Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[$50] Disabled networking on windows 2012 server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[$50] Disabled networking on windows 2012 server

Hey guys,

I just disabled networking on windows 2012 server by accident (yes i know, im idiot). I can access server only with sysrcd. Is there any way to enable networking with sysrcd? Im willing to pay for help.

Comments

• If it's a dedicated server, ask your provider if you can get access to KVM for the specific machine for a limited time. Usually most providers are able to give you access to the machine using a Lantronix spider or similar.

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited April 2018

Well, not sure if this will work, but you can try creating a script with netsh, put that in the startup folder. That should be the easiest way to accomplish this.

Edit: I don't think this will work, I believe startup folder is executed at sign on, and since you have no way to sign on, they won't be executed.

• dodheimsgarddodheimsgard Member
    edited April 2018

@Prime404 thanks for this, but provider wont give me kvm so thats not an option.

• Another method, may take a long time, dd the entire drive with sysrcd, gzip it, then restore to a local computer or something, fix networking and dd back. It's probably the slowest way to get this fixed but might be worth it of you don't want to reinstall and reconfigure everything.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

can you start a registry editor from sysrcd?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Basically, this is what you need to do;
    Please change two registries to resolve your issue:

1.Turn on Automatic Logon :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    DefaultUserName :
    DefaultPassword : < Local Admin Pwd>
    AutoAdminLogon : 1

2.To run the netsh command to run automatically on a reboot.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    Create a string value as enablenic with the value

Thanked by 1ehab
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@dodheimsgard said:
    @Prime404 thanks for this, but provider wont give me kvm so thats not an option.

Why not check if you do have IPMI with your server?

• erwinerwin Member
    edited April 2018

Hi.
    Try to boot your system via qemu and access it via vnc. See troubleshoot in the following tutorial: http://www.danpros.com/2017/09/install-windows-on-any-server-using-rescue-system-and-qemu-kvm

You will not be able to directly enable the physical Ethernet adapter as the system is running in qemu and it shows you just the virtual network device. But you should find a way how enable it when you have full access to the system via vnc...

• Jake4Jake4 Member

What provider are you using? Some may offer another type of KVM or iLO.

• Thanks guys for replies, i wiped hard drive and installed fresh server. Hope your answers will help someone else.

• Shit

• Well, wiping the Windows Installation isn't always needed in this case.

There's something called PowerShell and I've used it many times to fix my screwups on Windows...

• CdoeCdoe Member
    edited April 2018

@TriJetScud said:
    Well, wiping the Windows Installation isn't always needed in this case.

There's something called PowerShell and I've used it many times to fix my screwups on Windows...

Care to explain how you would solve OP's problem via powershell?