Looking for KVM options $5-$9/yr
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Looking for KVM options $5-$9/yr

esctoresctor Member
edited April 11 in Requests

What kind of KVM options are there for about $5-$9 per year? Who here does low cost KVM stuff?

Minimum Specs:
At least 128MB. Could go lower if higher ram is allowed for Linux OS installation.
Enough HDD space for OS installation plus 200+MB for services
Location US Preferred but open to other countries

Comments

  • ehabehab Member

    come back next black friday Nov-2018

    Thanked by 1bersy

    wake up and realize reality. feel any bitter.

  • NeoonNeoon Member
    edited April 11

    If you need IPv4 the minimum even on Blackfriday was arround 10$/y.

    If you just need NAT v4 + IPv6 you can get them cheap for arround 6$/y now.

    https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=19

  • ehabehab Member

    @Neoon said:

    or he can can ca n openvz

    wake up and realize reality. feel any bitter.

  • NeoonNeoon Member

    @ehab said:

    @Neoon said:

    or he can can ca n openvz

    OVZ, not in 2018, no.

  • ChronicChronic Member
    edited April 11

    Neoon said: If you just need NAT v4 + IPv6 you can get them cheap for arround 6$/y now.
    https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=19

    These look great. Wish they had some in London. I need a small VPS for WireGuard with minimal specs, but it has to be KVM unfortunately.

  • @Chronic said:

    Neoon said: If you just need NAT v4 + IPv6 you can get them cheap for arround 6$/y now.
    https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=19

    These look great. Wish they had some in London. I need a small VPS for WireGuard with minimal specs, but it has to be KVM unfortunately.

    Does wireguard have a specific port binding?

    If you need 1 IPV4, you should revise your 'ask' budget to $12, if only to get a rare offer from an established host. (unless you like reconfiguring ips+keys for your wireguard vpn when the host deadpools)

  • esctoresctor Member

    @Neoon said:
    If you need IPv4 the minimum even on Blackfriday was arround 10$/y.

    If you just need NAT v4 + IPv6 you can get them cheap for arround 6$/y now.

    https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=19

    Aren't all those sold out?

    @Chronic said:

    Neoon said: If you just need NAT v4 + IPv6 you can get them cheap for arround 6$/y now.
    https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=19

    These look great. Wish they had some in London. I need a small VPS for WireGuard with minimal specs, but it has to be KVM unfortunately.

    Does wireguard have a specific port binding?

    If you need 1 IPV4, you should revise your 'ask' budget to $12, if only to get a rare offer from an established host. (unless you like reconfiguring ips+keys for your wireguard vpn when the host deadpools)

    At this price point, I'm willing to give up features for continual on-going price that can just pay yearly and ignore for years.

    So $12 is the on-going market rate for the minimum KVM? What's the market rate for a similar OpenVZ?

  • donlidonli Member
    edited April 12

    @esctor said:

    So $12 is the on-going market rate for the minimum KVM? What's the market rate for a similar OpenVZ?

    Do you need a dedicated IPv4 or is NAT ok?

    128 MB, 3 GB, NAT OpenVZ VPS for $2/year.

    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/141596/gullo-s-hosting-2-year-vps-hosting-pennsylvania-canada-germany-bulgaria-finland/p1

    For more NAT choices and IPv4 see:
    http://lowendstock.com
    (pay attention to the +/- ratings on the right)

    Thanked by 1vimalware
  • esctoresctor Member

    In theory, I could go without a dedicated IPv4 but I've never tried. Is the IP banned/blocked often for those NAT or are the provides good at keeping them clean? The price is appealing.

    How accurate is that +/- rating on lowendstock? Some of those providers often post here.

  • ChronicChronic Member

    vimalware said: Does wireguard have a specific port binding?

    No, you can set it up on any port. But it requires kernel >=3.10.

  • donlidonli Member
    edited April 13

    @esctor said:

    How accurate is that +/- rating on lowendstock? Some of those providers often post here.

    Based on what I know I consider the +/- categories providers fall in to be pretty accurate.

    But note that the number associated with the +/- is influenced by number of users. A great provider with only 3 users might have a +3 rating whereas a good provider with 10 users might have a +10 rating.

  • kmaskmas Member
    edited May 12

    @esctor said:
    In theory, I could go without a dedicated IPv4 but I've never tried. Is the IP banned/blocked often for those NAT or are the provides good at keeping them clean? The price is appealing.

    How accurate is that +/- rating on lowendstock? Some of those providers often post here.

    mod edit: removed for breaking community rules.

  • CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Provider
    edited April 13

    Take a look at our offer Here

    could probably do the HTKVM256 for $10/yr with only 5GB disk

    Let me know if you are interested

    Thanked by 1vimalware
    █ Cloudxtiny.co.uk - Shared Hosting and VPS Hosting
    █ Dedicated Servers | UK,US,DE Datacentres | 24x7 Support | Follow: Twitter: @CloudxtinyInc
  • dracodraco Member

    If you don't mind increasing your budget to $15/yr, try http://tinykvm.com/

  • stdhellostdhello Member
    edited April 25

    $8.5 512M , KVM , 1T BW.

  • emghemgh Member

    Neoon said: If you need IPv4 the minimum even on Blackfriday was arround 10$/y.

    Got mine for $4.

  • williewillie Member

    emgh said: Got mine for $4.

    Where? There was a Virmach special for $4, but it was openvz.

Sign In or Register to comment.