Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Santrex.net Ceasing Operations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Santrex.net Ceasing Operations

jakejake Member
edited October 2013 in Providers

Just saw this at WHT. Back in May, Santrex was banned off PayPal and was forced to stop accepting PayPal payments, and now they are closing their doors and referring their customers to BalticServers.

Santrex owns a /18 (46.166.128.0/18), that's 16381 owned IP addresses, who knows what else they had leased. I imagine there is quite a large number of customers impacted by this. It is interesting to see this happen, and it makes me wonder what the reason was for shutting down the business after 5 years.

We regret to inform you that due to internal network issues and recent downtime, we have moved your account directly to our partner in Lithuania to provide you with a replacement service, for you to be able to receive your new VPS details, you will have to email [email protected] direcly quoting the email address you hold on our system to be able to start using your service again.

Once they receive your email they will confirm with us, and deliver your order, they'll also invoice you directly from now onwards, our partner is in no way responsible for your downtime, refunds or balances, they are only acting on our behalf to provide you with services as we no longer are in business to provide you with any services:

Netherlands and Ukraine services: Please backup your data as the servers will be shut down within 7 working days.

All other locations: Due to downtime and data losses you may just request your service from our partner free of charge.

***** Please note that Santrex is no longer going to provide any services of any kind, and since we're unable to do so, we're doing our best to provide you with services to minimize the losses on your end, we will not be able to refund any balances you may have had with us, and the deal with our partner will ONLY be 30 days free of charge from the date of delivery, if you have paid us any longer periods for your server we will try our best to fulfil after 30 days, there is no guarantee what so ever that we will be able to do so *****

***** Please do not reply back to this email, and deal directly with our partner *****

Regards,

Santrex team

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Jack said:
    Francisco has the love going on here.

This was posted on VPSBoard within the last hour, most of your content (other threads too) seems to be ripped from VPSBoard Jake.

Great forum member.

No no he got it from WHT it's totally legit. Seriously though the vpsboard copying is strong with this one. It's not like content isn't going to go back and forth so much as...dude learn how to start a conversation with nothing but your own mind. Mental exercise > copy/paste.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • Here we go again :) VPSB owns all the content in the world!

Here is my actual source like I stated in the Original Post, I did not even see it on VPSB until you mentioned it @Jack. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8852585&postcount=31

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2013

This was posted on VPSBoard within the last hour

And at WHT week ago. Unnecessary drama.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • @Jack so? It's publicly available information. I actually looked at their ASN (AS57668), looked at the announced prefixes information and went from there.

Thanked by 1perennate

@jake said:
    Here we go again :) VPSB owns all the content in the world!

Here we go again :) The vpsboard/let forum bridge plugin code-named "jake" has nothing worth saying on his own.

Thanked by 2perennate connercg
  • Just sharing news I saw while surfing WHT :)

Thanked by 1perennate
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Basically the entire concept behind reddit, no reasons to complain

• And this is surprising because...?
    We've known this was down to happen sooner or later.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

At least they make reasonable efforts to find a new home for their customers and are upfront about it, not take the money and run like others.
    And, no, nobody owns the content in WHT or VPSB, you do not need my permission to quote me, nor the permission of CC.

• @Maounique well, you most likely need CC's permission. Any stuff they don't like is deleted by them.

• Good to see @jake and @perennate thanking his own posts, since they're the same person :)

Thanked by 1perennate

@Fliphost said:
    Basically the entire concept behind reddit, no reasons to complain

Reddit is meant to bridge two forums? Nah, that's Jake.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • Well, this is actually not such bad news, I don't know how baltic is, but I know I ordered a server from santrex and they delivered it after 3 weeks, initially claiming 24 hour setup.

Anyway, not such a bad company, but they are just middlemen, back in the days (2011) they were offering the cheapest dedis, I guess with OVH and all the dedi prices being so low they are not making profits anymore.

• They had an almost similar name like santrex. They close the previous one and created another almost similar domain name. (this was proven) Because their business practice was so bad that they had to rebrand. I remember one blogger actually wrote a lengthy review on this. But I can't remember where. It's not surprise they "go out of business". They're coming back with another trexsan I suppose.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2013

dat /18....must resist....nobody will route that....spamhaus.... aahhhh the hard choices :>

Thanked by 1c0y