Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GalaxyHostPlus - CLOSING DOWN - TIME TO CHARGE BACK - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GalaxyHostPlus - CLOSING DOWN - TIME TO CHARGE BACK

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

This troll cares about shipping, but it's situational. If it's over 100, I always choose EMS. The only exceptions have been ES CPUs.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2018

@rafaelscs said:
    Or call to

Nah, Better Call Saul.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2018

AnthonySmith said: yep, lets not turn it in to a side fight, I can just close this until Saturday morning if that's the way it goes.

There's no side fight. It's just side swiping the naive turds that talk like they're angels.

Let's keep this very simple, you pay for X you get X, anything less is unacceptable. In fact I kept this conversation on topic.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

right ok, is what it is.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@deank said:
    People don't learn from others' mistakes. Heck, they don't even learn from their own mistakes.
    I appreciate @KuJoe for the wall of text but the kids who are about to start web hosting biz ain't got time for that.

I know, and kids will fail regardless of what I say or do. My post was mainly for the adults who are interested in getting into the industry (which I don't recommend).

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2018

@AnthonySmith said:
    13) Don't work a full time job while trying to run a hosting company, if you ignore this and do it anyway and you are still doing it in year 2, your business model failed or you need to admit its nothing but a side hobby.

I'm going to have to disagree here. Regardless of how successful my company is I would always have a full time job also because:

1) Three incomes are better than 2 (mine and my wife's).
    2) Job security is a thing of the past, knowing I could lose my job or my company and still survive is more important that being able to lounge by the pool collecting a check.
    3) Insurance, this is really the key for me. I tried shopping around for private insurance and I don't know anybody that rich. With a family to support I'll go be a manager at a fast food restaurant if it means my health insurance is only $500 a month.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@ricardo said:

MikePT said: Read above and stop being ridiculous.

I'm able to read. You've went from easy going 'he can have my money' to knocking his door down demanding answers.

Be a consistent clown at the very least.

Apparently you have not read my replies. That was before this "module issue" which lead me thinking otherwise. If you didnt get it, sorry then.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jackb said:

9) Don't mess up with production code on payments if you know you cannot pay back fast incase off issues.

Correction: don't mess with production, period. Whmcs do dev licences for cheap ($50 one-time iirc). Stripe does dev keys free. Etc.

Do dev in a dev environment.

Dev licenses are free. You are eligible for a dev license for each whmcs license.

KuJoe said: 3) Insurance, this is really the key for me. I tried shopping around for private insurance and I don't know anybody that rich. With a family to support I'll go be a manager at a fast food restaurant if it means my health insurance is only $500 a month.

@KuJoe said:

@AnthonySmith said:
    13) Don't work a full time job while trying to run a hosting company, if you ignore this and do it anyway and you are still doing it in year 2, your business model failed or you need to admit its nothing but a side hobby.

I'm going to have to disagree here. Regardless of how successful my company is I would always have a full time job also because:

1) Three incomes are better than 2 (mine and my wife's).
    2) Job security is a thing of the past, knowing I could lose my job or my company and still survive is more important that being able to lounge by the pool collecting a check.
    3) Insurance, this is really the key for me. I tried shopping around for private insurance and I don't know anybody that rich. With a family to support I'll go be a manager at a fast food restaurant if it means my health insurance is only $500 a month.

Well there will always be fringe cases I guess, I was coming to this more from. UK/EU standpoint where your insurance is built in to your TAX/NI at percentage of your income, I suppose if you have an understanding employer that allows you to work on your own business it can work, that again though is fairly rare.

I mean if I was working for company X while running Inception hosting the service would be utter shite as there would be 10 hours of the day where I would have to ignore Inception Hosting I sleep for 8 hours and at some point I need to eat and shit etc.

That was what I meant

• MikePT said:

Apparently you have not read my replies. That was before this "module issue" which lead me thinking otherwise. If you didnt get it, sorry then.

Are you some kind of anal retentive "module" automaton. fuck sakes man. common sense sailed a long time before you arrived at any logical conclusion about anything in particular. wind your neck in.

Thanked by 3Covelio Lee lazyt
  • @ricardo said:

MikePT said:

Are you some kind of anal retentive "module" automaton. fuck sakes man. common sense sailed a long time before you arrived at any logical conclusion about anything in particular. wind your neck in.

The angus has been peppered.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@MikePT said:

@jackb said:

9) Don't mess up with production code on payments if you know you cannot pay back fast incase off issues.

Correction: don't mess with production, period. Whmcs do dev licences for cheap ($50 one-time iirc). Stripe does dev keys free. Etc.

Do dev in a dev environment.

Dev licenses are free. You are eligible for a dev license for each whmcs license.

Not always. If the licence was originally from a third party e.g. reseller - even if it's been transferred to whmcs directly - you have to pay.

Thanked by 2MikePT lazyt

reopened so @GalaxyHostPlus can provide updates.

• LeviLevi Member

Don't wait. Almost 99.9% sure he will avoid refunding with blame on his work and salary 'not on time'. Typical.

Proceed to chargeback without a doubt. Right now.

Thanked by 1feezioxiii
  • So, we're out of business hours in the United Kingdom and Ireland - 6ish hours to go.

• Sidenote: his contact info is on his site, might be a bit more responsive there.

http://januszczeropski.com/

He's probably at a pub.

Thanked by 2MasonR ehab
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@deank said:
    He's probably at a pub.

I would be too if my business collapsed.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • https://galaxyhostplus.com/

with google adsense xD

damn...

is just funny, but i understand, they want to at least take some cents.

Thanked by 1MikeA
    edited April 2018

All one-man hosting companies love to say "they" "team" and whatnot. There is really no shame in saying it's a one-man op. A dude has to start from somewhere.

Thanked by 3Falzo vimalware pike
  • @YokedEgg said:
    Sidenote: his contact info is on his site, might be a bit more responsive there.

http://januszczeropski.com/

not so silently judges the lack of proper further education certifications

• I have 22 Euro In my account balance at ghp , I made a ticket for a refund , its been 4 days and still no reply from anyone..

rockyreebz said: I have 22 Euro In my account balance at ghp , I made a ticket for a refund , its been 4 days and still no reply from anyone..

Is your server offline yet and is it in FR or DE?

• I had a yearly plan for France. which still has some time to expire. And Added 22 Euro In my Account balance!

• deank said: He's probably at a pub.

Nope... He's streaming on Twitch.

• @ElliotJ said:

deank said: He's probably at a pub.

Nope... He's streaming on Twitch.

Sooo... I assume chargebacks are encouraged now?

IThinkUFailed said: Sooo... I assume chargebacks are encouraged now?

They have been for quite some time.

Chargeback before it's too late. No matter what kind of excuses the dude might come up with in the future, you shouldn't trust him.

edited April 2018

rockyreebz said: I had a yearly plan for France. which still has some time to expire. And Added 22 Euro In my Account balance!

No matter how you paid, you need to dispute it now, the longer everyone waits the less chance you have of getting your money back and the more chance there is of hosts thinking they can get away with this sort of thing and making a criminal exit.

This discussion has been closed.