Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best way to prevent modification of PHP.ini from hackers ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best way to prevent modification of PHP.ini from hackers ?

We would like to see the different views of each people how we can stop the modification in php.ini that hackers do once the website is Vulnerable ?

Comments

• You really want to learn regarding symlink bypass :P Surprised your tag contains hostripples, affected host with hackers?

• Hello CentrioHost.. seems you misunderstood the query :)
    symlink bypass can be stop in many ways if you are a good hacker and system admin .. and been a playing both roles from long time :) i am sure we can stop the users and restrict access to php.ini variables .. which is the real query of hostripples.. hope he/she will be agree with me :)

by searching on net found one usefull info which will help you to get solve your query hostripples check it http://winlinuxadmins.com/index.php?/topic/1177-creating-custom-php-ini-in-cpanel-suphp-server/

• Question is what 'vulnerable' means. What is the scenario of gaining access to Web root?

• scenario: like a backdoor php script

• skaska Member
    edited October 2013

I. Are you guys connected?

II. How about cutting down the signature to a reasonable, space-saving one-liner?

• I'm sure they ripped centriohost's signature

• @qtriangle said:
    scenario: like a backdoor php script

The first question I would ask would be "How on Earth did it appear on server?"

-- Incoming traffic from compromised IPs/nets should be blocked; suspicious activity (such as posting to URLs not present on server) should result in banning corresponding IPs

-- Web server process UID/GID should not be able to write within Web root. If that is required, no file execution should be allowed within directory where file creation/upload is allowed to. Similarly, no file may be directly included/interpreted (as a script, for example)

-- Web server process UID/GID should not be allowed reading where it isn't supposed to

-- Web server processes should not be able to execute scripts/whatever; if it is absolutely required, they should only be allowed to execute certain files/scripts

-- Intrusion detection system should raise alert/restrict access to servers etc if data is written/changed where it isn't supposed to

-- SELinux/APpArmor/other security facilities should be set up to prevent access to where it isn't allowed

The above are obvious measures that should be in effect under any circumstances, IMNSHO.

• @ska said:
    I. Are you guys connected?

II. How about cutting down the signature to a reasonable, space-saving one-liner?

Wow... Just noticed...! Whats a freak. First discussed about symlink protection on a thread, then another thread about php.ini protection, just cloning signature styles... What next...!!

• oh no someone stole how I styled my signature pls ban he!

• @CentrioHost said:
    What next...!!

teach how to clone ur sig.. :P