Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GalaxyHostPlus - CLOSING DOWN - TIME TO CHARGE BACK - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GalaxyHostPlus - CLOSING DOWN - TIME TO CHARGE BACK

Comments

• Treudler, is that you?

• @randvegeta said:

@GalaxyHostPlus said:

@nik said:
    What's the name of the German DC you are talking about?

GhostNet Gmbh

Really great DC, Really recommend them awesome guys.

I assume your clients are all budget VPS and the DC were not interested in taking your clients on directly? Or your servers were not profitable enough to sell to another host?

DC is not providing VPS,Cloud server only bare metal servers so they would be useless for them. also cost would be much higher if they want to rent bare metal probably starting €20 /Month for very basic server on Atom CPU I don't remember their prices very clearly.

Also due issues with x2 Nodes last month in German location due SSD Cache corruption it was not longer profitable. However I was never interested in selling my client's away. I think that would be too far to do it specially in last privacy drama on Internet.

• Any pro-rated refunds for folks on plans longer than a month?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@GalaxyHostPlus, it happens, and you've learned a lesson. Tough, I know. 30k debt for a small company is a lot, and I completely understand that sometimes we can't just make it.

Hopefully you'll be back in a few years and do things right, I appreciate your honesty, and hope you sort all your financial issues ASAP.

Best wishes for you!

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@ricardo said:
    Any pro-rated refunds for folks on plans longer than a month?

They've deadpooled with a 30k debt. I have a VPS there and won't be asking for refund, getting this guy in a worse position. Definitely, no. You could have some sense here and ignore commenting such thing for a while. It's like beating a dead horse.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

How is renting dedicated servers even a viable business model for a hosting company after 4 years in business? Do people hate money?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

While I'd love to shit-troll outta in this thread, the dude came and kicked his own nuts. Not gonna kick a downed man's nuts.

That's just low, even by a troll's standards.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

KuJoe said: How is renting dedicated servers even a viable business model for a hosting company after 4 years in business? Do people hate money?

The problem is that even if people own gear, there's a good chance they don't own IP's.

A lot of datacenters now offer VPS, Dedicated, & Colo, so why are they going to sell you cheaper IP's if they can use them for their own clients?

OVH is different in this in that they are a loss leader VC brand and have no problem throwing $400k every few months to buy another /16.

Minus maybe DO, there's no other brand on the market that I can think of that can do that.

They should've been moving into colo by the 2nd year at the latest, because 2 years ago you could still find IP's for a fair price for sale, or get yourself on the waiting lists and get something.

Francisco

Thanked by 1feezioxiii
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2018

Francisco said: there's a good chance they don't own IP's.

Yea this. With ARIN being out it becomes much harder for new players to gain IPs. With Subnet Labs getting our own IPs was our #1 priority from the moment we opened shop. We knew the time table was ticking. Low and behold 6-7 months later ARIN ran out of IPs.

We actually got our final IP allocation the day before ARIN was exhausted of all large ranges. It was making me nervous.

• LeviLevi Member

GHP please provide some of your company history. Where are you from? What size team did you had?

Lowend market should not be main business niche, it's like a marketing channel to reach more expensive customers. Failure to aknowledge this will always lead to deadpool. What a pitta

Francisco said: The problem is that even if people own gear, there's a good chance they don't own IP's.

True but even if you had to rent IPs it would still be significantly cheaper than renting a whole server. IMO if you don't have your own IPs your business is basically a ticking time bomb at this point, I'd be losing a lot of sleep if I were in that position.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:

KuJoe said: How is renting dedicated servers even a viable business model for a hosting company after 4 years in business? Do people hate money?

The problem is that even if people own gear, there's a good chance they don't own IP's.

A lot of datacenters now offer VPS, Dedicated, & Colo, so why are they going to sell you cheaper IP's if they can use them for their own clients?

OVH is different in this in that they are a loss leader VC brand and have no problem throwing $400k every few months to buy another /16.

Minus maybe DO, there's no other brand on the market that I can think of that can do that.

They should've been moving into colo by the 2nd year at the latest, because 2 years ago you could still find IP's for a fair price for sale, or get yourself on the waiting lists and get something.

Francisco

Depends on the business model.

It's perfectly reasonable to run on rented gear indefinitely if they are creating value for the clients in the service. High level customer support could be the niche, but that comes at a cost and so they need to charge accordingly.

But if you're running dirty cheap VPS, then really the only way to sustain that is to have total control of all resources necessary to run the service as any price increases anywhere can seriously affect your bottom line.

