Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adding multiple IPv6s to an OpenVZ VPS at once.. possible?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Adding multiple IPv6s to an OpenVZ VPS at once.. possible?

someJoesomeJoe Member
edited April 2018 in Help

Hi guys,
I have an OpenVZ centOS VPS from a host with /64 IPv6s subnet. In the solusVM client side, I see that I can add IPv6s one by one...

Is there a way to assign many IPv6s to the VPS? For example, if I wanted to add 256 of them at once.

Doing this one by one seems very tedious.

Thanks in advance, Sj

Comments

• "A little fire is quickly trodden out, Which, being suffer'd, rivers cannot quench."

Honestly, SolusVM's client API doesn't offer anything in terms of IP management. Unless the host is willing to setup a vETH device, it's one at a time baby.

Thanked by 1someJoe
    1. Open the F12 tools of your browser. Go to the "Network" tab.
    2. Add an IPv6 address manually.
    3. Right-click the "ipv6.php?_id=&_v=" request. Copy as cURL.
    4. Write a simple shell script. Run the requests from the same IP address as your browser (otherwise solusvm will log you out).

for i in $(seq 1 5); do curl https://solus.vm.com/ipv6.php?_id=[......] --data "newip=%3A%3A${i}&addnewip=Add"

• @psb777 said:
    1. Open the F12 tools of your browser. Go to the "Network" tab.
    2. Add an IPv6 address manually.
    3. Right-click the "ipv6.php?_id=&_v=" request. Copy as cURL.
    4. Write a simple shell script. Run the requests from the same IP address as your browser (otherwise solusvm will log you out).

for i in $(seq 1 5); do curl https://solus.vm.com/ipv6.php?_id=[......] --data "newip=%3A%3A${i}&addnewip=Add"

thanks! exactly what we did, works like a charm. thanks again!