Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone here uses Pinegrow or other software to speed up the website building process?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone here uses Pinegrow or other software to speed up the website building process?

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited April 2018 in General

I find it to be quite awesome myself :P Any love returned for it? If not what is your WYSWIG-Editor/Speed-up Website Building software of choice aside from Sublime Text for bare coding?

Comments

• Pinegrow looks pretty good. How long have you used it? Do they update the version when WP version changes?
    Haven't used any WYSWIG editor since Microsoft FrontPage (yes, you are allowed to laugh). Usually it is Notepad++ and now Visual Code.

PS: I can always trust your posts to bring in something new to explore. Thx.

Thanked by 2Wolveix Ympker
  • Same as @ramesh_vish I only ever use Atom and/or Notepad++ for web development. This looks really good though! Thanks for bringing it up :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • I'm wary of WYSWIG editors.
    How Pinegrow stacks up against Dreamweaver?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2018

@ramesh_vish said:
    Pinegrow looks pretty good. How long have you used it? Do they update the version when WP version changes?
    Haven't used any WYSWIG editor since Microsoft FrontPage (yes, you are allowed to laugh). Usually it is Notepad++ and now Visual Code.

PS: I can always trust your posts to bring in something new to explore. Thx.

Very happy with it so far :) Got the "Pinegrow PRO with WordPress support for $63" a while back and my updates have run out (I probably bought it a year ago or so) but very happy with it so far (did not use it too often though). I might renew for updates when I'm actively using it again (or rather have time to do so) but for the time I used it, it has been very comfortable, there are a lot of (video) tutorials by the team and it receives regular updates. My latest version already allows to convert HTML5 themes to WP Themes which is awesome! Not one-click convert but its documentation shows you exactly how to do it from within there software.
    https://pinegrow.com/docs/wordpress/convert-html-to-wordpress-theme.html

This is also very cool: http://docs.pinegrow.com/v4/wordpress/courses-tutorials/creating-wordpress-themes-without-php-coding/

You can also import and then tweak whole websites by just entering their URLs which is awesome!

Pinegrow also updates live when you e.g. edit code in Sublime Text and on second Monitor have pinegrow open with the same project it will live refresh

Glad you find my posts to be interesting :)

@404error said:
    I'm wary of WYSWIG editors.
    How Pinegrow stacks up against Dreamweaver?

Didn't Dreamweaver so wouldn't know.
    Perhaps this is of interest to you: http://docs.pinegrow.com/pinegrow-for-dreamweaver-users/

• paid program? I'll probably use VisualCode studio instead because I'm lowend ;)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • I use Pinegrow it's rock solid and I'd recommend it.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • squibssquibs Member
    edited April 2018

I bought it at V1 and ended up not using it much. Then again, I do most of my design in Divi.

When I crack out a code editor, it will be notepad++ for quick edits or visual code for an in-depth session.

I have access to Dreamweaver through Adobe CC, but I've never bothered downloading it.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • I used Dreamweaver in the 90's. Tried Frontpage once gave me the shits. I just use geany now as it's cross platform.