Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Russia bans Google Cloud, Amazon, Azure, Digital Ocean, Online.net, Hetzner, OVH, others - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Russia bans Google Cloud, Amazon, Azure, Digital Ocean, Online.net, Hetzner, OVH, others

Comments

• GulfGulf Member
    edited April 2018

Moved to vscale.io

Used a coupon code to get free 4$ after registration (existed users also can apply it):

SCALET200

Hopefully, they did not block OVH Cloud Storage (in Germany).

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited April 2018

@deank said:
    In before, Russnet, Russia only internet.

It would be called Rosnet, FTFY.

Not sure why people always seem to lambast China and Russia. They have legitimate security concerns. Do you think that USA/UK are not busy trying to undermine those states with NGO's, colour revolutions, human rights groups etc.

How many countries has China, Iran or Russia invaded in the last 15 yrs = NIL

How many countries have UK/USA illegally invaded? Atleast Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Ukraine and now Syria with Iran next on list. Which country is the real threat to your life, liberty, property. Not China, Iran or Russia.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

lol, of course ;-).

Thanked by 2jackb emgh
  • Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2018

Well, in general, these are different locks. Troll-hosters buy VPS / dedic, put there squid, 3proxy, openvpn and just write to Roskomnadzor. Roskomnadzor blocks the entire network / 16/17/18 and so on where this proxy is located.

For example, the OVH network was made through us. This trolley ordered the server i7-920 for 15.99 euros installed a proxy and wrote to Roskomnadzor, and they blocked the entire network 91.121. *. *

Proof: https://reestr.rublacklist.net/rec/346506/

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2018

@asterisk14 said:

Ukraine + Georgia != NIL. Oh plus all the aggressions on UK soil with nuclear poisoning, nerve agent poisoning and the guy who was shot in the head killed by injection and locked padlocked inside a sleeping bag. A little more than 15 years ago, but China had that Tiananmen square situation - sure, not an invasion but a massive atrocity.

You can call US / UK / France names all you want, but please don't pretend the Russian governments shit stinks any less.

Thanked by 3Clouvider emgh FHR
  • xaocxaoc Member

@jackb said:

@asterisk14 said:

Ukraine + Georgia ~ NIL.

Still having troops in my country as well(illegally if i may add)..

• WinneWinne Member

@asterisk14 said:

@deank said:
    In before, Russnet, Russia only internet.

It would be called Rosnet, FTFY.

Not sure why people always seem to lambast China and Russia. They have legitimate security concerns. Do you think that USA/UK are not busy trying to undermine those states with NGO's, colour revolutions, human rights groups etc.

How many countries have UK/USA illegally invaded? Atleast Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Ukraine and now Syria with Iran next on list. Which country is the real threat to your life, liberty, property. Not China, Iran or Russia.

Get the fuck out.

• kendidkendid Veteran

@jackb said:

@asterisk14 said:

Ukraine + Georgia != NIL. Oh plus all the aggressions on UK soil with nuclear poisoning, nerve agent poisoning and the guy who was shot in the head killed by injection and locked padlocked inside a sleeping bag. A little more than 15 years ago, but China had that Tiananmen square situation - sure, not an invasion but a massive atrocity.

You can call US / UK / France names all you want, but please don't pretend the Russian governments shit stinks any less.

Don't forget Moldova, Russian troops have been there a long time and kept it a contested area such as Ukraine and Georgia.

No country is perfect, but Russia does appear to be the only one right now making land grabs.

• kendidkendid Veteran

@asterisk14 said:

Actually Russia is the country that forced me out of my home. Threat to my life - yes, at gunpoint. They had me facedown on the ground by my vehicle with guns pointed at me and my family while they searched our vehicle.

• @Jennis said:

Well, I guess they will realize that they’re not able to control the Telegram communication and eventually lift the bans.

The watchdog organization (RKN), which does the above absurd large-scale blocking, will do that until it is ordered to stop by someone of its superiors. Question is, when/if that happens.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

USA Banned Kaspersky, Russia Banned Telegram, etc.

