Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostHatch resell my container to another customer?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostHatch resell my container to another customer?

Hi, i just back from long weekend. and when im back to home, i want try to check one of my container at hosthatch.

guess what? i cant even login via ssh, and when try to access domain at my container it show whm pages that my domain is currently suspended. do hosthatch resell my continer to another customer. they using solusvm right, is that possible solusvm doing that.

just open urgent tickets support and still no response. #817017

dont call it LowEndSupport, i just want hear your though.

Comments

• Good luck getting support to respond to you lol.

I can't get the simplest of responses.

However, the quality of my KVM is perfectly fine for me.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

On occasion solusvm can assign the same IP to 2 containers, so it may not be your VPS it may just be that they have your IP.

Assuming you have solusvm access you should be able to check your OS integrity and do further troubleshooting via the console.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    On occasion solusvm can assign the same IP to 2 containers, so it may not be your VPS it may just be that they have your IP.

Assuming you have solusvm access you should be able to check your OS integrity and do further troubleshooting via the console.

They have their own panel. Is it just a reskinned solusvm panel?

YokedEgg said: They have their own panel. Is it just a reskinned solusvm panel?

oh do they? I was just going on the OP, does their panel have a serial console if so the same applies.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

If someone accidentally moved your container to other customer, as SolusVM allows movement of VMs.

• @AnthonySmith said:

no i dont have the access, all via hosthatch backend that i guess all via API. for OS is debian 8 like last year installation at backend/dashboard.

is my container data still exist, i have backup but maybe for database not the latest.

@WebProject said:
    If someone accidentally moved your container to other customer, as SolusVM allows movement of VMs.

what its mean, if new customer reload OS all my data gone?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@warrior said:

@WebProject said:

what its mean, if new customer reload OS all my data gone?

Yes you are right as it’s grant full access to VM container.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited April 2018

so essentially your VM got suspended?
    what makes you think that any other customer is involved?
    what does their control panel say about status of your VM? running/suspended/stopped?
    have you tried restarting it and/or accessing it via VNC?
    did you use VestaCP by any chance?

• @Falzo said:
    so essentially your VM got suspended?

no, when access it via xshell it open windows that require password that i already save it at xshell profile.

what makes you think that any other customer is involved?

cause im using debian, dont do whm things.

what does their control panel say about status of your VM? running/suspended/stopped?

running

have you tried restarting it and/or accessing it via VNC?

i just try it. after reboot ssh not accessible but at console its show back my debian installation. i'll wait response ticket support for now, already 45m from last reply.

did you use VestaCP by any chance?

no, im not use any web panel.

• update: its back normal now, i can access ssh after do @Falzo suggestion. but hosthatch still not give explanation at ticket.

• If you can SSH into the VM, I would suggest to change your SSH keys/password immediately.

• @saibal said:
    If you can SSH into the VM, I would suggest to change your SSH keys/password immediately.

thanks for suggestion.

just check logs, last and history. no one login except me. none changed at container.

• Can you still login through xshell?

• FalzoFalzo Member

doesn't sound like a problem on providers end at all.
    maybe something got stuck somehow, are all your service configured to come up clean after reboot?

afaik there was some maintenance on some hosthatch nodes happening lately. if the node/your VM got rebooted it may have gotten only into rescue mode or something like it and that might be the reason for ssh asking for a different password before...

make sure to check your VM thoroughly for recently modified files and if there might have been breaking attempts.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Did you pay your bills on time ?

Given the OP and resolution it seems like its just been a duplicate IP or stolen IP by another customer which is probably why the OP saw WHM on his IP and why stopping and restarting it to update the arp table gave him access again (not sure how long that will last if that is the case)

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

I don't know if it's related but there was maintenance in Amsterdam yesterday - I had an email last week saying my VM may be unavailable due to a host reboot.

• @Mr_Tom said:
    I don't know if it's related but there was maintenance in Amsterdam yesterday - I had an email last week saying my VM may be unavailable due to a host reboot.

