Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for help for Transfer Files to Another sever ( without Backup )
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for help for Transfer Files to Another sever ( without Backup )

20142014 Member

i mean without backup is my current sever disk is full so im unable to backup so i bought another sever but i don't know how i transfer files to new sever.. there is any option ? my plan is bought Windows Server 2008 r2 and download files and upload to new sever :D

Comments

• You can transfer your files using FTP I guess?!

• 20142014 Member

@Ympker said:
    You can transfer your files using FTP I guess?!

im sorry.. how ?

• donlidonli Member

Why do you need to download the files before uploading them to the other server? Can't the servers talk to each other?

How much data are we talking about - 1 GB, 10GB, 100GB?...

Do you need to copy the entire server or just some directories?

• 20142014 Member
    1. my plan is buy windows vps and download Disk Full sever files first.. and upload to new sever using filezilla

2. 80GB

3.directories but its easy to copy the entire server than good..

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Would be a lot easier just to tarball the entire content and use wget.

• imokimok Member
    edited April 2018

Install Filezilla (or any other FTP client) on your new server and move the files between them. You don't need to download and upload from another machine.

@deank said:
    Would be a lot easier just to tarball the entire content and use wget.

He doesn't have enough space.

• FalzoFalzo Member

Don't buy/run unmanaged servers at all.

Thanked by 3imok Aluminat jvnadr
  • Agree with @imok, you can just install FTP client on your new server and backup your files afterwards. No need to waste bandwidth and time to download to your local PC.

• donlidonli Member

@r00t4bl3 said:
    Agree with @imok, you can just install FTP client on your new server and backup your files afterwards. No need to waste bandwidth and time to download to your local PC.

Or just install one of the rsync clones for windows.

• imokimok Member

@donli said:

@r00t4bl3 said:
    Agree with @imok, you can just install FTP client on your new server and backup your files afterwards. No need to waste bandwidth and time to download to your local PC.

Or just install one of the rsync clones for windows.

Reading the OP, I'm not sure he's able to do that.

• if the server you transfer files from runs windows server and the target server runs linux you could use Filezilla client to upload files to the linux server, filezilla supports SFTP transfers which means you could transfer files to the linux server with your ssh login. you dont need to setup FTP just fill in your ssh login details into filezilla and use SFTP.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited April 2018

to be clear, im not sure what you are trying to do, could you rephrase your post @2014 ?
    its hard to understand.
    keep it simple.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@2014 said:

@Ympker said:
    You can transfer your files using FTP I guess?!

im sorry.. how ?

Hire some one as it’s clearly you don’t how to do basic task and google search.

• The simplest way is to expend the storage and backup the server. After that transfer the backup file to new server withs SCP. You will only pay for a few extra bucks. In return, you can save a lot of time.