Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yearly Dedi
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Yearly Dedi

ATHKATHK Member
edited October 2013 in Requests

Looking for a yearly dedi server

Any CPU at least 2 cores
100GB HDD (possibly smaller)
300GB BW (possibly less)
2 - 4 GB RAM
2 x IP
100 Mbps port

Comments

• Location?

• Any location, sorry.

• OVH 2013 would be great option for you.

• And your budget is?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

I wonder why are you looking specifically for a "yearly" dedi. Probably so it's cheaper that way, then why not just say "looking for a cheap dedi"?

• @rm_ said:
    I wonder why are you looking specifically for a "yearly" dedi. Probably so it's cheaper that way, then why not just say "looking for a cheap dedi"?

I prefer to pay yearly in all honesty.

Budget < $300

• $300 gives you a lot of providers to choose from, especially if you are outside EU (i.e. no VAT).

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2013

I prefer to pay yearly in all honesty.

What do you do if you're dissatisfied with the service 6 months down the road? Suffer in silence, or go to LET to badmouth the company? Kind of no other options left, no one will give you half a year refund on yearly plans, so can't simply cancel and go use a different provider.

It is insanity to "prefer pay yearly" when it comes to $200-300, unless you're forced to, or it gives a significant benefit (like a 20% discount).

As for the actual suggestions, check out http://digicube.fr/rapidserveurs

• I am not one to bad mouth a provider, I only want the server to host a few personal websites / API stuff.

You always take a risk when buying a server and I prefer to pay a lump sum, obviously anyone who gives me an offer here I'll be doing research on I am not just going to purchase a yearly without some sort of reassurance that the host isn't going to go poof but again that's another risk that has to be taken...

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@ATHK said:
    I am not one to bad mouth a provider, I only want the server to host a few personal websites / API stuff.

You always take a risk when buying a server and I prefer to pay a lump sum, obviously anyone who gives me an offer here I'll be doing research on I am not just going to purchase a yearly without some sort of reassurance that the host isn't going to go poof but again that's another risk that has to be taken...

Completely agree. Do your research well if you're going to pay a whole year in advance.

• If you're okay with only one core, Online.net is always an option. They have their $10/month VIA (one core), 2gb RAM, 160gb HD (if you're in the france, it's 500gb hybrid) , unlimited (I think) 1gbps and IP's are only $1 extra I believe.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

PM me will give you a mind blowing deal...