Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proxy internal traffic - fake user agent and other info
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Proxy internal traffic - fake user agent and other info

mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Hello,
I’ve been busy doing other stuff and haven’t had the time to investigate this to any depth.

I have a system that is controlled via a web server, listening to a high number port.
I can easily proxy this from another computer using haproxy, apache, nginx, squid.

I would like to spoof my original source so it is always the same user agent, hostname sent to the destination.

It is only an internal system and I am the only user. Problem is that I need to access it from different computers on a daily basis (using the clients login) and the previous login is stored and I need to manually logout from the other computers before I can move on.

Rambling aside, what should I use to make it look like all connections are from the same computer?

Comments

• solairesolaire Member
    edited April 2018

Nginx, then proxy_set_header for hostname and user agent? Though I think your issue is more related to cookies, so not sure if this would help.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@solaire said:
    Nginx, then proxy_set_header for hostname and user agent? Though I think your issue is more related to cookies, so not sure if this would help.

Hence I’m considering squid. To actually fetch the pages and then serve it to me.
    That way it really is one computer/user fetching the info.

Not sure if it is possible ;/

• @mikho said:

@solaire said:

Hence I’m considering squid. To actually fetch the pages and then serve it to me.

This might sound slightly retarded, but why not simply use RDP to a shared box, teamviewer, or something similar?

@solaire said:

@mikho said:

@solaire said:

This might sound slightly retarded, but why not simply use RDP to a shared box, teamviewer, or something similar?

Because I need to run it on every computer. It will eventually become part of an automated system. Then I wont know when or from where next call would come from.

• omelasomelas Member
    edited April 2018

ingore me

• solairesolaire Member
    edited April 2018

@mikho said:

@solaire said:

@mikho said:

@solaire said:

Because I need to run it on every computer. It will eventually become part of an automated system. Then I wont know when or from where next call would come from.

Ah, then your automated system would need to use a cookie container that is preserved across different API calls. I don't have experience with proxy software that supports this, but for automating it, e.g. invoking API calls from another web application, just set the cookie data in the header. This could possibly also work from nginx, by simply storing the cookie data some place and setting it using proxy_set_header whenever the nginx proxy is triggered.

@solaire said:

@mikho said:

@solaire said:

@mikho said:

@solaire said:

Ah, then your automated system would need to use a cookie container that is preserved across different API calls. I don't have experience with proxy software that supports this, but for automating it, e.g. invoking API calls from another web application, just set the cookie data in the header. This could possibly also work from nginx, by simply storing the cookie data some place and setting it using proxy_set_header whenever the nginx proxy is triggered.

That could actually work. Will try that when I get a minite to spare next week.