Meltdown/Spectre. All locations received updates.

• LA nodes were rebooted Sunday evening between 7p to 9p PDT. There was an outage in at least one storage node after the reboot but it was back up by 10p PDT.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

YokedEgg said: Meltdown/Spectre. All locations received updates

Just wondered if that was related to the OP issue, perhaps it didn't come back up correctly?

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith said:
    Given the OP and resolution it seems like its just been a duplicate IP or stolen IP by another customer which is probably why the OP saw WHM on his IP and why stopping and restarting it to update the arp table gave him access again (not sure how long that will last if that is the case)

I got a spam complaint with the aforementioned host, for a VM that's been powered off for months, and stolen IP was my guess.

I don't think the level 1 person I dealt with really understood what I was saying in my response, kept telling me to check my logs after I explained twice that the VM was powered off and they can see that in their panel logs.. :shrug:

Thanked by 2uptime AnthonySmith
  • nfnnfn Veteran

I had the same.problem. The VSP was off and my ip was pointing to another server.
    Before that, my bandwidth was all eaten without explanation. I wasn't runing anything there that could eat all bandwidth.

• @nfn said:
    I had the same.problem. The VSP was off and my ip was pointing to another server.
    Before that, my bandwidth was all eaten without explanation. I wasn't runing anything there that could eat all bandwidth.

From Host Hatch?

• @Clouvider said:
    Did you pay your bills on time ?

i paid yearly term.

@Falzo said:
    doesn't sound like a problem on providers end at all.
    maybe something got stuck somehow, are all your service configured to come up clean after reboot?

afaik there was some maintenance on some hosthatch nodes happening lately. if the node/your VM got rebooted it may have gotten only into rescue mode or something like it and that might be the reason for ssh asking for a different password before...

make sure to check your VM thoroughly for recently modified files and if there might have been breaking attempts.

@AnthonySmith said:

dont know, but after reboot it showing back debian login. before that i just try login via xshell and keep asking for a different password cause wrong password. yeah i guess that too why im show WHM page with suspended page insted my website.

yeah maybe after hosthatch do maintenance its not restored correctly, and give or being duplicate ips for another customer.

after 7hour after last reply, its look like on their side. im not complaining about hosthatch service, im happy being hosthatch customer and hosthatch is one reliable provider at vps market. :)

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2018

Please allow me to put this into perspective:

• Customer is on a $10 per year promotional plan

warrior said: just open urgent tickets support and still no response. #817017

• Emergency ticket was opened at 12:22 and replied at 12:39.

• The ticket opener from the customer included "What the heck happen on my container" - "if i lost my data i'll sue cause incopetent one of your technical support. i need respond ASAP." The issue was described as "i cant access it and now it installed with cpanel" -- so basically it was 2 lines of threats and one small line of (not actually) explaining the issue.

• He then asked for the ticket to be flagged to me, which it was - and I did not respond because I didn't want to write the "take your backup and leave in 96 hours" at the time, which will be coming, because we simply cannot have $0.83 per month paying customers threatening to sue us without even explaining the actual issue in the ticket, and then going on to forums about it while saying the following:

• YokedEggYokedEgg Member
    edited April 2018

@Abdullah said:
    Please allow me to put this into perspective:

• Customer is on a $10 per year promotional plan

warrior said: just open urgent tickets support and still no response. #817017

• Emergency ticket was opened at 12:22 and replied at 12:39.

• The ticket opener from the customer included "What the heck happen on my container" - "if i lost my data i'll sue cause incopetent one of your technical support. i need respond ASAP." The issue was described as "i cant access it and now it installed with cpanel" -- so basically it was 2 lines of threats and one small line of (not actually) explaining the issue.

• He then asked for the ticket to be flagged to me, which it was - and I did not respond because I didn't want to write the "take your backup and leave in 96 hours" at the time, which will be coming, because we simply cannot have $0.83 per month paying customers threatening to sue us without even explaining the actual issue in the ticket, and then going on to forums about it while saying the following:

No offence, but your support is awful.

