Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wishosting - KVM plans
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wishosting - KVM plans

exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

Hello,

The VPS specs are listed below:

KVM HDD Plus

2 vCPU core AMD Opteron 6128
Unlimited CPU cores 2GHz
8GB ECC RAM
200GB HDD RAID-1
Linux/Windows OS
Unmetered 250Mbps bandwidth
1 IPv4
DDoS protection
Control Panel - OpenNebula
Location - France (OVH)
Price - $6.99/mo
Link - https://www.wishosting.com/order/config/index/VPS/?group_id=2&pricing_id=35

Check our website for more KVM offers.

You can order several packages of the same type and combine them into one VM. Also, you can request a private networking between your VMs.

Also, there are a few dedicated servers available with GPU but with no control panel. Specs below:

Intel Core2Quad CPU
4GB RAM
500GB HDD
GPU - either of RX580/RX480/GTX1060
100Mbps unmetered
Location - NL
Price - $60/mo
No control panel, reinstalls via ticket, Linux only
Contact [email protected]

The payment gateway is 2Checkout (PayPal).

For anyone interested, there is also an affiliate program - https://www.wishosting.com/plugin/support_manager/knowledgebase/view/18/affiliate-program/1/

Comments

• Dedicated should under $49, right?

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited April 2018

@Yandex

Dedicated Server rules

>
    >

Offer thread rules apply.

>

Only post offers that are under $84/month recurring.

>

Only monthly offers allowed.

>

No setup fees.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/136870/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-25th-march-2018/p1

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • I'm interested in this but the location of the datacenter for this plan is in France which would cause great latency and also, there was a coupon with 200 extra GBs, so I'm wondering if I should.

• I am very confused with the term unlimited cpu.

Thanked by 1omelas
  • levnode said: I am very confused with the term unlimited cpu.

It means you won't get suspended for using all the cpu that the system makes available to you. It doesn't guarantee that you get 100% of the cycles that the hardware under your VM can produce. It's still a shared machine, so at some level you're competing with other users for those cycles. Typically if you max out your available cycles for long periods, the VM will get slowed down (throttled) but it can keep running at the reduced speed. How and whether that's done depends on the plan and I don't know Wishosting's policy about this. These plans work best if the hardware CPU is underutilized and you only want to do bursty computations. That actually works pretty well in practice if your expectations are realistic and you make your purchase choices accordingly.

If the cycles on the VM's underlying hardware cores are guaranteed to you, that's called dedicated cores. If all of the hardware cores are dedicated to you, that's a dedicated server (bare metal) or a "virtual dedicated" (v-dedi, basically a dedi running a single VM just for you). Dedicated core plans are available from various hosts but I haven't seen any yet that are really cost effective if what you're after is raw cpu cycles. You're better off with a dedi or v-dedi if you want that. Wishosting has some nice V-dedi plans though I don't know if any are currently in stock.

TLDR: light computation => regular vps should work for you. Bursty computation (sometimes heavy) => "unlimited cpu" vps can be good. Extended heavy computation => dedi or v-dedi is best.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@willie said:

levnode said: I am very confused with the term unlimited cpu.

It means you won't get suspended for using all the cpu that the system makes available to you. It doesn't guarantee that you get 100% of the cycles that the hardware under your VM can produce. It's still a shared machine, so at some level you're competing with other users for those cycles. Typically if you max out your available cycles for long periods, the VM will get slowed down (throttled) but it can keep running at the reduced speed. How and whether that's done depends on the plan and I don't know Wishosting's policy about this. These plans work best if the hardware CPU is underutilized and you only want to do bursty computations. That actually works pretty well in practice if your expectations are realistic and you make your purchase choices accordingly.

If the cycles on the VM's underlying hardware cores are guaranteed to you, that's called dedicated cores. If all of the hardware cores are dedicated to you, that's a dedicated server (bare metal) or a "virtual dedicated" (v-dedi, basically a dedi running a single VM just for you). Dedicated core plans are available from various hosts but I haven't seen any yet that are really cost effective if what you're after is raw cpu cycles. You're better off with a dedi or v-dedi if you want that. Wishosting has some nice V-dedi plans though I don't know if any are currently in stock.

TLDR: light computation => regular vps should work for you. Bursty computation (sometimes heavy) => "unlimited cpu" vps can be good. Extended heavy computation => dedi or v-dedi is best.

Thx @willie, you nailed it.

• Hey @exception0x876, will there ever be a time when we'll see your KVM HDD Plus packages (and prices) in LA? ^^

• imokimok Member

Would be nice to have something similar in Canada

• @imok

I have a beautiful Canadian basement ready for service :P

Seriously though, I'd say DigitalOcean is always a good choice. Not nearly as cheap, but eh, until he releases a Montreal plan, you're fairly limited in your options.

• imokimok Member

@flamesrunner actually I ask for Canada because it's one of his locations. I like Dallas or Florida.

Those specs from DO will have a higher price.

• imok said: I ask for Canada because it's one of his locations.

Can't you use 1800GB of disk for $10/m?

• imokimok Member

@willie said:

imok said: I ask for Canada because it's one of his locations.

Can't you use 1800GB of disk for $10/m?

No because I don't need that disk size and it's 1 core and 1GB RAM.

Nevermind... not urgent right now.

• Hey @exception0x876, are there any plans to release an HDD Plus plan in Canada? I'd get one but the latency would be significant.

• @exception0x876

How much for extra IPv4's?

Is coupon code EXTRAKICKS applicable here?

@AgentICS said:
    Hey @exception0x876, are there any plans to release an HDD Plus plan in Canada? I'd get one but the latency would be significant.

Hello, not for now, this offer is not that easy to re-create at other DC.

@aglodek said:
    @exception0x876

How much for extra IPv4's?

Is coupon code EXTRAKICKS applicable here?

Extra IPs are not available. Feel free to mention the coupon in the support ticket.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • @exception0x876 said:

Does that mean that it's a no as well for LA? Is LA all SSD plans?

@pullangcubo said:

@exception0x876 said:

Does that mean that it's a no as well for LA? Is LA all SSD plans?

That's correct, no HDD plans in LA atm.

• @exception0x876 said:

That's correct, no HDD plans in LA atm.

Are there any plans to have HDD plans in LA anytime soon? And if so, can we expect the same pricing as in France? I just wanted to know if I can keep my hopes high ^^

• @AgentICS said: Hey @exception0x876, are there any plans to release an HDD Plus plan in Canada? I'd get one but the latency would be significant.

Are there any VPSes available in Canada?

@AgentICS said:

@AgentICS said: Hey @exception0x876, are there any plans to release an HDD Plus plan in Canada? I'd get one but the latency would be significant.

KVM HDD Plus II CA is in stock atm.

• AgentICSAgentICS Member
    edited April 2018

@AgentICS said:

exception0x876 said: s @AgentICS said: Hey @exception0x876, are there any plans to release an HDD Plus plan in Canada? I'd get one but the latency would be significant.

I don't see it as available on the website, only SSD i7 and Storage CA

@AgentICS said:

@AgentICS said:

exception0x876 said: s @AgentICS said: Hey @exception0x876, are there any plans to release an HDD Plus plan in Canada? I'd get one but the latency would be significant.

I don't see it as available on the website, only SSD i7 and Storage CA

It was on low stock.

• is this offer still valid?

• please check for invoice 21945 .. is paid

• Yesterday i paid for the vps, after that i didnt hear them or even did not received any email from them regarding my new vps, any one from wishosting around ?

Kindly check my ticket number 7540875