Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How about FDC this servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How about FDC this servers

I saw FDCServers have
Dual Xeon E5 2650
128GB RAM
12x12TB HDD or 12x4TB SSD
40Gbps Dedicated

in AMS..how about this server
do anyone have use it
can you tell experience

Comments

• maldoviamaldovia Member
    edited April 2018

http://lowendtalk.com

Thanked by 1Abdussamad
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

$3499 a month :-O

• @music7698 said:
    I saw FDCServers have
    Dual Xeon E5 2650
    128GB RAM
    12x12TB HDD or 12x4TB SSD
    40Gbps Dedicated

in AMS..how about this server
    do anyone have use it
    can you tell experience

Get the SSD if you don't want to bottleneck hard.

Anyways, use it for what? Clarify the question.

None of us have probably used it but could tell you if it suits your use.

• use for hls videos stream

• Don't know about that particular server, but I used to have one of the storage servers through FDC. I was in the position to pay the huge payment upfront. They bought brand new HDDs but the SSD were crap. In the first four months I had to have a complete reinstall and replace 3 different times. Once they claimed it became unseated from the rack? I finally let it go after the third time because it just took so long for support to respond and get it fixed. Good luck if you do try with them.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

If you are looking at this sort of thing with this budget, check out datapacket.com

• PUSHR_VictorPUSHR_Victor Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2018

The server is okay, if having single-homed cogent is okay. Which itelf is okay for NL and UK, and if you have something to switch to another DC as soon as failure is detected, but not much beyond that. We push 2PB+/month on these with SSDs, with some of them online since 2014 (but on 10Gbps as back then there were no 40Gbps offers) and still no dead SSDs. They have a constant write of 150-350Mbps. With that said, if you are looking to serve HLS streams, forget about doing it with a single server, especially these ones alone, and you totally dont need any of the specs above,but maybe the bandwidth. Go with a service that does that for you instead.

• Jake4Jake4 Member

You're on the wrong fourm, you should be on highendtalk

• ZomZom Member

I've got one of their dedicated 10G servers and uptime and performance has been good. Mine is in NL and I've been pushing the 10gbit line 24/7 for months. If you're looking to serve users out of Europe or NA, I'd go elsewhere.

• @PUSHR_Victor said:
    The server is okay, if having single-homed cogent is okay. Which itelf is okay for NL and UK, and if you have something to switch to another DC as soon as failure is detected, but not much beyond that. We push 2PB+/month on these with SSDs, with some of them online since 2014 (but on 10Gbps as back then there were no 40Gbps offers) and still no dead SSDs. They have a constant write of 150-350Mbps. With that said, if you are looking to serve HLS streams, forget about doing it with a single server, especially these ones alone, and you totally dont need any of the specs above,but maybe the bandwidth. Go with a service that does that for you instead.

so what's your suggest if need do video hls stream..

• I would not run a single server to push HLS streams. You're gonna have a bad time.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • so if do hls stream videos don't need ssd
    just need big ram and bandwith ..is it right?

• You got this

@music7698 said:
    so if do hls stream videos don't need ssd
    just need big ram and bandwith ..is it right?

From this

@hyypperionn said:
    I would not run a single server to push HLS streams. You're gonna have a bad time.

How?

• Hi there,

you should go with webhostingtalk. you will get your answer or FDC sales in there.Of course,Lowendtalk is best place as well.just different position.
    hope help you

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

It might still be lowend for his use case.