace, yes it 1.5GB currently along with wordpress, images and plugins. but currently i have around 250 products at my website and i m aiming to have like 2500 products so i think i need around 20 to 30 GB space for the whole website to be completed.

Perhaps looks for a host that's scaleable so you can upgrade disk as you need it?

@ahmadtalal0786 said:
    My budget is about 20$ per month and i dont have much know about apache and linux. and i think Cpanel VPS is expensive then my budget or may be there is other out there which is not the much expensive.

As BWH said, $12-$16 for cPanel license. Not including the license, you could get a decent VPS with your disk space and bandwidth. And as I said earlier, if you find somewhere scaleable you won't have to get a high end package straight up.

@ahmadtalal0786 said:
    any way guys can you please suggest me whether should i go for VPS or another shared server to bring my page speed under 1 to 2 seconds.

Realistically I'm not sure that's going to happen as there's just going to be so much content. You can definitely get it less than 7 though, I imagine.

@ahmadtalal0786 said:
    i tried Cloudflare and still has an account at cloudflare but no difference. the page load speed was the same.

How long did you have CloudFlare enabled for?

• thnx for the comment.
    Just wanna that how much RAM and Processor does it require to an ecommerce website smoothly.
    for instance around 3k people are browsing your website.

I asked hostinger to send me that stats and system specs.

They send me some graphs of my website performance.

as i saw it the graph was something non believable.

processor taken: 70KHz

memory taken: 64mb

is this true or what does this mean? why its taken so everything so small???

• edited April 2018

@Hoost said:

How long did you have CloudFlare enabled for?

i have used it for about a month but didnt notice any difference. by the way i m using 100mbps internet and at my local computer the page speed is about 7 seconds (non cached version). you can check it out at your computer then may you know that what is causing the problem because once i type the url then the website doesnt start loading at that instant but rather its making connection to the server and it take more time. after once the connection is make then the whole website loads in a second or two.

I have minified HTML, CSS, JS and also asynced CSS and defered JS to the footer,

my domain is: https://millycart.com

• here is the server response result at BITCATCHA

https://prnt.sc/j9vphn

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited April 2018

Using tools.pingdom.com

Load time 2.40 s - USA

Load time 4.80 s - Australia

Load time 1.52 s - Sweden

I see long wait time for https://millycart.com/?wordfence_lh=1&hid=9D72DCB7E33427FA9324688D8F1BD945&r=0.6292287828400731 some images and a facebook connect plugin. There are quite a few image cache suggestions when I test using the above site too.

• @Hoost said:
    Using tools.pingdom.com

Load time 2.40 s - USA

Load time 4.80 s - Australia

Load time 1.52 s - Sweden

I see long wait time for https://millycart.com/?wordfence_lh=1&hid=9D72DCB7E33427FA9324688D8F1BD945&r=0.6292287828400731 some images and a facebook connect plugin. There are quite a few image cache suggestions when I test using the above site too.

I m not sure why pingdom is now showing around 2 to 5 seconds.

Serve static content from a cookieless domain, what does this mean?

also i have a question. If i define browser caching in .htaccess then If i update my site or do some changes in already published products, they wont be updated in the old users browsers if they visit my site again. right?

and i think there is no way to flush the already cached version of the website from browsers right?