Tit for tat.

• AidanAidan Member

You just made me choke on my coffee, perhaps you should get a news source other than TASS.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2018

174.104.0.0/15 - I do not know this network. It's something from America.

159.122.128.0/18 - SoftLayer IT

185.220.34.0/24 - is a network of a hoster from Russia which VPN on one popular IT site.

New IP added. About 1 million IP.

• Note: RKN has its "hotline" in Twitter

https://twitter.com/hotlinerkn

and they invite everyone to report wrongly blocked resources there. I wonder, if at least 1% of blocked resources posts a response to them... what happens?

In fact, it's a good idea to try. Channel's in Russian, but no one prevents to response in other languages.

So far, they are just being laughed at, politely speaking, in that "channel".

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2018

Master_Bo said: Note: RKN has its "hotline" in Twitter

https://twitter.com/hotlinerkn

and they invite everyone to report wrongly blocked resources there. I wonder, if at least 1% of blocked resources posts a response to them... what happens?

In fact, it's a good idea to try. Channel's in Russian, but no one prevents to response in other languages.

So far, they are just being laughed at, politely speaking, in that "channel".

That one is a total fake, see for official statement: https://vk.com/wall-76229642_168178

It is so tiring to see tons of people repost that "hotline" account without any fact checking. Don't be so gullible and vulnerable to fake news.

Thanked by 1FHR
  • Shot2Shot2 Member

0.0.0.0/0 added.

• Master_BoMaster_Bo Member
    edited April 2018

@rm_ said:

The below contacts are taken from their official site:

Primary: [email protected]
    Auxiliary: [email protected]

The mentioned Twitter one might be fake, the above ones aren't.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Master_Bo said: The mentioned Twitter one might be fake, the above ones aren't.

You reposted the Twitter account, I said that the Twitter account is fake. Who even brought up any E-Mail addresses? Those are real, yes.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Shot2 said:
    0.0.0.0/0 added.

Thanked by 2YokedEgg nulldev
  • @rm_ said:

Master_Bo said: The mentioned Twitter one might be fake, the above ones aren't.

You reposted the Twitter account, I said that the Twitter account is fake. Who even brought up any E-Mail addresses? Those are real, yes.

Mea culpa, yes. I was referred to that Twitter one by a party I generally trust. Once again, The First Law should never be neglected.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

Anyway, to try to stay on topic, it's the Russian population that suffers the most by the decision of their own government to ban all of those IPs.

• @angstrom said:
    Anyway, to try to stay on topic, it's the Russian population that suffers the most by the decision of their own government to ban all of those IPs.

There will always be a good offer for VPN on LET, unless they decide to ban this community; I highly doubt it, but anything is possible nowadays while corruption and incompetence rule.

• Sweet, now people who block russia won't have to spend the extra server resources to do so since russia blocked it on their side. I wonder how much ddos has dropped since this.

• mikeimikei Member

@angstrom said:

Talked to many in the last several days. No one was affected. No one uses Telegram though. Not as popular as it's claimed.

• My yandex mailbox can’t receive email. Dunno is it related.

• Unexpected impact. I need to handle a lot of domain names and old mails. Good job Putin.

• @elliotc said:
    Unexpected impact. I need to handle a lot of domain names and old mails. Good job Putin.

Just curious but why use Yandex for mail to begin with?

• @YokedEgg said:

@elliotc said:
    Unexpected impact. I need to handle a lot of domain names and old mails. Good job Putin.

Free is the most expensive. Learded a lot.

Thanked by 1YokedEgg
  • @elliotc said:

@YokedEgg said:

@elliotc said:

Free is the most expensive. Learded a lot.

I've always got a weird unprofessional vibe from Yandex. I stick to Google for all my emails, even paid ones.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@YokedEgg said:

@elliotc said:

I use Yandex for one of my email addresses. It works well, I like it.

Thanked by 2YokedEgg DewlanceVPS