Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Windows VPS 1GB RAM with Canadian IP within 10$ budget (per month) max
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Windows VPS 1GB RAM with Canadian IP within 10$ budget (per month) max

tehseentehseen Member
edited April 2018 in Help

Hello every one,

Please note, I am not a tech geek.

I Need Windows VPS, w/t atleast 1GB RAM with Canadian IP within 10$ budget (per month) max. Any suggestions?

Can I use RDP? Is it same as VPS?

Purpose: I just need to operate my business activities (amazon store) from that vps (web hosting is NOT needed). Team from different locations (including the countries where amazon is not supported) will be working & as my id is canadian, amazon blocks a/c for security reasons if different IPs approach same seller a/c. I will also be uploading/editing images & spreadsheets (excel files/images etc) over my amazon store. So can I use linux, i mean is it compatible for it?

I am not a tech geek, & as I haven't ever used linux, so please comment over user friendliness/graphical interface of linux as Ubunto or CentOS etc. are the OS offered by Digital ocean (i.e. linux only, no windows).
Can I use VNC for ubunto to make it graphical & will it be as user friendly as windows?

& what about the type of files to be uploaded (xls & JPG etc) with respect to compatibility?

Comments

• Host4fun has some of their Canadian KVMs in stock. Windows is an option in the control panel. I've got a couple from a a few locations and they all work well. If everything is legal and not abusive, worth looking at at least.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/141809/8-locations-ssd-kvm-vps-windows-linux-vps-asia-europe-usa#latest

Thanked by 1RIYAD
  • freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

VNC from my experience is nowhere near as responsive as RDP, if Windows is what you and your users are accustomed to probably best to stick with it.

In terms of your question about RDP, RDP is the protocol used to access a Windows system remotely. I think there are some companies that will provide you with a Windows desktop, but you likely won't have any sort of administrative access to install programs, etc. If you're just using it to connect to a web-interface then that might not be an issue.

• MrMMrM Member

wishosting.com :) have canada ovh price variant 6-9USD / Month

• kp93kp93 Member

Hi try http://servarica.com/

They are good provider I think for 12$ approx, have one vps since 2014

Good support via chat too !

• currently one of my windows vps is at LunaNode, work just great but you have to install it by yourself.

but hey, installing windows is just like "accept agreement, next, next, ok, ok, yes, yes, finish", except partition part.