Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want price on a fully managed VPS/server with Cpanel for 100+ sites
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Want price on a fully managed VPS/server with Cpanel for 100+ sites

Do any of your fine folks here on LET offer managed VPS/servers and/or a managed reseller account with Cpanel? It has to be in Europe.

We have over 100 customer sites in Cpanel and our servers has the following stats today:
6 x cores on a Xeon E5-2660 v 3 CPU (with an average load of 0.58)
12 GB RAM
100 GB disk (around 75 GB is used to customer data)
100 mbit connection (today unlimited - so maybe a price with ul and one with a high limit)
1 shared IP

No sites has e-mail enabled - so just website hosting.
But people with contact forms like in WordPress has to use the server to send the mail.

We want a fully managed server with Cpanel so we just can use our time to create new sites in Cpanel, and the host secure the server and Cpanel.

I want the host to be a few years old, and/or have a good reputation here on LET.

Comments

• @Francisco where art thou?

Cross that magic $42/month figure and I think things become automatically (fully?) managed.

I'm sure he can put together something for you in LU.

Thanked by 3myhken ehab Francisco
  • myhkenmyhken Member
    edited April 2018

I have sent email to FutureHosting and SolaDrive that I have used for several years before, so I know their support is excellent and their servers stable as hell :D
    But they are not cheap. But cheap is not a goal here, so long as the support is fast, available at our office hours (Norway time - GMT+1h) and the servers and network is good.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

have you considered just hiring someone like @mikho as free lance server management and keeping it on your own server, he runs cPanel servers all day anyway, speaks your language (close enough) and iirc has provided meaningful help on some of your topics in the past.

Just suggesting it as this seems the simple way forward with minimal disruption for your clients/current setup.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • AnthonySmith said: Just suggesting it as this seems the simple way forward with minimal disruption for your clients/current setup.

Have not considered that, but of course it can be an option.
    But we want to setup a new Linux server and migrate cpanel over, since we actually don't know how the old server is setup, since the person that did the job did not document any thing. And managing a server you don't how was setup in the first place is not a good option.

But maybe that can be the first part of a job like that, migrate to a new server.

@mikho do you want to PM me?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I would be willing to take you on as a client if we find a mutual trust.
    My suggestion is that we continue this in private, where we can discuss best options and what you, and I, expect from this.

If you can consider hosting the server yourself, you already have the infrastructure, let's talk about the options. I'll PM my contact info.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    have you considered just hiring someone like @mikho as free lance server management and keeping it on your own server

Iirc @bharatb also does something like that. No experience with either though.

• Interesting to see if hiring a person managing our own server is the best option over just getting a fully managed server.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

@myhken said:
    Interesting to see if hiring a person managing our own server is the best option over just getting a fully managed server.

If your current server does the job then why not just get someone to manage it?

• @mikho said:
    My suggestion is that we continue this in private, where we can discuss best options and what you, and I, expect from this.

If you can consider hosting the server yourself, you already have the infrastructure, let's talk about the options. I'll PM my contact info.

Hello

I need somebody who can manage my VPS too. I don't have time/knowledge to do that.

Can you please PM me too?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2018

@myhken said:
    Interesting to see if hiring a person managing our own server is the best option over just getting a fully managed server.

I don't doubt @mikho skills however keep in mind that a person is just one person. With daily high or lows, emotional ups and downs and when he/she is sick, there is no replacement. A solid, well experienced company offering fully managed hosting on the other hand will be more reliable in this sense as it would be hand holding from start to finish as well as having multiple qualified Support staff at their disposal. Given that Budget is not your main issue I'd definitly keep that in mind. Another plus is a company offering fully managed hosting will probably have a 24/7 emergency line. Plus the company offering the managed hosting is also the provider and can look into any hardware related issues / network issues immediatly. There is no instance (like a freelancer) that's in between so the whole process is speed up.

Thanked by 1SamP

@realbusiness said:

@mikho said:

Hello

I need somebody who can manage my VPS too. I don't have time/knowledge to do that.

Can you please PM me too?

Depends on what you expect me to do.
    Send me a list of things you need help with and I’ll give an estimate in return.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@mykhen we can support you if you have a team requirement 24x7 across 3 timezones CET,IST and PST also on call support via Skype & Phone.

Please let me know if you are interested to converse personally to take this forward I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

@Ympker said:

@myhken said:

I don't doubt @mikho skills however keep in mind that a person is just one person. With daily high or lows, emotional ups and downs and when he/she is sick, there is no replacement. A solid, well experienced company offering fully managed hosting on the other hand will be more reliable in this sense as it would be hand holding from start to finish as well as having multiple qualified Support staff at their disposal. Given that Budget is not your main issue I'd definitly keep that in mind. Another plus is a company offering fully managed hosting will probably have a 24/7 emergency line. Plus the company offering the managed hosting is also the provider and can look into any hardware related issues / network issues immediatly. There is no instance (like a freelancer) that's in between so the whole process is speed up.

I’ve worked with IT and managed servers for more than 20 years. I’ve seen large companys change suppliers because their primary tech changed workplace.

As long as you are honest and clear about what the customer can expect and when. It is up to the customer to find a middle ground between expectations and costs.

Thanked by 3Ympker Junkless lazyt