Even if you own your own hardware and IP space, rack space may still get more expensive and there is a logical tendency for this to grow over time. And good DCs can fill up, so growing the biz may mean operating from multiple locations, which in itself adds cost. This is more pronounced when you need staff to maintain the hardware and you either have them waste time traveling between DCs or hiring more people so they are always available in multiple locations. Of course that can be mitigated somewhat....

@KuJoe said:

Francisco said: The problem is that even if people own gear, there's a good chance they don't own IP's.

True but even if you had to rent IPs it would still be significantly cheaper than renting a whole server. IMO if you don't have your own IPs your business is basically a ticking time bomb at this point, I'd be losing a lot of sleep if I were in that position.

Which basically means you need to fork up a huge amount of money for IPs, limit yourself to around a /22 or pray IPv6 comes about soon!

@randvegeta said:

@KuJoe said:

Which basically means you need to fork up a huge amount of money for IPs, limit yourself to around a /22 or pray IPv6 comes about soon!

Or the option I recommend to people, do something else.

Thanked by 1YokedEgg
  • donlidonli Member
    edited April 2018

@randvegeta said:

or pray IPv6 comes about soon!

That would be more in biblical miracle category at this point.

Thanked by 1YokedEgg

@donli said:

@randvegeta said:

or pray IPv6 comes about soon!

That would be more in biblical miracle category at this point.

I am a member of the Church of the 6th Protocol!

Thanked by 1YokedEgg
  • TomTom Member

The guys at GhostNet are great, were you coloing or renting?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Forum opinions are like arseholes everyone has one but no one seems to like to get to deep in to someone else's.

You can't just say don't rent, must own, leasing is best, and anything else is wrong so go away!

You just apply common sense to everything, keep financial reserves and don't sell at a loss, not everyone starts with 6 figures to invest right away, some people start tiny while they are young and let it grow.

It's about getting a balance and understanding your balances, there are so many hosts that I know of here that also have to work a full time job to cover the costs because they are knee deep in debt from financing hardware, I can't imagine that's a fun way to live.

Anyway my arsehole was that there are many ways of doing things all of them have points of failure, sometimes its hiring the wrong staff, sometimes you invest badly, sometimes you take on to much recurring costs, sometimes you can't dedicate yourself full time because you have a mortgage to pay from day 1 of starting your business.

Hosting is one of those games you can enter at almost any level, from a $10 dedicated server to millions, if you don't recognise your own risks they will end the same way, I could probably list 20 hosts we all know that have gone tits up in the last 10 years because they took on to much risk.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

At least they were kind enough to let people know and take time to backup instead posting more obscene offers and swindling the money away.

There should always be a positive side to a downfall unlike a few providers I knew that just run away without a word....

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2018

MikePT said: You could have some sense here and ignore commenting such thing for a while. It's like beating a dead horse.

Do be quiet about sense.

While it's nice that they're somewhat honest about their situation, I'm not in the business of subsidising people's education in business.

I was more interested in the provider's response than the moral high ground one, especially since they'll likely re-appear under a new brand.

Thanked by 1qrwteyrutiyoup
  • My question is when will you pay the people you billed for nothing based on paypal agreements?
    I was billed in March 210 euro with some fantasy invoices for services named as:

DESCRIPTION AMOUNT
    CURL ERR.. TIMEOUT CHECK €10.00EUR
    404 €200.00EUR

I haD0 active services, but because we had a Paypal agreement you used IT to steal these money.

I opened one ticket and I was delayed with the amount for almost 2 weeks now.

@GalaxyHostPlus said:
    Thank You @Saragoldfarb

Hopefully if I ever try run business again at least I know where to start and what to avoid.

Hopefully some LET providers will get new client's as I will forward my client's here.

PS: I'm not interesting in selling data of my client's Im getting such PMs now.
    Privacy is top priority so it all dies here. At least I can guarantee this to my client's from my Privacy agreement.

• Thetulip said: My question is when will you pay the people you billed for nothing based on paypal agreements? I was billed in March 210 euro with some fantasy invoices for services named as:

DESCRIPTION AMOUNT CURL ERR.. TIMEOUT CHECK €10.00EUR 404 €200.00EUR

I haD0 active services, but because we had a Paypal agreement you used IT to steal these money.

If this is true, open a dispute.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@solaire said:

Thetulip said: My question is when will you pay the people you billed for nothing based on paypal agreements? I was billed in March 210 euro with some fantasy invoices for services named as:

If this is true, open a dispute.

wow, if that's true, really involve paypal instantly. I also suggest to deliver some proof of your claims, at least to some admin/mod around here.

