Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DBD Server up for renewal
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DBD Server up for renewal

machine123machine123 Member
edited April 2018 in General

[Edit] This is not a transfer, please don't PM asking for it.

So, my DBD server is up for renewal. I don't have a use for it at the very moment but I also don't want to let it go. I am not sure if it's allowed to maybe offer it as a month to month rental to someone over here, I am of course no provider and they will have to handle everything on their own. The specs are as follows:

E3-1270 V2
32 GB
240 GB SSD
20TB @ 1Gbps
Philadelphia location

$23 (paypal fees etc)

This server is perfect for plex duty, and performs great for users in Canada too. Let me know what you guys think.

Terms:
- You will get full IPMI access, but no access to management console (billing/etc)
- There is literally no support, like only if there is a hardware failure, everything else is on you
- Either party can cancel with a 1 month notice, however I won't be using it for atleast 6 months.
- No abuse of the server please, this is simply subletting to help the community and to recoup the costs I am paying a month for an idling dedi. 
- Your account must be in good standing on LET and will be subject to mod's discretion based on past history.
Thanked by 1kkrajk

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

This is the first time I think I've seen a deal too good for LET.

Thanked by 2kkrajk machine123
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

That is indeed a good deal.

Thanked by 1machine123
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Can vouch for DbD. I have three servers with them (one with almost the exact same specs as OP). Uptime has been 100% (5-min interval checks) for over a year. Support is extremely slow if not unresponsive for non-critical tasks (i.e. allocating an IPv6 block, ordering an additional IP address, etc.), but for critical issues are on top of it (had a power issue with one of my boxes and was taken care of and back online within a few hours).

Good luck with the sale, OP. This isn't against the rules in my eyes, just a friendly arrangement. Make sure you vouch for whatever potential buyers you have to prevent anything from biting you in the ass (i.e. restrict to older and reputable LET members or something similar). If you'd like me to run anything through FraudRecord, I'd be happy to do so.

Thanked by 2machine123 kkrajk
  • @MasonR said:
    Good luck with the sale, OP. This isn't against the rules in my eyes, just a friendly arrangement.

To play bad cop here: it's on the edge of the rules in my opinion, but as long as you're not making a profit and agree on a clear "cancellation" term up-front it should be fine.

Thanked by 2MasonR machine123
  • interested, but need more disk space. :(

• teamacc said: To play bad cop here: it's on the edge of the rules in my opinion, but as long as you're not making a profit and agree on a clear "cancellation" term up-front it should be fine.

>

Thank you, no profit whatsoever, just an additional dollar for paypal/currency conversion etc. I'd rather it come to some use then sit idle. Already have received quite a few offers.

• @teamacc said:
    To play bad cop here: it's on the edge of the rules in my opinion, but as long as you're not making a profit and agree on a clear "cancellation" term up-front it should be fine.

Honestly, I doubt he could make any profit when it's priced at $23 and the server itself is worth around $33 from DbD at their current pricing. It's actually quite a steal, but to be frank the last thing most of us here need is another server.

Thanked by 1machine123
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@FlamesRunner said: but to be frank the last thing most of us here need is another server.

Blasphemy!!! ;)

• vishvish Member

How many concurrent 1080p transcodes can this box do?

• machine123machine123 Member
    edited April 2018

Server has been rented out, apologies to those I couldn't respond, there was quite a bit of interest in this. This thread can be closed.

Edit: A big thanks to @MasonR for doing the detective work :)

This discussion has been closed.