Now before you transfer the blame, look inwards (ignoring the threats or profanities, or whatever).

• Was his support experience poor (like mine -- absolutely awful) before he acted like this to provoke it?

• Was his issue on your side? If you actually provisioned his IP to another customer temporarily, that's pretty bad..

• Is it your issue that he took it public to begin with? If your support was better, would he have done that?

Honestly, I'm starting to think the only way to get a reply is if you use an emergency ticket or open a ticket for the sales department.

I can't even get a response in regards to your broken Debian 9 install. By default, it comes with no repositories.

I was able to fix this of course after 15 minutes of wondering why apt-get update wasn't working on first login.

My ticket has been sitting more than a week with zero response on something that would take you minutes to fix something stupid simple. It's a literal bug report that only benefits you by fixing.

Now keep in mind this is just an example, not my only ticket to entirely go unanswered or days without answers.

Something worth factoring in on your offers is your support costs, it's blatantly apparent there's issues in that area.

Especially when you put things like this on your main sales page:

"Awesome Support
    We are a 24/7/365 company with our own in-house staff. We'll always be here ready to help you."

You, yourself, are setting false expectations for what you should expect as a Host Hatch customer.

On sales promotions, perhaps you should clearly state on the checkout page your support policy, and put a checkbox such as, "You agree this product does not include support".

But, again, actual quality of KVM is fine. Don't take this as me hating, it's a customer giving you valuable feedback you should take seriously.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I can't even get a response in regards to your broken Debian 9 install. By default, it comes with no repositories.

I was to fix this of course after 15 minutes of wondering why apt-get update wasn't working.

My ticket has been sitting more than a week with zero response on something that would take you minutes to fix something stupid simple. It's a literal bug report that only benefits you by fixing.

We're aware of the Debian 9 issue and the updated template will be added in a few days, we have had far more pressing issues in the past week (such as updating all nodes across all locations and rebooting them, which you can imagine comes with it's own set of issues).

Something worth factoring in on your offers is your support costs, it's blatantly apparent there's issues in that area. On sales promotions, perhaps you should clearly state on the checkout page your support policy, and put a checkbox such as, "You will receive no support other than billing".

Agreed. Support has been clearly affected by the recent promotion (I admitted it on another thread too), and we will fix it. We will also define how support will be different on highly discounted promotional plans as compared to our normal plans.

I am not sure what it has to do with this thread though, considering he was actually provided a 17 minute response after he threatened to sue us instead of explaining the issue in his ticket.

Thanked by 1YokedEgg
  • @Abdullah

Don't want to seem skeptical, but would you mind posting screenshots (private data omitted, of course) or verifying with an admin? Just want to make sure I'm on the right side.

• YokedEggYokedEgg Member
    edited April 2018

@Abdullah said:

I was to fix this of course after 15 minutes of wondering why apt-get update wasn't working.

We're aware of the Debian 9 issue and the updated template will be added in a few days, we have had far more pressing issues in the past week (such as updating all nodes across all locations and rebooting them, which you can imagine comes with it's own set of issues).

Something worth factoring in on your offers is your support costs, it's blatantly apparent there's issues in that area. On sales promotions, perhaps you should clearly state on the checkout page your support policy, and put a checkbox such as, "You will receive no support other than billing".

Agreed. Support has been clearly affected by the recent promotion (I admitted it on another thread too), and we will fix it. We will also define how support will be different on highly discounted promotional plans as compared to our normal plans.

I am not sure what it has to do with this thread though, considering he was actually provided a 17 minute response after he threatened to sue us instead of explaining the issue in his ticket.

I actually edited the original comment clarifying my point, bringing the relevancy and the point I was trying to make better tied in with the thread topic.

Specifically take note of the bullet points and the ending for the checkbox with more transparency on the expectations of the offers.

Also, it's relevant because you mentioned the $10 per year offer and brought up support.