Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VirtEngine - Decentralized Cloud Computing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VirtEngine - Decentralized Cloud Computing

DETioDETio Member
edited April 2018 in General

Hey LET,

We've been hard at work developing VirtEngine, we will be implementing a Decentralized Cloud Computing Portal for Users to deploy Cloud Computing workloads from a marketplace of providers in various locations with different performance and prices including LowEnd market rates.

You can learn more about it here: https://virtengine.cloud

Thanked by 1klikli

Comments

• Erm, cute, but why would anyone want to use this instead of dealing directly with the provider?

• DETioDETio Member
    edited April 2018

@willie said:
    Erm, cute, but why would anyone want to use this instead of dealing directly with the provider?

The user gains benefits when he uses the decentralized portal since he can easily migrate workloads between different providers, our auto-scaling functionality will also work across providers.

Also the provider's website will be directly available so the user may also sign up for a direct account.

When there is an issue the user can directly contact the provider by opening a ticket from the portal.

Thanked by 1willie
  • I mean, idk what type of clients you might have, I personally got no use for it, but for the sake of arguing:
    If someone has the need to do such things, shouldn't they most likely have custom solution or the capacity to create it? I mean, aws/d.o/etc already do this :O

• DETioDETio Member
    edited April 2018

@duckeeyuck said:
    I mean, idk what type of clients you might have, I personally got no use for it, but for the sake of arguing:
    If someone has the need to do such things, shouldn't they most likely have custom solution or the capacity to create it? I mean, aws/d.o/etc already do this :O

It's useful for users that want to deploy workloads on multiple providers from a single endpoint, as well as filter providers based on the users requirements.

For example a user might sort/filter the providers based on latency, or based on performance speeds (Disk I/O or CPU Benchmarks), or based on price. The user might want to filter providers based if they offer High Availability or not,

It's more useful than DigitalOcean/AWS since the user has full transparency on his options.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

^ OnAPP clone basically @DETio but for the lesser price point. But this isn't one of those markets where you should be intending to push such a product start aiming at corporates with such a fine product you should be able to get contracted with the big guys in no time given you spare some to visit a few companies to explain your product.

Thanked by 1DETio
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

DETio said: It's useful for users that want to deploy workloads on multiple providers from a single endpoint

If they are at that stage in their deployment wouldn't something like Terraform be more appropriate? Can you generate Terraform files from your panel with a state file if someone decides to leave you but wants to keep the infrastructure?

There is definitely a market for managed application hosting on customers own infrastructure deployment through a web panel. You mentioned "auto-scaling functionality will also work across providers" does this take into account the application that's being hosted or just VMs?

• DETioDETio Member

@trewq said:

DETio said: It's useful for users that want to deploy workloads on multiple providers from a single endpoint

If they are at that stage in their deployment wouldn't something like Terraform be more appropriate? Can you generate Terraform files from your panel with a state file if someone decides to leave you but wants to keep the infrastructure?

There is definitely a market for managed application hosting on customers own infrastructure deployment through a web panel. You mentioned "auto-scaling functionality will also work across providers" does this take into account the application that's being hosted or just VMs?

Yeah terraform is a very good choice available in the market that allows you to spread deployments.

This would be a way to deploy things from just a UI, as well as scale your applications (Custom or Prepackaged) within a few clicks.

Yes, auto-scaling will take account a schema of the application (DB / Front-End) and scale the application accordingly.