Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS with UK Datacentre, Possibly with Basic Backup Options
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS with UK Datacentre, Possibly with Basic Backup Options

Hi, I've been hunting down VPS providers that have UK datacentres but a lot of the providers sites don't cover much information about the actual VPS specs.

The apps I will be running on it are personal, like a VPN, my own homepage which is not for public exposure, single user Nextcloud, and web server providing pages to a small number of digital signage SBC's.

Contabo kept coming up in search results with an excellent spec (6GB Ram, 500GB drive, 7 Euro/month) but no UK datacentre. I've also checked OpenVZ.io, Deepnet Solutions, Inception Hosting and UltraVPS.eu. Each seems to have some kind of package that's nearly right but then just one spec missing that can't be added or something isn't mentioned or clear from the FAQs. Does anybody have any suggestions or offers that meets the following specs, preferably for less than 8 Euro/month unless I'm hoping a bit much? I'm fairly new to VPS services so any advice gladly accepted.

I presume either openvz or KVM based VPS's will do in my case.

Min specs:
2GB Ram (I've been advised 4GB is better for KVM)
2 CPUs
100GB HDD or SSD
2TB Bandwidth/Month
Ubuntu Server 16.04/14.04
UK Datacentre (doesn't need to be a UK company though)

Possibly:
Some kind of basic backup, whether a single snapshot once per week or other, but this is just in case the server packs up and I need to recover the data on it. It's not for multiple backups or immediate redundancy.

I'm happy to pay for 6 months or a full year if it brings the price down a bit.

Many thanks.

Comments