Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Cloud now available in Finland - Helsinki
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Cloud now available in Finland - Helsinki

realbusinessrealbusiness Member
edited April 2018 in General

I thought some here would like to know that Hetzner Cloud (same price as Germany) is now available in Finland.

Comments

• manlivomanlivo Member
    edited April 2018

Wait Asia location :)

• ehabehab Member

@stefeman said:
    Bought.

do the pleasure of Geekbench please.

• Woo hoo, nice! But too late, I already got a $2.00/year Helsinki VPS from @Cam ;).

Thanked by 2Cam MasonR
  • ehabehab Member

@willie said:

what are you up to with that $2 vps? idle is not an excuse.

• williewillie Member
    edited April 2018

ehab said:

what are you up to with that $2 vps? idle is not an excuse.

The idea is to exchange some data with another Finnish location without routing the traffic across national borders. In the case of one end being at Hetzner's Helsinki DC, the data may actually be going through Germany anyway, but it's the thought that counts ;).

Thanked by 1ehab
  • Also seemed to slightly increase the pricing.

• AidanAidan Member

Here you go:

Thanked by 1ehab
  • YokedEgg said: Also seemed to slightly increase the pricing.

What changed? The euro amounts and the VM specs are the same as far as I can tell.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • RazzaRazza Member
    edited April 2018

@willie said:

YokedEgg said: Also seemed to slightly increase the pricing.

What changed? The euro amounts and the VM specs are the same as far as I can tell.

The price not gone up, when am on the panel to create a new server it says on bottom of page All prices incl. 20 % VAT.

The price in the screenshot is including 20% vat.

• Razza said: The price in the screenshot is including 20% vat.

I still see the non-VAT prices. I think the site figures out that I'm viewing from outside the EU. It doesn't always do that though.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited April 2018

@ehab said:

@stefeman said:
    Bought.

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/7876417

With the cheapest plan.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @willie said:

Going based off of this.

http://prntscr.com/j338hr

Don't know if that's a vat situation, but previously it displayed slightly less. Connecting from US IP.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@YokedEgg said:

@willie said:

Going based off of this.

Don't know if that's a vat situation, but previously it displayed slightly less. Connecting from US IP.

Make sure you have the right country/region selected (top left). If you pick US/World or whatever it won't show the VAT, but if you have an EU country selected it'll calculate that country's VAT and tack it on.

• Hetzner Finland Benchmark

Thanked by 1FoxelVox
  • YokedEgg said:

Yeah that's vat. For non-vat prices, try:

https://www.hetzner.com/cloud?country=us

• EHRAEHRA Member

Do they provide an IP for testing? I'm having a very good experience with Hetzner. Their service has been very stable.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Veeery excited!

Now, I would love to have the last plan with increased SSD space. It should be double of the previous plan.

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@MikePT said:
    Now, I would love to have the last plan with increased SSD space. It should be double of the previous plan.

And double the price of the previous plan, so you'd pay 40 euro instead of 29.90 euro for the largest one. No?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

EHRA said: Do they provide an IP for testing?

Thanked by 2Hetzner_OL EHRA
  • emghemgh Member
    edited April 2018

Finland dedi avaliable! Not anymore.

• Being noob here, but I'm curious about the excitement...I thought you all some of you said Finland's networking is shit?

• FalzoFalzo Member

@pullangcubo said:
    Being noob here, but I'm curious about the excitement...I thought you all some of you said Finland's networking is shit?

obviously people don't care with a 2.5€ VM as much as with a dedicated ;-)

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • daffydaffy Member

@Falzo said:

@pullangcubo said:
    Being noob here, but I'm curious about the excitement...I thought you all some of you said Finland's networking is shit?

obviously people don't care with a 2.5€ VM as much as with a dedicated ;-)

Of course, also depends on where your target audience is and from where you are connecting.
    From Norway I have around 19ms to Finland and 38ms to our current server in Germany. :)

Thanked by 2pullangcubo karjaj
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Hi everyone, It's great to see all this enthusiam for the Hetzner Cloud in Helsinki!

@manlivo - Helsinki is our first DC outside of Germany, so we're going to focus on optimizing operations there for now. But it's good to hear that we're wanted in Asia! :)

@EHRA - We don't currently have any test IPs for you. We are in the process of restructuring our test server system. I'll make an annoucement about that on social media when it's finished.

--Katie, Marketing

Thanked by 2openos klikli
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Hetzner_OL said: Helsinki is our first DC outside of Germany, so we're going to focus on optimizing operations there for now.

Just do what the other guys do: stack up the government grants and raise a ton of venture capital, then expand worldwide ;)

• @manlivo said:

When? I want too

• donlidonli Member

@mrlongshen said:

@manlivo said:

When? I want too

Don't hold your breath. In the mean time OVH is now in Singapore: https://www.ovh.com/world/vps/#ssd-discover

• williewillie Member
    edited April 2018

Zerpy said: And double the price of the previous plan, so you'd pay 40 euro instead of 29.90 euro for the largest one. No?

The 16gb plan is 15.90 euro so double would be 31.80. And if you spend that, besides the higher disk space you also get two IP addresses.

For the 32gb plan I did notice the disk space discrepancy and having 320gb would be nicer than 240gb in principle, but imo it's not really significant in practice. The big plans are mostly about cpu and ram. Disk space would be interesting if you could add larger amounts like 1TB or could add hard drives. Remote mounting an HDD based auction server is one possible approach. You can also use storage boxes, though that's more limited.

• EHRAEHRA Member

@rm_ said:

Thank you for your help @rm. With this IP I found that Finland has a better ping than Germany for my location.

@Hetzner_OL said:
    @EHRA - We don't currently have any test IPs for you. We are in the process of restructuring our test server system. I'll make an annoucement about that on social media when it's finished.

--Katie, Marketing

Okay, @Hetzner_OL (Katie). Thanks for the info.