• Thetulip said: My question is when will you pay the people you billed for nothing based on paypal agreements? I was billed in March 210 euro with some fantasy invoices for services named as:

I had a similar problem with them back in January. They charged me €10 because some payment automation went wrong on their side. Even the message was similar:

DESCRIPTION AMOUNT CURL ERR.. TIMEOUT CHECK €10.00EUR 404

It took 3 weeks to get a response, but I was refunded in the end.

• @Thetulip said:

My question is when will you pay the people you billed for nothing based on paypal agreements?
    I was billed in March 210 euro with some fantasy invoices for services named as:

DESCRIPTION AMOUNT
    404 €200.00EUR

@GalaxyHostPlus said:
    Thank You @Saragoldfarb

Hopefully if I ever try run business again at least I know where to start and what to avoid.

Hopefully some LET providers will get new client's as I will forward my client's here.

Privacy is top priority so it all dies here. At least I can guarantee this to my client's from my Privacy agreement.

Please open ticket reminder and provide PayPal email as ghp one is on minus. I should be able to run payment this Friday once I get my old salary paid. This is too big amount just don’t be refunded so would be scam not refunding it.

• @Thetulip said:

My question is when will you pay the people you billed for nothing based on paypal agreements?

DESCRIPTION AMOUNT
    404 €200.00EUR

@GalaxyHostPlus said:
    Thank You @Saragoldfarb

Don't believe them. I opened a ticket for the same "CURL ERR.. TIMEOUT CHECK" two months ago. However, they did not ever refund it. I've opened a PayPal dispute for that.

Ticket list:

• @kokasa said:

@Thetulip said:

DESCRIPTION AMOUNT
    404 €200.00EUR

@GalaxyHostPlus said:
    Thank You @Saragoldfarb

Don't believe them. I opened a ticket for the same "CURL ERR.. TIMEOUT CHECK" two months ago. However, they did not ever refund it. I've opened a PayPal dispute for that.

Ticket list:

Small payments were delayed due bank charge backs which make it harder to return with additional $20 fee.
    Only some accounts were affected with this glitch on callback we were dev for cron run. Hopefully it was refunded to you by PayPal if not let me know.
    atm 70% were refunded due this error some were refunded by PayPal dispute.

• Doesn’t look like a software error or bug to me at all. Looks like some made up bullshit.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited April 2018

Thetulip said: I was billed in March 210 euro with some fantasy invoices for services

Could you please tell us what your real account is on LET? Because I don't believe that you signed here just to post this one and only comment! And if there is a wrong payment, and no response from their side, why didn't you dispute it on paypal?

classy said: Looks like some made up bullshit.

kokasa said: Don't believe them. I opened a ticket for the same "CURL ERR.. TIMEOUT CHECK" two months ago. However, they did not ever refund it. I've opened a PayPal dispute for that.

ricardo said: I was more interested in the provider's response than the moral high ground one, especially since they'll likely re-appear under a new brand.

You do realize people that they have gone deadpool, eh? He got bankrupt and he uses his salary from his daytime job to cover some costs on his deep dept. While it's nice and easy to beat a dead horse, it cannot lead anywhere. Even if you say a million times that all those are bullshit, or calling people not to believe them (not believe what? That they closing doors on debt? Because that's what he wrote, he did not promise that he will refund everyone) is just arguing without a subject...

Thanked by 1lonea
  • @jvnadr said:

Thetulip said: I was billed in March 210 euro with some fantasy invoices for services

Could you please tell us what your real account is on LET? Because I don't believe that you signed here just to post this one and only comment! And if there is a wrong payment, and no response from their side, why didn't you dispute it on paypal?

classy said: Looks like some made up bullshit.

kokasa said: Don't believe them. I opened a ticket for the same "CURL ERR.. TIMEOUT CHECK" two months ago. However, they did not ever refund it. I've opened a PayPal dispute for that.

ricardo said: I was more interested in the provider's response than the moral high ground one, especially since they'll likely re-appear under a new brand.

You do realize people that they have gone deadpool, eh? He got bankrupt and he uses his salary from his daytime job to cover some costs on his deep dept. While it's nice and easy to beat a dead horse, it cannot lead anywhere. Even if you say a million times that all those are bullshit, or calling people not to believe them (not believe what? That they closing doors on debt? Because that's what he wrote, he did not promise that he will refund everyone) is just arguing without a subject...

Hi,

I just want confirm I had issue in the system and he was charged 200e by mistake on script test for faster invoice. This should be fixed this Friday once I get my December salary from last job.

This discussion has been closed.