Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cant Play Vides to Windows Server 2008
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cant Play Vides to Windows Server 2008

Have anyone try a dedi from nocix with windows server 2012 and can tell me if the video files play fine and not laggy ?

Becuase in my windows server 2008 i cant see any video! Server stuck or video not play! Get laggy and need to close it!

I dont think the problem is about remote desktop! I have servers since 2011! 2011 start with a server RDP with Windows 2008! I cant see video! Then 2014 rent a RDP with Windows Server 2012! Videos play awesome very smooth! Now i bought a DEDI server from https://redswitches.com/ with Windows Server 2012 videos again play awesome and very smooth without any laggy! Before 4 days i bought a DEDI servre from NOCIX with Windows Server 2008 and of curse i cant play any video! So the problem is not the Remote Desktop! The problem is Windows Server version!

Windows Server 2012 video playing: https://ibb.co/nbRtwx

Comments

• probably the lack of integrated gpu.

• @mosan7763 said:
    probably the lack of integrated gpu.

So you tell me in redswitches i have GPU and in NOCIX no ?

• @Thanos92 said:

@mosan7763 said:

probably.

• @mosan7763 said:

@Thanos92 said:

@mosan7763 said:

probably.

This is from windows server 2012! I have or no ?

• Hi, make sure you are using software remotefx on rdp even without GPU.

• Redswitches tell me: we would like to inform you that you have a Matrox graphic card on your server. please check the below screenshot for the same.

• @Thanos92 said:
    Redswitches tell me: we would like to inform you that you have a Matrox graphic card on your server. please check the below screenshot for the same.

This is the server with Windows Server 2012.

• @casualjoe said:
    Hi, make sure you are using software remotefx on rdp even without GPU.

Yeah, that's the Soft GPU that Microsoft Implemented since the Windows 8.1 days. And that being said, that's turned on by default.

Windows 7 on the other hand, didn't even have the RemoteFX SoftGPU implemented, so watching videos over RDP with a Windows 7 level machine without a RemoteFX capable GPU along with the necessary RDS licenses on a non Hyper-V host will be pretty bad at best.

And oh, even if you did have a RemoteFX capable GPU on a Windows 7 machine, the 3D and video playback performance is generally crap over a WAN connection, because it uses TCP for the RDP transport and we all know TCP transport for real time content is generally a bad idea :P